Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
How could I be referring to WW2? Do you think the UK joined you in that war? There was nothing illegal about WW2 on the allied side, and the UK was fighting the Germans and Italians for nearly three years before the Japanese bombed you into the war, and Hitler declared war on the USA. I was talking about Iraq, and back then, Vietnam. We do history in class - you know!

And yes we did learn about the so-called Pilgrim Fathers. Most of them were total religious nutters who were not fleeing religious persecution (they were Protestants - only the Catholics were persecuted in the 16th and 17th centuries) but they were not allowed to impose their crazy brand of Christianity on the rest of England - that's why they 'fled'. They were the most hated people in England, and when they went to Holland, they were disliked there too.

I'm not interested in why some Americans didn't like President Obama - what I'm trying to discuss is why President Trump is considered a dangerous fool - not only in the USA but around the world. I can't help that you don't like that - but it would be useful if we could talk about that without nasty remarks about other countries. And remember, Donald Trump is not the USA, and worldwide opinion of Trump is not worldwide opinion of the USA.
Thanks for the clarification- I had a mind fart re "illegal wars," sorry.

Regarding talking bad about other countries, allowing sharia courts is a fact, and detrimental to society. If you feel that is disparaging a country, so be it. We see what is happening in France, Germany, and your country, and want no part of it.
Why were Protestants considered crazy, in your view?