Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mods are in a difficult position. On the one hand they want to enforce the rules, and on the other hand they want to maintain membership. It is often an impossible choice. Good members leave when there is a prolific foul poster- like Bethre. But when other posters who are liked by the vast majority of the members break the rules and are banned, that also causes problems.

There has always been a push for the mods to be neutral and balanced. That creates the impossible choice, as demonstrated with this thread.

Some people who violate the rules are asses. Some who violate the rules are just frustrated with other members or moderation. They should not be treated the same. Each case should be treated separately with no cookie cutter solution.

Think about it.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Chris (02-04-2018),MisterVeritis (02-04-2018),Refugee (02-04-2018),Tricia (02-04-2018)

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,196
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    HawkTheSlayer's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,343x in 5,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
    Welcome to the ex-Resister tribute thread.
    It’s all here folks, forget change you can believe in
    , the new word on the streets is, ‘as dumb as they come’. Get your daily dose of liberal nonsense here. A quiz, news, self-help group and more. Staring Editor and production manager – Refugee.

Unravellin’ the nonsense in yo head, piece by piece

Attachment 22672

Democrat brain dead starter kit: Includes remote control on/off button to reduce verbal noise pollution and a free, ‘The Russians made me do it’ sticker (batteries not included). As used and endorsed by the NDC.

Prove you’re one marble ahead of being sectioned in our new ‘Democrat Bats**t’ quiz. Test your knowledge of US Democrats here.

1. Was Obamacare introduced to enable free psychiatric treatment for Pelosi, or to promote a new Democrat fashion statement?

2. Is the ‘bump’ a result of tPF Brett Nortje magic, a strange kind of pregnancy, or Barry’s wishful thinking?

3. Is it racist to apologize for hip hop dancing?

4. Does this finally prove the Russians were involved in US elections and fitted Obama with the wrong type of batteries?

5. Is this a Democrat basket-case, or a NDC mating call?

6. Who was the first Kenyan to become a US President?

Offering ‘Take dat Democrat out yo head’ counsellin’ n good ol Democrat foot stompin’ tunes

First of all , this thread should not even exist.
    It seems that it is for the great modding here
    Is it really going to take three days to figure out that it is a call out thread on a banned member who can't defend himself?
    Yes , it will. SMH.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,196
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    HawkTheSlayer's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,343x in 5,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The Mods are in a difficult position. On the one hand they want to enforce the rules, and on the other hand they want to maintain membership. It is often an impossible choice. Good members leave when there is a prolific foul poster- like Bethre. But when other posters who are liked by the vast majority of the members break the rules and are banned, that also causes problems.

There has always been a push for the mods to be neutral and balanced. That creates the impossible choice, as demonstrated with this thread.

Some people who violate the rules are asses. Some who violate the rules are just frustrated with other members or moderation. They should not be treated the same. Each case should be treated separately with no cookie cutter solution.

Think about it.
    Nothing can defend a call out thread against a member who has been banned.
    A person who has no means to defend against any accusations because he has been banned from a site but whose accusations remain to be allowed in unsubstantiated threads.
    I really have little faith in moderation here as it takes three days for even the simplest crap to get reviewed.
    Last edited by HawkTheSlayer; 02-04-2018 at 02:37 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (02-04-2018),Shady Slim (02-04-2018)

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Refugee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,583 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Laugh. But a contributor that posts 65 posts a day average is a major loss here.

@HawkTheSlayer
    In the case of not being able to criticise, there was a serious point in my making this thread. I hope your remark doesn’t go un-noticed by those above criticism. Read it as support, because if I hadn't done it no one else would have.

Last edited by Refugee; 02-04-2018 at 03:25 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Refugee For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (02-04-2018)

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Resister shakes off the mortal coils of this earthly forum, politial tributes continue to flood in from around the world.

Ex-French President Francois Hollande said: "Resister made history. That of tPF and the whole world."

Letting his dumbness show, ex-US President Barak Obama remarked: "If I had a son, he would look like Resister."

Overcome with grief, presedential candidate Hillary Clinton, when asked if Resister would one day return like her Messiah Obama stated:
    "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

In Europe, leaders marched in support of Resister and urged Tpf members to remain clam and join in prayer

Meanwhile, at an alternative tPF press conference, Refugee spoke before a huge crowd. … (Sniffle, wipes away a tear) … "Let us not weep in sorrow fellow members, but rejoice in the message Resister brought us. For did he not say, "For where two or three dumb Democrats gather in my name, there am I with them givin’ em a good Trumpin."

The US Democrat Senate held one minute silence as the NDC anthem was played

Let us pray …

"And while they were typing on their keyboards, He said to them, Truly I tell you, one of you will betray Me." They were deeply grieved and began to ask Him one after another, Surely not I, Lord? I am not speaking about all of you; I know whom I have chosen. But this is to fulfill the Scripture: The one who answers my posts with Me has lifted up his heel against Me."

Resisters posts will shortly be laid to rest in the pTF hole a place he held dear in his time on the forum
    Last edited by Refugee; 02-04-2018 at 03:39 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Refugee For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (02-04-2018),MisterVeritis (02-04-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,135
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,379x in 15,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not see this thread as an attack on Resister.

Quite the opposite. Hawk, I think you misread Refugee's intentions.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (02-04-2018),pragmatic (02-04-2018),Refugee (02-04-2018)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about it.

Although I’m OK with no criticism against individual mods, or even as a team, there are times when any one of us think they made a wrong decision. PM us? No, let’s not keep it a secret and sweep it under the carpet and these little skits are my way of bringing attention to what I think was a big mistake. If most don’t agree, so be it, but I think … well, it doesn’t matter what I think does it and I’m trying not to give an excuse for a thread. closure.

Think about it? I did and this thread was my way of bringing attention to it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Refugee For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (02-04-2018)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Members come and go. The site will be fine.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kacper For This Useful Post:

gamewell45 (02-04-2018),Green Arrow (02-06-2018)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thom Paine's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,119x in 683 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post

@HawkTheSlayer
    In the case of not being able to criticise, there was a serious point in my making this thread. I hope your remark doesn’t go un-noticed by those above criticism. Read it as support, because if I hadn't done it no one else would have.

From the Cheap Seats:

Viewing the overall outcome,
    It appears Resistor stepped forward and "took one for the team".
    Good? Bad? Yet to be known; but for his part it may have been a noble act.

I will miss watching his jousting.
    "I've outlived the country I loved" Monte Walsh 1970

"Remember: On the other side of that screen is a real person" (Missouri Mule)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about it.
    I agree each case should be handled on its merits since no two are alike. Having served as a moderator in another forum for many years, you have to be neutral and balanced, putting aside whatever differences you have in the forum in order to moderate fairly.

That being said it amazes me that their are some here who are more interested in personally insulting people then discussing/debating the issues. It's one thing to lively debate but to bring it down to a level where it becomes a verbal slugfest where insults become paramount over the thread topic only brings down the quality of the forum & hence we lose people who might have otherwise stayed. Those who become frustrated and vent in the forum need to step away for perhaps an hour or two or even perhaps a day or so if need be. And some will try to bait you; don't take the bait, if necessary put them on your ignore list instead of dignifying their insults with a response. There are ways to make this a better forum that will attract quality posters; that's what we all should be striving for here.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Crepitus (02-04-2018),Green Arrow (02-06-2018),Peter1469 (02-04-2018),pragmatic (02-04-2018),Safety (02-04-2018),silvereyes (02-06-2018)

+ Reply to Thread