Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The investigation of James Comey is exactly what the ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-investigation-of-james...
    The investigation of James Comey is exactly what the country needs. ... 2017. Michael R. Bromwich ... There will be an investigation of James Comey’s conduct.

He is under investigation not only for the Hatch Act but by the FBI's own OIG. Like I said. Lets us know when you catch up to reality.

IG aims to complete probe of James Comey’s handling …

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/15/ig-aims-finish...
    Nov 15, 2017 · The inspector general is looking into whether the Justice Department’s policies were followed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey when he led the probe into Mrs. Clinton’s secret email account. Mr. Comey broke with usual practice in confirming the investigation, then making a very public announcement to clear Mrs. Clinton.

Of course, you can always show us that the investigation into Comey was completed and he was cleared. How long should we wait for you to tell the truth for once in your life.
    Let me know when anything comes of it. You guys only mention it when you feel the need to discredit him, if it meant something we'd have heard by now.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    You miss or ignore my point -- it was the end of the world before it came out and then a big yawn (to them) after it came out.

From what I saw over the weekend, the D's deliberately seeded the Democratic Memo with sources and methods intentionally provoking (intending to do so) Trump (or the R's) to withhold it. He sent it back (as I understand it) telling them to take out the sources and methods. It will be released after they do so. It's predictable that the press will champion the D's and the D's will all crow that theirs is correct -- you heard it here first.

The bottom line to me is that something is rotten in DC. Actually, there's a lot rotten in DC. I'm a law and rights guy. I think you know that. Yours and mine, equally. People I like and people I despise. This dossier thingy is dirty. This Obama justice department was weaponized and dirty. The FISA Court may have been played for political gain and trampled on rights. If HRC had won, it'd all have been forgotten. Now, the press and the D's run interference. I want it all out. All of it. Good. Bad. Indifferent. I understand that you don't agree (or can't /won't admit that you agree). I have said for years that The Obama Administration would be seen as one of the most corrupt in history when the smoke clears. This is part of the smoke clearing, in my eyes. Again, I understand that you don't agree (or can't /won't admit that you agree).
    I do not miss or ignore your point, as I said, that's pretty normal DC spin stuff.

You assume that's what the democrats did because it paints them in the worst light. Neither one of us actually knows what's in there and saying the Democrats deliberately made it unreleasable after the republicans unanimously approved it for release is pretty much conspiracy theory stuff unless the republicans on the committee are just stupid.

The rest of your post is your personal opinion which I respectfully disagree with.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 2,767
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,078x in 14,371 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Actually no, they only do that if you listen to the limited number of RW media outlets and Devin Nunes himself, who is an obvious water carrier for the *president* and has no credibility.
    The texts, every time you look at the context, turnout to be perfectly innocuous. Remember, first they showed bias from the whole FBI until they didn't. Then they pointed to a "secret society" until they didn't. Now they show Obama's personal involvement in the clinton investigation, except they don't. They mean nothing except that two people were disaffected with candidate and *president* trump.
    It's time to put down those buckets and look around.
    Here is where I am going to agree with you, at least a little bit. There is starting to be, through emails, phone calls and Text messages enough evidence that Lynch, Comey, and at least Bill Clinton, were not being truthful in the investigation of Hillary, Classified information and the missing emails. I am not saying that Hillary was guilty of anything that was illegal, but she was more carless than we were led to believe.

But on the Trump investigation, it is clear that at least these 2 that were texting back and forth were doing every thing in there power to make things hard for President Elect Trump, and at the same time they had some allies in the DOJ, and FBI.

It is not clear that those allies knew they were being used, but we should at least be able to agree that our little Love Birds were up to no good.

We also know that there was very, very little evidence that Trump was in contact with the Russians Before he was elected, we know that the Dossier and the news reporting about the dossier was the major factor in the FISA warrant. and that without the use of this political hit piece, there was not enough evidence

So we need to get the other cards on the table in the Trump investigation. And at the very least have some oversight put to the Hillary investigation that may or may not have covered up evidence.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope.
    Actually YES

At least by congressional committees, It is likely that we will see a second special prosecutor. I am Guessing this is shy Gowdey is stepping down.

He would be a terror on those that were corrupt, and in an interview he said that he was going back into prosecution.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (02-12-2018),MMC (02-12-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,062x in 24,886 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not miss or ignore your point, as I said, that's pretty normal DC spin stuff.
    It's not "pretty normal DC spin stuff" to say we are going to have a constitutional crisis if this thing is release - and some of the other adjectives that were thrown around. That's pretty extreme and points to the level of distrust and hatred in DC today.

You assume that's what the democrats did because it paints them in the worst light. Neither one of us actually knows what's in there and saying the Democrats deliberately made it unreleasable after the republicans unanimously approved it for release is pretty much conspiracy theory stuff unless the republicans on the committee are just stupid.
    True, but I think the D's are masters at it and took the clearness of their conduct at face value. The R's are spineless and didn't step up and stop the D's from releasing what has been called methods and sources. Trump isn't and did.

The rest of your post is your personal opinion which I respectfully disagree with.
    It's not just my opinion, it's my conclusions based on my observations. Your right to disagree? You have every right to do so.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-12-2018),Grokmaster (02-12-2018),stjames1_53 (02-12-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know when anything comes of it. You guys only mention it when you feel the need to discredit him, if it meant something we'd have heard by now.

Oh now let you know what comes of it. That says it all. Which means you can't come up with anything showing Comey was cleared from any investigation.

OIG report will be coming out soon. According to those in the Lame Stream. It isn't looking good for your kind.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-12-2018),Grokmaster (02-12-2018),stjames1_53 (02-12-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first is just normal DC spin stuff. Second, the republicans unanimously cleared the democratic memo for release. Third, Trump released the republican memo over the vociferous objections of the FBI and DOJ, we aren't talking about quiet little notes but loudly and publicly voiced objections. So what's the holdup?
    He also promised to release this one when the tactics and sources were removed. It does not sound like they have to do much, He said just a few little things.

It is likely that the Democrats will not move to change those, they needed this held up. When you have a 10 page memo about a 4 page memo?????? We there is likely some story telling going on.

But that is logic. The Democrats want to come at this from the point of view that Hillary is innocent because we say so, and Trump is guilty because we say so.

Any facts that do not support that, you and your fellow Democrats dismiss.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (02-12-2018),MMC (02-12-2018)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first is just normal DC spin stuff. Second, the republicans unanimously cleared the democratic memo for release. Third, Trump released the republican memo over the vociferous objections of the FBI and DOJ, we aren't talking about quiet little notes but loudly and publicly voiced objections. So what's the holdup?
    Crepitus you are all for it when the democrats stick it to republicans, what the hell makes you think that the left is immune to the same thing. Know whats the perfect example

Harry Reid used the nuclear option, he was told by republicans that if you do down the road you would regret it. Regret it the democrats, playing dirty pool isnt just for democrats
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-12-2018)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh

I thought you meant we were gonna finally investigate that weasel. It's obvious to to me that Devin Nunes is nothing more than Trump's puppet.
    Lol, that's due to your partisan blinders. Last time you didn't like Nunes exposing Dem corruption, you tried to take him out with an ethics violation. But he was cleared of that bogus, contrived charge. Much to your chagrin I'm sure.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-12-2018),Grokmaster (02-12-2018),MMC (02-12-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at what we know, just his words under oath that were in direct conflict with his emails, and text messages, Just that should cause suspicion.

But there is much more. While I agree we do not have all of the evidence so it could be harmless, it is clear that there is enough evidence in his communications to cause anyone that is interested in the Truth to want further information at the very least.

But the Democrats don't want that, they want it stopped and to move back toward everyone believing that the lies in the dossier are actually true.

The funny part is the majority of the nation has left there side, But mid terms are about the base and turn out. the Democrats are betting that there base will be enough.

I suspect that there lack of regard for the truth and open support of what we now know are lies, will cause a large turn out on the right.

If this is not enough to really motivate their base, they will loose seats in the mid term. which really happens

I am actually going to say that if they continue down this path of cover up and dishonesty, that the GOP will pick up 3 Senate Seats and 8 in the house.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (02-12-2018)

+ Reply to Thread