User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Then there is this....

  1. #1
    Points: 50,436, Level: 54
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    242413
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,934
    Points
    50,436
    Level
    54
    Thanks Given
    9,814
    Thanked 5,267x in 4,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Then there is this....

    Stumbled across this last night. For those that "know" yall will understand why i bawled for a very long time during and after i watched it.

    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvereyes For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (01-06-2018),resister (01-06-2018)

  3. #2
    Points: 105,252, Level: 79
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,698
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    857648
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    43,572
    Points
    105,252
    Level
    79
    Thanks Given
    23,651
    Thanked 20,904x in 14,311 Posts
    Mentioned
    1179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alzheimers is a cruel disease that takes loved ones away one memory at a time.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    silvereyes (01-06-2018)

  5. #3
    Points: 50,436, Level: 54
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    242413
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,934
    Points
    50,436
    Level
    54
    Thanks Given
    9,814
    Thanked 5,267x in 4,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Alzheimers is a cruel disease that takes loved ones away one memory at a time.
    Its horrible. My dad didnt know who i was at first during the Christmas get together i surprised him at. My sister had to (gently) tell him. He was there with all 9 siblings and their spouses. They quietly saw me go sit by him and say, "merry christmas, old man." Ive called him that for years. My nickname for him. He was just blank until my sister said, "look daddy. *Silver* came to surprise you." It took a bit before his face cleared and he knew it was me. He hugged me and i said to go say hi to everyone.

    I snuck outside and sat on the steps and cried while most of my aunts and uncles came and sat with me and my godmother, his sister, held me.

    It was heart breaking and awful.
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvereyes For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (01-06-2018),Ravens Fan (01-06-2018)

  7. #4
    Points: 67,933, Level: 63
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 817
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    resister's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    153995
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Arcadia Fl
    Posts
    29,321
    Points
    67,933
    Level
    63
    Thanks Given
    23,069
    Thanked 9,976x in 7,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes View Post
    Its horrible. My dad didnt know who i was at first during the Christmas get together i surprised him at. My sister had to (gently) tell him. He was there with all 9 siblings and their spouses. They quietly saw me go sit by him and say, "merry christmas, old man." Ive called him that for years. My nickname for him. He was just blank until my sister said, "look daddy. *Silver* came to surprise you." It took a bit before his face cleared and he knew it was me. He hugged me and i said to go say hi to everyone.

    I snuck outside and sat on the steps and cried while most of my aunts and uncles came and sat with me and my godmother, his sister, held me.

    It was heart breaking and awful.
    (((Huggs))) this reminds me to go visit Mario and Shirley (my old neighbors a half mile away) Shirley is the effected one, Mario is pushing 80.

    I knew something was not right, overdue for a visit.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to resister For This Useful Post:

    silvereyes (01-06-2018)

  9. #5
    Points: 50,436, Level: 54
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    242413
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,934
    Points
    50,436
    Level
    54
    Thanks Given
    9,814
    Thanked 5,267x in 4,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad is 73. He is the only one of 11 kids to go to college. He has a genius IQ. He has a Ph. D. in mathematics. He taught college since 1978. Before that he taught HS math and was Vice Principal in his hometown. We moved here in 78 when he got the college professor job. He retired from here in 98...moving on to teach in Rochester, NY. Then they sent him to Dubai for almost 7 years until he officially retired 4 years ago. He and mom had about 2 and half retirement years together before she passed away last year.
    Its been rough.

    Hes the only one with this horrible condition of all 11 kids in his family.
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to silvereyes For This Useful Post:


  11. #6

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 243,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    321795
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    43,240
    Points
    243,471
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    503
    Thanked 996x in 618 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Alzheimers is a cruel disease that takes loved ones away one memory at a time.
    They just found by accident what they believe is a great stride in curing alzheimers, researchers were working feverishly on a cure for diabetes and what they developed in stead is a drug that reduces the affects of alzheimers. Its not approved and has a long way to go for release, but they believe its going to lead to the means stop alzheimers.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (01-06-2018),Kacper (01-06-2018),silvereyes (01-06-2018)

  13. #7
    Points: 105,252, Level: 79
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,698
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    857648
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    43,572
    Points
    105,252
    Level
    79
    Thanks Given
    23,651
    Thanked 20,904x in 14,311 Posts
    Mentioned
    1179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes View Post
    Its horrible. My dad didnt know who i was at first during the Christmas get together i surprised him at. My sister had to (gently) tell him. He was there with all 9 siblings and their spouses. They quietly saw me go sit by him and say, "merry christmas, old man." Ive called him that for years. My nickname for him. He was just blank until my sister said, "look daddy. *Silver* came to surprise you." It took a bit before his face cleared and he knew it was me. He hugged me and i said to go say hi to everyone.

    I snuck outside and sat on the steps and cried while most of my aunts and uncles came and sat with me and my godmother, his sister, held me.

    It was heart breaking and awful.
    I'm so sorry Silver. That's terrible. I take it that he lives far from you?
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    silvereyes (01-06-2018)

  15. #8
    Points: 50,436, Level: 54
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    242413
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,934
    Points
    50,436
    Level
    54
    Thanks Given
    9,814
    Thanked 5,267x in 4,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    They just found by accident what they believe is a great stride in curing alzheimers, researchers were working feverishly on a cure for diabetes and what they developed in stead is a drug that reduces the affects of alzheimers. Its not approved and has a long way to go for release, but they believe its going to lead to the means stop alzheimers.
    That would be amazing.
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

  16. #9
    Points: 50,436, Level: 54
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    242413
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,934
    Points
    50,436
    Level
    54
    Thanks Given
    9,814
    Thanked 5,267x in 4,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I'm so sorry Silver. That's terrible. I take it that he lives far from you?
    2 and half hours.....but with no car... It sucks.
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

  17. #10

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 243,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    321795
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    43,240
    Points
    243,471
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    503
    Thanked 996x in 618 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes View Post
    My dad is 73. He is the only one of 11 kids to go to college. He has a genius IQ. He has a Ph. D. in mathematics. He taught college since 1978. Before that he taught HS math and was Vice Principal in his hometown. We moved here in 78 when he got the college professor job. He retired from here in 98...moving on to teach in Rochester, NY. Then they sent him to Dubai for almost 7 years until he officially retired 4 years ago. He and mom had about 2 and half retirement years together before she passed away last year.
    Its been rough.

    Hes the only one with this horrible condition of all 11 kids in his family.
    My neighbor got diagnosed not long ago and in fla the law says the Dr has to report it immediately and within 48 yrs they take your drivers license away. He was destroyed a couple of us neighbors helped them out for a few months, taking them to appts and grocery shopping. Ironically yesterday I saw a truck there emptying the house he and his wife didnt even tell us they were leaving, I said he must have forgotten he wasnt that type of guy. Anyway I dont know where they went but I just wish them the very very best.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    silvereyes (01-06-2018)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO