User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racism, Rackalism, and other things that nobody wants.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 2,783
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,070x in 14,366 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Racism, Rackalism, and other things that nobody wants.

Full Disclosure I am a middle ages White male!

One of the things that I noticed is that we are all still under the false information of if you are on the right you are racist and if you are on the left you are Not.

But what is Racism? Does it mean that we must weigh each and every word before it is spoken, Who has are right, if anyone, to not be offended I think back the my Youth and entertainers and shows that would certainly not be allowed in todays, world. Movies that used satire to make fun of those that were still convinced that the color of your skin determined anything about you.

So what is Racism? Is the fact that More POC are incarcerated By percentage that Caucasian Folks Racism? Or should the only thing that matters when enforcing the law, is the fact that a person in fact broke the law no matter what their skin color is.

When Governments force parents that can't afford private school to send their children to schools that are violent and failing to provide an education, is that Racism because many if not most of the poor communities in this country have a high population of POC?

We know that when we just use color as a basis for criminal sentencing it appears that POC get a raw deal but when you take into account prior convictions most of that discrepancy goes away?

Dr. King states in his I have a dream speech, that he longed for the day when a man would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. but today do we over look the character of a person and just concentrate on the color of their skin?

When our politicians assume that POC are inferior and need help to make it is this country, is that saying that they are not as capable? Do we use the system to make it harder for POC to break the chains that keep them in poorer neighborhoods?

I can tell you that in my 50 years Racism is being used more and more to justify failure, and it seems that nothing is being done that really helps to make changes for the poor of all colors to make a better life

It is this middle ages White guys opinion that we need to empower people that are on the lower economic scale to make a better life for themselves while not taking away the dignity of earning it for themselves.

So what are the answers, How should we approach the issues and make the USA a beacon of light for all. and where do the responsibilities lie?

I have tired to be respectful and hope that all will do the same and understand that people that have walked in different shoes many have different ideas and still not be racist

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In direct payment benefits either welfare, the earned income tax credit, or food stamps. If people are forced to survive or forced to support the dead beats, most of the -isms will be of little effect or concern in public discourse.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Historically, racism has been on the left and not the right. The right has fairly consistently shunned any racist elements while the left has fairly consistently pointed at the right.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    In direct payment benefits either welfare, the earned income tax credit, or food stamps. If people are forced to survive or forced to support the dead beats, most of the -isms will be of little effect or concern in public discourse.

I find that we don't have enough faith in some of the people that live in the poor areas of the country.

Think of the failure that is inner city schools in most of the country. And yet with the same money being spent today school of choice could change the educational outcome for the vast majority of the poor in this country. IN ONE generation.

Yet because of the desire for power over people, our government continues to force a broken system on them.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Historically, racism has been on the left and not the right. The right has fairly consistently shunned any racist elements while the left has fairly consistently pointed at the right.
    I certainly believe that many policies supported by progressives has indeed made it much harder for the poor to break the bondage of being poor, and because that class is heavily POC, this supports some of what you have said.

But if the Trump presidency does nothing else it should have at least pointed out that the Right is full of progressives that are as bad or worse that the progressives on the left.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    I find that we don't have enough faith in some of the people that live in the poor areas of the country.

Think of the failure that is inner city schools in most of the country. And yet with the same money being spent today school of choice could change the educational outcome for the vast majority of the poor in this country. IN ONE generation.

Yet because of the desire for power over people, our government continues to force a broken system on them.
    I find that my biggest beef with the DNC is their absolute refusal to do away with failed/failing models of programs directed at the poor. Poverty is expanding, and yet they refuse to touch these programs. Unfortunately, anything that involves money or things that can be readily converted to money results in more substance abuse, fraud, etc., yet they are not to be touched. I absolutely believe in the importance of addressing poverty, but now we have layered broken households, substance abuse, and failed educational systems that do not keep up with the needs of the modern job markets on top of that poverty. For the -isms to have any importance, there has to be an economic component to them. These failed programs just perpetuate those -isms.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    barb012's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,459x in 906 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the votes for Clinton were people that were not white and foreign immigrants and this is what I believe is why so much talk about fighting more for their rights while sacrificing the rights of natural born white people.

Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I certainly believe that many policies supported by progressives has indeed made it much harder for the poor to break the bondage of being poor, and because that class is heavily POC, this supports some of what you have said.

But if the Trump presidency does nothing else it should have at least pointed out that the Right is full of progressives that are as bad or worse that the progressives on the left.
    Trump himsef is something of a Progressive with his protectionist policies.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 examples of the race card being used to excuse failure is Sheila lee Jackson and Maxine waters, they claim racism non stop. People like them have made the race card meaningless.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,521x in 14,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full Disclosure I am a middle ages White male!

One of the things that I noticed is that we are all still under the false information of if you are on the right you are racist and if you are on the left you are Not.

But what is Racism? Does it mean that we must weigh each and every word before it is spoken, Who has are right, if anyone, to not be offended I think back the my Youth and entertainers and shows that would certainly not be allowed in todays, world. Movies that used satire to make fun of those that were still convinced that the color of your skin determined anything about you.

So what is Racism? Is the fact that More POC are incarcerated By percentage that Caucasian Folks Racism? Or should the only thing that matters when enforcing the law, is the fact that a person in fact broke the law no matter what their skin color is.

When Governments force parents that can't afford private school to send their children to schools that are violent and failing to provide an education, is that Racism because many if not most of the poor communities in this country have a high population of POC?

We know that when we just use color as a basis for criminal sentencing it appears that POC get a raw deal but when you take into account prior convictions most of that discrepancy goes away?

Dr. King states in his I have a dream speech, that he longed for the day when a man would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. but today do we over look the character of a person and just concentrate on the color of their skin?

When our politicians assume that POC are inferior and need help to make it is this country, is that saying that they are not as capable? Do we use the system to make it harder for POC to break the chains that keep them in poorer neighborhoods?

I can tell you that in my 50 years Racism is being used more and more to justify failure, and it seems that nothing is being done that really helps to make changes for the poor of all colors to make a better life

It is this middle ages White guys opinion that we need to empower people that are on the lower economic scale to make a better life for themselves while not taking away the dignity of earning it for themselves.

So what are the answers, How should we approach the issues and make the USA a beacon of light for all. and where do the responsibilities lie?

I have tired to be respectful and hope that all will do the same and understand that people that have walked in different shoes many have different ideas and still not be racist

Looking forward to your thoughts.
    Over playing racism gives the politicians talking points that don't involve actually doing anything meaningful. They try to address racism as a one way street when it is more like a round about. That will never work, but then again I don't think it's meant to

+ Reply to Thread