Members banned from this thread: Shady Slim

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My nephew finally came out today...

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nephew finally came out today...

My nephew, who is almost thirty, finally came out today. I've been waiting for about 15 years. I think everyone except his parents knew. It was like an open secret in the family that no one could mention because of his father. I'm so happy that he is now free. He is the sweetest and nicest person that you could ever hope to know and trying to pretend be someone who he is not, has almost driven him to suicide. This is a great day, because now he can really have a life and stop hating himself for not being the son that his father expected. It's not that he was treated badly by his father - the opposite. His father adores him and in a way has lived vicariously through him. My nephew is very talented, as is his father.

Had he been treated badly, I'm sure he would have come out years ago, but he was so afraid to hurt his parents that he has been torturing himself for years. He has never even admitted it to the family and no one pressed him about it, but we all knew since he was about 11 or 12, maybe even before.

I'm so happy for him because now he can be himself and actually have a life - he deserves to be happy.
    Last edited by Dr. Who; 02-02-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Agent Zero (02-02-2018),Chloe (02-02-2018),Common Sense (02-02-2018),Dangermouse (02-03-2018),gamewell45 (02-02-2018),IMPress Polly (02-05-2018),knight (02-04-2018),Ravens Fan (02-03-2018),Tricia (02-04-2018),Trish (02-02-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    My nephew, who is almost thirty, finally came out today. I've been waiting for about 15 years. I think everyone except his parents new. It was like an open secret in the family that no one could mention because of his father. I'm so happy that he is now free. He is the sweetest and nicest person that you could ever hope to know and trying to pretend be someone who he is not, has almost driven him to suicide. This is a great day, because now he can really have a life and stop hating himself for not being the son that his father expected. It's not that he was treated badly by his father - the opposite. His father adores him and in a way has lived vicariously through him. My nephew is very talented, as is his father.

Had he been treated badly, I'm sure he would have come out years ago, but he was so afraid to hurt his parents that he has been torturing himself for years. He has never even admitted it to the family and no one pressed him about it, but we all knew since he was about 11 or 12, maybe even before.

I'm so happy for him because now he can be himself and actually have a life - he deserves to be happy.
    You only live once in life and everyone should live and be happy with their lives.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (02-05-2018),Ravens Fan (02-03-2018),silvereyes (02-02-2018)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for him if it was something he felt a need to do. I just say things to kids like, "When you grow up and marry a boy or a girl, just make sure it is a frog because they have their own lily pad cause you guys aren't living with me..." in a joking/light-hearted way so that nobody ever feels the need to be in or out. I really don't care what people do or with whom just so they support themselves.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kacper For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (02-02-2018),Ravens Fan (02-03-2018),silvereyes (02-02-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My nephew, who is almost thirty, finally came out today. I've been waiting for about 15 years. I think everyone except his parents knew. It was like an open secret in the family that no one could mention because of his father. I'm so happy that he is now free. He is the sweetest and nicest person that you could ever hope to know and trying to pretend be someone who he is not, has almost driven him to suicide. This is a great day, because now he can really have a life and stop hating himself for not being the son that his father expected. It's not that he was treated badly by his father - the opposite. His father adores him and in a way has lived vicariously through him. My nephew is very talented, as is his father.

How did you know when he was 11 yrs old ?

My fathers youngest brother was gay and never admitted it till the day he died and his partner for decades wouldnt admit it after he passed. They lived in the same apt building next door to each other. They both maintained their own apartment and this was after his parents were long gone, every one knew, I was the only one that had the balls to ask him when we were alone, after I came home. He looked at me and said would it make a difference, I said nope, He said lets have another drink
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Good for him if it was something he felt a need to do. I just say things to kids like, "When you grow up and marry a boy or a girl, just make sure it is a frog because they have their own lily pad cause you guys aren't living with me..." in a joking/light-hearted way so that nobody ever feels the need to be in or out. I really don't care what people do or with whom just so they support themselves.
    My SIL and BIL are the opposite - I'm not sure they ever want him to move out. My SIL had kids from a prior marriage and they all moved out a very long time ago, but my nephew is the only one they had together, IOW he's my BIL's only biological child and the only boy in their family. For my SIL, he has always been the ideal son. He dotes on his mother and he's always been my BIL's pride and joy.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (02-02-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

My fathers youngest brother was gay and never admitted it till the day he died and his partner for decades wouldnt admit it after he passed. They lived in the same apt building next door to each other. They both maintained their own apartment and this was after his parents were long gone, every one knew, I was the only one that had the balls to ask him when we were alone, after I came home. He looked at me and said would it make a difference, I said nope, He said lets have another drink
    I was about to ask rhetorically. Obviously, because he's effeminate. Interesting...
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

It's hard to explain how we knew. I can only say it was in his eyes and in his demeanor. I think that if you know many gay men, it's easier to see. My husband said to me today, what he noticed very early on was how my nephew didn't look at women - meaning he didn't have that certain look in his eyes when a pretty women was around. My nephew has always had a gaggle of female friends, but they were always 'just friends' no matter how gorgeous.

Mahatma Gandhi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (02-02-2018)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SIL and BIL are the opposite - I'm not sure they ever want him to move out. My SIL had kids from a prior marriage and they all moved out a very long time ago, but my nephew is the only one they had together, IOW he's my BIL's only biological child and the only boy in their family. For my SIL, he has always been the ideal son. He dotes on his mother and he's always been my BIL's pride and joy.
    To me it is not about wanting them. It is that I think people have to be able to provide for themselves and have their own homes to be fully independent, functioning adults with constructive lives. Tough love perhaps a little, but people need to struggle and figure it out and make good decisions based on bad experiences etc. I see too many adults these days living with moms/relatives at 30, 40 and old years still running around with the mental maturity of a 14 year old.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kacper For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's hard to explain how we knew. I can only say it was in his eyes and in his demeanor. I think that if you know many gay men, it's easier to see. My husband said to me today, what he noticed very early on was how my nephew didn't look at women - meaning he didn't have that certain look in his eyes when a pretty women was around. My nephew has always had a gaggle of female friends, but they were always 'just friends' no matter how gorgeous.
    Bologna. There's a very simple explanation but it's one you find a little awkward.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I was about to ask rhetorically. Obviously, because he's effeminate. Interesting...
    Not all gay men are effeminate. Some are very masculine and some apparently effeminate males are very straight. That is not in and of itself a distinguishing characteristic of gay men. A boy raised among women only, may have a more effeminate way of talking but still be entirely heterosexual. I work with a guy who is very effeminate in his speech and even in his body language. He is married to a woman and has just had his fourth child! If he is gay, he's really in denial.

Mahatma Gandhi

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Dangermouse (02-03-2018),Ravens Fan (02-03-2018),silvereyes (02-02-2018)

+ Reply to Thread