User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the ban decisions around here?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bet a "dollar to donut" that anyone that takes the time to post the contributions of resister and juxtapose it with any other poster that was banned for trolling, an objective person would either see how much a troll he was, or that the other members banned for trolling were not as bad as they thought they were.

For anyone to make the argument that they didn't think resister was a troll, is laughable.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

Crepitus (02-04-2018),Green Arrow (02-05-2018)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Tricia's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,807x in 1,044 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, Safety, you're another one I love to bits but we'll just have to agree to disagree. Btw, how's that precious little dude of yours?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's doing well, they grow quick.

Here's a question, how is he "reacting" to something when he creates a thread about some black folks either fighting or stealing?
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (02-05-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post

Here's a question, how is he "reacting" to something when he creates a thread about some black folks either fighting or stealing?
    I didn't see that particular thread or threads so I can't comment on those specifically, sorry. You know that, though I lean conservative on many issues, I have been known to take issue with them on many others. There have been several conservative posters banned that I felt like had indeed crossed the line and needed to go. It really isn't partisan for me. I am friends with those from both sides and defend posters from either side when I think they are being treated unfairly. Surely you know that.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I didn't see that particular thread or threads so I can't comment on those specifically, sorry. You know that, though I lean conservative on many issues, I have been known to take issue with them on many others. There have been several conservative posters banned that I felt like had indeed crossed the line and needed to go. It really isn't partisan for me. I am friends with those from both sides and defend posters from either side when I think they are being treated unfairly. Surely you know that.
    Yes, I do know you are one of the good ones here, but even so, that doesn't say that there were things that you missed. I think there have been many members treated unfairly due to individuals with an ax to grind in leadership positions.

- Jefferson Davis

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I do know you are one of the good ones here, but even so, that doesn't say that there were things that you missed. I think there have been many members treated unfairly due to individuals with an ax to grind in leadership positions.
    I don't think any of the current moderators are intentionally treating anyone unfairly. I think they are doing the best they can to be balanced. I disagreed with some of their decisions but don't question their motives.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think any of the current moderators are intentionally treating anyone unfairly. I think they are doing the best they can to be balanced. I disagreed with some of their decisions but don't question their motives.

Balance, reminds me of my dad when I was a kid. My brothers and I would get into it and it didn't matter who started it, it didn't even matter if you weren't involved at all, we all got it. Maybe that works with kids, not adults.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (02-04-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently, I can agree with your assessment, but there have been situations in the past that sowed the seeds of resentment in which have been acted on for several members. If I was a new member here, I would tend to agree that we should not question motives, but having the privilege of seeing first hand the actions of one in particular, there was an active campaign to get rid of at least one member because they could not handle the return snark when engaged. PM me if you want the particulars.

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or that "Democrats 10 commandments" flamebait? Or any number of other threads he posted simply to start $#@!. They are mad because they liked him, not because he wasn't a troll.

I liked Bethere. He was a troll though.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Or that "Democrats 10 commandments" flamebait? Or any number of other threads he posted simply to start $#@!. They are mad because they liked him, not because he wasn't a troll.

I liked Bethere. He was a troll though.

My troll detection kit has a test. It's not a test of how pissed off a post makes you. Rather, it tests the poster. If you see someone post what think might be a troll, try to engage the OP in a discussion about it. If he engages, if he discusses it, then he's not trolling. If he instead disgresses, dissembles or disparages, he's likely a troll. You have to administer the test enough times to establish a pattern to really decide.

No doubt the 10 commandments pissed you off. But resister engaged throughout the thread. He violated rules but was not a troll imo.

Bethere disgressed, dissembled or disparaged 90% of the time.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

+ Reply to Thread