Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,009x in 10,721 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump Trek reveals hidden Trump support

Kudos to the Pro Lifers we met but your gathering didn't compare. No kudos to the militant pink hats we witnessed all day Saturday. Nice day in DC for a rally, but their rally didn't compare to our Trek.

Stepped onto.....at 11:00am at Pentagon City, the Metro...with Trump hats and MAGA hats and Trump flags...and we were met with a resounding Boooooo from perhaps 30 pink clad pu55y hat wearing fanatics. And to be honest as I always am, only a few were hostile, most met us with humor, jokes, the football team style banter, Trump sucks...etc. Fun stuff.

But then something amazing happened....and it was repeated all day! And night. My brother brings his Navy blue Trump flag out....and we pose for the first pic of the day behind the flag..in the back .....the pic taken by a young woman in a pink shirt who we jokingly asked if she'd be nice enough to work the camera phone.....she dais "sure", we really didn't expect that. Nice lady.

Anyway, before the pic was taken....a shout came out from the middle of the metro car. "Hold on, I wanna be in that pic!"

Then two more. Then five more. White, Black. Female, Male, young, old.....20 more people asked to be in the picture!

We went to the WH. Sniffed on by the dogs first......we actually got one of the security officers to pose with us!

And then many more people wanted to join the picture behind a Trump flag, many people remain silent until they see many others who share their opinions....and then they proudly step forward to resounding booos from others....and smile for the picture, victory V's being displayed.

Whether at the Trump Hotel or White House. Bobby Vanns or K street. We were trekking along when someone offered to buy our lunch(four of us now), we ate at a joint called Fuel Pizza and Wings on K street....and it was good. Pizza, wings, bottled beers......back out on the trek. Everywhere we stopped with flags and hats....we got a positive response.

President Trump.....you have support. Not all of it as boisterous or solid as your Uncle Ransom's.......but you've citizens who believe, who know you want to make America Great Again.

PS.....the Left for the most part, very well behaved. We didn't see any balloons this year. Nor spittle dripping on chin fanatics like we did on Inauguration weekend.....we actually met some nice people from the other camp who also commented that we were at least Gentlemen. 4 bedroom home via Airbnb is where we stayed, in Alexandria. Spent Sat night enjoying some spirits and Old Town. Very cool.

Trump 2020

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (01-22-2018),Cannons Front (01-22-2018),Grokmaster (01-22-2018),MisterVeritis (01-22-2018),stjames1_53 (01-22-2018),texan (01-22-2018)

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,562
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,991x in 18,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's nice, @Ransom, sounds like a good time! I don't do rallies, crowds aren't my thing, but, I do send emails to the White House, periodically, to say, " good job, keep it up."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (01-22-2018),Ransom (01-22-2018),stjames1_53 (01-22-2018)

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,854
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    texan's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,749x in 3,852 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is definately a misconception on polling. I think the difference is the polled person is being asked vs. what the poller is reporting.To me its a deceptive practice. many people don't care for the way Trump goes about his business, but they definately want what he is trying to deliver. Those to are being confused either by stupidity or design. Not sure which and that may vary by polling company.

This immigration debate is a perfect example. The dems will lose on this issue. DACA is not a problem for Americans or Trump. That is an easy one and he will permanently approve it. But he will need real wall dollars and maybe some compromise on the other two issues. The American people can understand this logical position. Versus the dems who seem more for everything with no balance. It is a loser dems.
    I am tired of everyone fighting with each other. This is all by design.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to texan For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (01-22-2018),Ransom (01-22-2018),stjames1_53 (01-22-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is your chicken of the year so far. This loud mouth runs in the game of chicken. The way he speaks he is the last person I thought would run.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._dreamers.html

8. The Following User Says Thank You to texan For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (01-22-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See the second paragraph two posts up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to texan For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (01-22-2018)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    There is definately a misconception on polling. I think the difference is the polled person is being asked vs. what the poller is reporting.To me its a deceptive practice. many people don't care for the way Trump goes about his business, but they definately want what he is trying to deliver. Those to are being confused either by stupidity or design. Not sure which and that may vary by polling company.

This immigration debate is a perfect example. The dems will lose on this issue. DACA is not a problem for Americans or Trump. That is an easy one and he will permanently approve it. But he will need real wall dollars and maybe some compromise on the other two issues. The American people can understand this logical position. Versus the dems who seem more for everything with no balance. It is a loser dems.
    There's an article at 528 that warns you that polls of all adults isn't the same as a poll of voters. All adults don't vote.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (01-22-2018)

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,344
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Grokmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,815x in 3,968 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post

Media polls are heavily sampled to the left, which is why most do not release their sample demographics.
    De Oppresso Liber

+ Reply to Thread