User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Might one of you more intelligent tpf members help ol Ransom out?

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,768
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,010x in 10,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might one of you more intelligent tpf members help ol Ransom out?

There are so many Members we have here, quite diverse. Who on this particular topic as I've so many questions are much more skilled and versed to explain wtf to Uncle Ransom.

The topic is this US Gymnastics doctor.....what's this Dude's name.....Nassar? First question. How in the world do you only get 175 years if you molested 265 girls?

Secondly, I understand the Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer of the US Gymnastics organizations all resigned. Hmm....I'm good with that...probably warranted as this man was a known entity. Was he not?
    But, I'm starting to smell something bad.

Next, Michigan State University.....I think the Dean or President or someone resigned....as did the head of the medical field Nassar was a member of at MSU. Suddenly, we're asking Tom Izzo the men's BB coach about Nassar.

I hear now...private gyms that this doctor was associated with are under scrutiny, others resigning, we got a Dad attacking this idiot in court and something stinks to high f'n heaven. To me.

Ain't we skipping a huge travesty here? Where are these girl's parents? And if they don't have a clue...how is the f'n Dean at MSU supposed to know?

This father isn't going to be charged with attacking Nassar in court? We're all supposed to 'understand?' How do we go forward now......should a father be sitting in court against a defendant who has murdered his child......cannot he now claim the Nassar Father defense and say I was emotionally distraught?

I smell bullshiit here....and I'm not exactly sure where it's coming from. Some Parents supposedly in the room while this was going on......are you going to tell me if this man is a known entity, why are PARENTS...not US Gymnastics....not f'n MSU University....not the private gyms Nassar provided medical advice....even allowing their children to be seen by this Dude?

These Communities are close. Gymnastics Moms...savage. Someone explain to me how the fck word isn't out...that some of these Mothers are telling their friends....hey...don't let Amy or Linda go into Nassar's office alone....or I gotta better idea.......can we bring a female doctor in to see my daughter?

This father should have attacked don't get me wrong......but 5 f'n years ago! This has been swept under the rug....and everyone now is being held accountable and it's justified.....but I'm real f'n sorry, someone has to say it......this was a colossal breakdown in parenting for these girls. I don't know if it's parents not wanting to rock the boat......I did hear one parent claiming they didn't believe their daughter......well then......how the fck is the Dean of MSU supposed to believe her daughter?

Was it competition? Was it I don't want to make waves or my child won't be the superstar? This Dad who attacked Nassar....he's a hero to many.....I smell some bullshiit about it all though.....like he attacked through a cowfield first. Ain't buying it.....no one is talking about the glaring f'n problem here in my opinion. Where are the parents?
    Last edited by Ransom; 02-08-2018 at 09:44 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

KathyS (02-10-2018),nathanbforrest45 (02-08-2018)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 980
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,495x in 2,836 Posts
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    There are so many Members we have here, quite diverse. Who on this particular topic as I've so many questions are much more skilled and versed to explain wtf to Uncle Ransom.

The topic is this US Gymnastics doctor.....what's this Dude's name.....Nassar? First question. How in the world do you only get 175 years if you molested 265 girls?

Secondly, I understand the Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer of the US Gymnastics organizations all resigned. Hmm....I'm good with that...probably warranted as this man was a known entity. Was he not?

Next, Michigan State University.....I think the Dean or President or someone resigned....as did the head of the medical field Nassar was a member of at MSU. Suddenly, we're asking Tom Izzo the men's BB coach about Nassar.

I hear now...private gyms that this doctor was associated with are under scrutiny, others resigning, we got a Dad attacking this idiot in court and something stinks to high f'n heaven. To me.

Ain't we skipping a huge travesty here? Where are these girl's parents? And if they don't have a clue...how is the f'n Dean at MSU supposed to know?

This father isn't going to be charged with attacking Nassar in court? We're all supposed to 'understand?' How do we go forward now......should a father be sitting in court against a defendant who has murdered his child......cannot he now claim the Nassar Father defense and say I was emotionally distraught?

I smell bullshiit here....and I'm not exactly sure where it's coming from. Some Parents supposedly in the room while this was going on......are you going to tell me if this man is a known entity, why are PARENTS...not US Gymnastics....not f'n MSU University....not the private gyms Nassar provided medical advice....even allowing their children to be seen by this Dude?

These Communities are close. Gymnastics Moms...savage. Someone explain to me how the fck word isn't out...that some of these Mothers are telling their friends....hey...don't let Amy or Linda go into Nassar's office alone....or I gotta better idea.......can we bring a female doctor in to see my daughter?

This father should have attacked don't get me wrong......but 5 f'n years ago! This has been swept under the rug....and everyone now is being held accountable and it's justified.....but I'm real f'n sorry, someone has to say it......this was a colossal breakdown in parenting for these girls. I don't know if it's parents not wanting to rock the boat......I did hear one parent claiming they didn't believe their daughter......well then......how the fck is the Dean of MSU supposed to believe her daughter?

Was it competition? Was it I don't want to make waves or my child won't be the superstar? This Dad who attacked Nassar....he's a hero to many.....I smell some bullshiit about it all though.....like he attacked through a cowfield first. Ain't buying it.....no one is talking about the glaring f'n problem here in my opinion. Where are the parents?
    I heard commentary during this whole drama saying exactly one of your points, that parents were afraid to confront because they worried about their kid being blackballed thereby ending their dreams of Olympic gold etc. My take on this is that most of these parents are "stage" parents in the worst sense of the word. That by no means minimizes what this scumbag did but there would appear to be some culpability on the part of parents who at the very least weren't paying too much attention.
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ripmeister For This Useful Post:

NapRover (02-08-2018)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    NapRover's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,636x in 1,083 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a cousin who adopted a little girl from overseas, who has developed into an amazing gymnast over the years. I know that she has played through some pain, as well as obviously sacrificing a great deal of pre-teen and early-teen activities most kids enjoy. If nothing else comes of this, I'm sure her parents will take a whole lot closer look into who's training, rehabbing, etc. Hopefully her coaches see how important it is to keep everything above ground and transparent going forward.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NapRover For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have thought out of 275 girls one at least would have said something to her parents about this. Were the parents complacent because they wanted their child to be an Olympic star?

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'd run his fingers into their vaginas while massaging them. How would a parent know if not told?

The 265 women is irrelevant. He wasn't charged in all those cases. His sentence wasn't based on allegations.

Do you think little girls tell stories to their parents? If you do, you're full of $#@!. They know it's not right but they are too embarrassed to say anything. No one had to say anything unless they think this is a pack of lies- you. You are the most clueless person here.
    I hope you don't have, never had and never will have a daughter. You would a know-nothing, sad sack excuse for a father. I'm a guy and I can't imagine telling my parents some adult fingered me.

There's something wrong with you.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So by not telling they allowed 274 other girls to be so treated? You're ok with that? Children tell adults all the time they have been molested. It may not always be their parents but maybe an older friend, a teacher. In this case someone finally came forward to put a stop to it.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    So by not telling they allowed 274 other girls to be so treated? You're ok with that? Children tell adults all the time they have been molested. It may not always be their parents but maybe an older friend, a teacher. In this case someone finally came forward to put a stop to it.
    Total bull$#@!. Girls don't tell about things like this very often. Grown women don't report rapes more than a third of the time. Yet, you think a child would report something. Maybe some parents ignored it but 265 didn't. Telling a friend or a teacher doesn't mean anything unless the cops are called in.

I don't know what world you live in but I'm glad it's not mine.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Total bull$#@!. Girls don't tell about things like this very often. Grown women don't report rapes more than a third of the time. Yet, you think a child would report something. Maybe some parents ignored it but 265 didn't. Telling a friend or a teacher doesn't mean anything unless the cops are called in.

I don't know what world you live in but I'm glad it's not mine.
    It doesn't make sense that a significant number of these girls wouldn't have said anything to their mothers. They would have been refusing to train, acting out. Sorry, but not all of these kids would have been in gymnastics by choice. They would have told and the sort of parent that forces their kids into competition would have assumed that they were trying to find a creative excuse to leave gymnastics. Some parents will subject their children to all manner of abuse so that they can be winners. Take the whole kiddy beauty pageant industry. Trainers in that industry use psychological abuse on these kids and their mothers/fathers just allow it to happen. Don't discount the whole parents living vicariously through their children angle to explain the wanton denial.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many of the parents didn't believe the few daughters that had the strength and courage to tell them. It is sad.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,017x in 747 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People get pretty emotionally amped up in Court. Judges deal with it in different ways, but it is almost par for the course in murder trials that something happens in the court room, the hallway, or the steps of the courthouse. I know of one case where the judge had the deputies segregate everybody into groups depending on their relation to the parties involved, positioned those groups far apart from each other in witness rooms, other courtrooms, etc. and the deputies had to escort each group off the courthouse grounds one at a time and the next group couldn't leave until the preceding group(s) were off campus.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kacper For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (02-08-2018)

+ Reply to Thread