Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mother accused of leaving three children in 15-degree car

Mother accused of leaving three children in 15-degree car with windows open to shop at Walmart

My question is how can any MOTHER be that stupid or uncaring

That’s cold.

A Kentucky mother allegedly left three of her children in the car in 15-degree weather while she shopped at Walmart, the Lexington Herald Leader reports.
    Police were led to the car by customers who were concerned about the children. A four-year-old, 20-month-old and six-month-old were found in the vehicle, which was unlocked at the time.
    The windows of the car were partially rolled down even though it was nine degrees that day. Police called an ambulance to the scene because they weren’t sure how long the children had been left inside the vehicle in the “brutal cold”, according to the Lexington Herald Leader.
    Broquel King, a 28-year-old from Louisville, returned to the car and allegedly told police she had been in the store for just five minutes. However, police said they were waiting near the car for her to return for over 20 minutes.
    “[The] suspect’s actions placed children in substantial danger of death or serious physical injury due to the extreme cold,” a Louisville officer wrote in the arrest report obtained by the Lexington Herald Leader.
    King was taken to Louisville Metro Corrections on three counts of wanton endangerment, three counts of criminal abuse and a count of disorderly conduct.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3737711
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,513
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,004x in 18,683 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 of her children? How many more does she have? Where were they, I wonder.

This also, could be a case favoring mandated birth control.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every single day theres 3 or 4 of these in the news
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,523x in 14,782 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Mother accused of leaving three children in 15-degree car with windows open to shop at Walmart

That’s cold.

A Kentucky mother allegedly left three of her children in the car in 15-degree weather while she shopped at Walmart, the Lexington Herald Leader reports.
    Police were led to the car by customers who were concerned about the children. A four-year-old, 20-month-old and six-month-old were found in the vehicle, which was unlocked at the time.
    The windows of the car were partially rolled down even though it was nine degrees that day. Police called an ambulance to the scene because they weren’t sure how long the children had been left inside the vehicle in the “brutal cold”, according to the Lexington Herald Leader.
    Broquel King, a 28-year-old from Louisville, returned to the car and allegedly told police she had been in the store for just five minutes. However, police said they were waiting near the car for her to return for over 20 minutes.
    “[The] suspect’s actions placed children in substantial danger of death or serious physical injury due to the extreme cold,” a Louisville officer wrote in the arrest report obtained by the Lexington Herald Leader.
    King was taken to Louisville Metro Corrections on three counts of wanton endangerment, three counts of criminal abuse and a count of disorderly conduct.

You can take them away and get them better nurture. But you can't change those genetics.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,654x in 2,195 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As disturbing as this story is? I think I would have been much more upset if it had been three puppies. *Shrugs*

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,847
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

That’s cold.

Temperature aside, who leaves infants in a car alone? By itself that is serious negligence.

Thinking back when I was a kid i.e. more like 8 or 9, I'm fairly sure that I was left in a vehicle at those temperatures or even below zero weather on Saturdays with my 2 younger siblings, but the car was parked in front of small delicatessen where my parents were picking up bread and sausage and could see us through the front window of the store. We were usually there for 15 to 20 minutes, but we were wearing snowsuits which we routinely wore to play outside in sub-zero weather. The store was rather small and we would have been too close to precarious displays if we went inside. The store was rather crowded on Saturdays. If we got too cold I could have brought us all into the store, but we were dressed warmly and the car was locked. We were never left alone in a major parking lot at any time of the year until I was a teen and simply didn't want to go into the store.

Now given that this was in Kentucky and not Minnesota, I don't imagine those kids were dressed for that kind of cold, so they could have succumbed to hypothermia very quickly, especially the 6-mo-old and the 20-mo-old. Definitely a negligent or just plain ignorant mother. She's fortunate that they were not kidnapped by a pedophile.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,594x in 94,422 Posts