Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,815x in 3,968 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    Furthermore, both Toyota and Mazda are building new plants in Alabama to build cars in the US. While the profits may go to stock holders in Japan wages and benefits will go to American workers.
    Americans own stock in both companies , as well.
    De Oppresso Liber

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,344
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Grokmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    So the great tax cut apparently either isn't the way Walmart is paying for it or isn't enough to save 63 Sam's Clubs although your belief that business locations only close related to profitability of the individual locations is naive at best.
    Bull$#@!. They were closing those locations anyway. They are not profitable. Why am I discussing OBVIOUS business realities, when it should be clear? One has nothing to do with the other.

Out of OVER 600 Sam's Club's, less than 10% are not profitable, and are being closed.

Meanwhile, workers at OVER 3,600 Walmarts are getting raises and bonuses.

Only the leftninniy doofi, whit their GLARING IGNORANCE of business, would call this a "bad thing"...der....
    Last edited by Grokmaster; 01-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    De Oppresso Liber

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Bull$#@!. They were closing those locations anyway. They are not profitable. Why am I discussing OBVIOUS business realities, when it should be clear? One has nothing to do with the other.

Out of OVER 600 Sam's Club's, less than 10% are not profitable, and are being closed.

Meanwhile, workers at OVER 3,600 Walmarts are getting raises and bonuses.

Only the leftninniy doofi, whit their GLARING IGNORANCE of business, would call this a "bad thing"...der....
    I didn't say it was a bad thing. Perhaps if you spent more time reading and less time playing with colors and fonts, you would have comprehended better. Regardless, businesses do close profitable stores. We had the most profitable location a restaurant business had in my city close while other remained opened. They were closing other locations in neighboring cities and just didn't want to have the hassle of delivering to one restaurant in this area and they felt that locations success would make it easier to fetch a premium price on the building to offset losses they were taking elsewhere.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say it was a bad thing. Perhaps if you spent more time reading and less time playing with colors and fonts, you would have comprehended better. Regardless, businesses do close profitable stores. We had the most profitable location a restaurant business had in my city close while other remained opened. They were closing other locations in neighboring cities and just didn't want to have the hassle of delivering to one restaurant in this area and they felt that locations success would make it easier to fetch a premium price on the building to offset losses they were taking elsewhere.

Oh, you didn't cite the closing of less than 10% of the Sam's clubs to counter the great news of the OP topic, as a BAD THING ?

BULL$#@!. That is EXACTLY what you and the rest of the tPF left were trying to do.

Maybe if you'd spend more time being HONEST about yourself, you wouldn't be reduced to commenting on posting styles.
    De Oppresso Liber

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Oh, you didn't cite the closing of less than 10% of the Sam's clubs to counter the great news of the OP topic, as a BAD THING ?

BULL$#@!. That is EXACTLY what you and the rest of the tPF left were trying to do.

Maybe if you'd spend more time being HONEST about yourself, you wouldn't be reduced to commenting on posting styles.
    Providing additional news on a company in the news isn't a great conspiracy. It is adding to the content of the site in a constructive way. You should try it some times.

I am generally indifferent to news. Don't support Trump; didn't support Clinton. I am not a rabid political apologist for either side or any candidate. Perhaps if you spent less time using cap letters you would have noticed I don't particularly care for either party, but also don't need to get all FAUX CAPS-LOCK incensed about them.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Providing additional news on a company in the news isn't a great conspiracy. It is adding to the content of the site in a constructive way. You should try it some times.

I am generally indifferent to news. Don't support Trump; didn't support Clinton. I am not a rabid political apologist for either side or any candidate. Perhaps if you spent less time using cap letters you would have noticed I don't particularly care for either party, but also don't need to get all FAUX CAPS-LOCK incensed about them.
    Well, okay. It sure LOOKED LIKE that's what you were doing, without adding the fact that it was less than 10% of the existing Sam's Clubs.

I accent what I want accented, however the hell I choose to; I couldn't care less about "tPF 'style points' "
    De Oppresso Liber

+ Reply to Thread