User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visiting judge to preside over Sebring water-crisis trial

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,058x in 24,884 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visiting judge to preside over Sebring water-crisis trial

Visiting Judge to Preside over Sebring Water-Crisis
    Trial

This triggered quite a stir in our area, on the heels of the Flint crisis. Sebring is a beat-down little farm town south east of Youngstown, 7 miles east of the greatest college football power on the planet -- the Mount Union Purple Raiders. There was a lot of hand-wringing, the big tort firms headed there. Investigations were had. As a result, James Bates, was charged with failing to timely notify Sebring water customers in late 2015 and early 2016 of excessive lead levels in Sebring’s drinking water. The Ohio Attorney General’s office is prosecuting the case on behalf of the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. The late notifications came on the heels of the Flint, Mich., drinking-water crisis and resulted in Sebring-area water customers being told to consume bottled water for several weeks until the problem was fixed.

I was asked by Sebring's insurer to represent the Village if claims came. Not one single claim came.
    Last edited by DGUtley; 01-09-2018 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Forgot link.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (01-09-2018)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not providing safe drinking water is unthinkable anywhere in this country.

I have a deep well but not far from me they have city water, if you dont use a drop of water your monthly water bill is 48.00. People that water their lawn and have pools have horrific water bills near 75 to over a 100.00. Heres the caveat they tell them the water is safe and tested regularly and conforms to state and federal standards but the water STINKS like sulphur and tastes like $#@! and everyone has an expenive to put in and maintain water filtering system so they can tolerate drinking the garbage.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,058x in 24,884 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Not providing safe drinking water is unthinkable anywhere in this country. I have a deep well but not far from me they have city water, if you dont use a drop of water your monthly water bill is 48.00. People that water their lawn and have pools have horrific water bills near 75 to over a 100.00. Heres the caveat they tell them the water is safe and tested regularly and conforms to state and federal standards but the water STINKS like sulphur and tastes like $#@! and everyone has an expenive to put in and maintain water filtering system so they can tolerate drinking the garbage.
    Here, I live in a Township in Medina County. Medina County has its own aquifers, so I have county water and county sewer. If you live in Medina City, you get your water from Lake Erie through the City of Cleveland water system -- you pay bigly. City of Akron, even worse. I may put a well in this year.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

+ Reply to Thread