User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Vic Damone Passed

  1. #11
    Points: 5,766, Level: 18
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Kacper's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1023
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,404
    Points
    5,766
    Level
    18
    Thanks Given
    495
    Thanked 1,013x in 745 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I never thought he looked like a creepy old dude or a monster movie villain! Back then there wasn't a fraction of the TV programming we have today. The Ed Sullivan show was a really big deal - a "really big shoe ... er show". The whole family gathered in front of the TV. Hundreds if not thousands of eventually famous artists got their start on that show. It was a ticket to success.
    Way before my time. I just see him at the beginning of beatles youtubes from time to time. I have been to see Letterman in that theater though. The acoustics are freaking amazing. While I have never liked Paul Shaffer's performances on TV, they sound 1000 times better live in that theater. Absolute crystal clear and perfect.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kacper For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (02-13-2018)

  3. #12
    Points: 49,613, Level: 54
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,037
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    242345
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,724
    Points
    49,613
    Level
    54
    Thanks Given
    9,670
    Thanked 5,199x in 3,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I never thought he looked like a creepy old dude or a monster movie villain! Back then there wasn't a fraction of the TV programming we have today. The Ed Sullivan show was a really big deal - a "really big shoe ... er show". The whole family gathered in front of the TV. Hundreds if not thousands of eventually famous artists got their start on that show. It was a ticket to success.
    "Back then" yall were seeing a black&white screen. Lol
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

  4. #13
    Points: 102,576, Level: 78
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,674
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    857229
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    42,446
    Points
    102,576
    Level
    78
    Thanks Given
    23,244
    Thanked 20,485x in 13,990 Posts
    Mentioned
    1164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvereyes View Post
    "Back then" yall were seeing a black&white screen. Lol
    Yup. Afraid so. We also had dial phones, could do math in our heads and could write in cursive. Kids played outside with other kids in the sun and weren't often fat and most of the time were nowhere near the house, but they showed up at meal times. They were almost never kidnapped and they walked to school every day unless they lived in the boondocks where there was one school every 20 miles. It didn't take much to amuse us back then.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #14
    Points: 49,613, Level: 54
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,037
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    242345
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17,724
    Points
    49,613
    Level
    54
    Thanks Given
    9,670
    Thanked 5,199x in 3,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Yup. Afraid so. We also had dial phones, could do math in our heads and could write in cursive. Kids played outside with other kids in the sun and weren't often fat and most of the time were nowhere near the house, but they showed up at meal times. They were almost never kidnapped and they walked to school every day unless they lived in the boondocks where there was one school every 20 miles. It didn't take much to amuse us back then.
    Im sorta there. Oooook. Crap. I AM there.
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to silvereyes For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (02-14-2018)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO