Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
This evening when I got home from work I plopped down on the couch grabbed my laptop signed on to tPF (of course!) then clicked on the t.v. to catch some news.I wasn't paying much attention but then a commercial caught my ear. It was advertising the show "Will and Grace". O....kay, didn't that show go off the air years ago....... Back to my laptop and I'm typing away when another commercial catches my attention. This time it's an advertisement for "Rosanne". I'm like Wha.....t?Now, I'll admit that I did not watch either of these shows when they were originally on with the exception of a show here or there. My question is: Why are the networks bringing old shows back? Are they incapable of creating new shows? Even way too many movies have become remakes. I just thought it was weird and sad. Thoughts?
I'm a bettin the profitability of the many stations dedicated to reruns has figured into there decision making process. Just off my antenna I get 11 channels dedicated to reruns and 2 others that are about 50/50. Most are available on the local Charter Cable system.