Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,578x in 26,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Meh, Ethereal has been dumping on the US for years. Despite the fact that he served. He thinks were suppose to be perfect and so Righteous that we should allow others to roll over our allies and our own people.

Break out the celebration when you see his ass stick up for the US. Oh and let me know too.
    The US government oversees an empire of lies, corruption, and hypocrisy. Why would I show them anything other than disdain?
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Kook alert.
    Well that does define those that always talk $#@! about the US.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The US government oversees an empire of lies, corruption, and hypocrisy. Why would I show them anything other than disdain?

Because you don't have the capacity to figure out what the US does that is good. Which is why you never talk about what they do that is good. I wouldn't expect you to show anything but disdain, disrespect, and a hatred for the US.

Oh and just because you served. Don't mean much. I know plenty that joined that just needed a job. Did their little time and moved on real quick like.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because you don't have the capacity to figure out what the US does that is good. Which is why you never talk about what they do that is good. I wouldn't expect you to show anything but disdain, disrespect, and a hatred for the US.

Oh and just because you served. Don't mean much. I know plenty that joined that just needed a job. Did their little time and moved on real quick like.
    The US is a decaying empire, much like western Rome was near the end of its hegemony. Like many Americans, you choose to live in denial and cling to comforting mythologies about the nobility of the empire's machinations. I won't waste my time trying to disabuse you of these soothing notions. People in your age group are, generally speaking, hopeless. It's on the younger generations to make things right.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US is a decaying empire, much like western Rome was near the end of its hegemony. Like many Americans, you choose to live in denial and cling to comforting mythologies about the nobility of the empire's machinations. I won't waste my time trying to disabuse you of these soothing notions. People in your age group are, generally speaking, hopeless. It's on the younger generations to make things right.

Yeah the US is decaying give or take another 100- 150 years. What your kind can't figure out is. All empires do come to an ending. That's how it was set up for mankind.

Oh its not just nobility. Of course you don't have enough smart powers to know what it takes to run an empire and certainly not one off the capitalistic model.

So there is no way in this life or any other that you can disabuse me. While you play checkers.....I'm playing 9D chess. Reading a book, Watching a movie, and still cleaning $#@! up around the house. Oh and posting on a couple of political sites. Dealing with your kind and those Globalists. Along with the enemy from within. That you barely notice.

Question....Did you talk all that anti US bull$#@! when you were in the field?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the US is decaying give or take another 100- 150 years. What your kind can't figure out is. All empires do come to an ending. That's how it was set up for mankind.
    The inevitable collapse of empire is precisely why I oppose them. It's why the founders established a republic instead of an empire, because they wanted a system of government that would actually last.

Oh its not just nobility. Of course you don't have enough smart powers to know what it takes to run an empire and certainly not one off the capitalistic model.
    I know exactly what it takes: Corruption, hypocrisy, and an endless supply of lies.

So there is no way in this life or any other that you can disabuse me. While you play checkers.....I'm playing 9D chess. Reading a book, Watching a movie, and still cleaning $#@! up around the house. Oh and posting on a couple of political sites. Dealing with your kind and those Globalists. Along with the enemy from within. That you barely notice.
    The globalists love guys like you. The US empire is their creation and their most prized possession.

Question....Did you talk all that anti US bull$#@! when you were in the field?
    Define "anti-US".
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inevitable collapse of empire is precisely why I oppose them. It's why the founders established a republic instead of an empire, because they wanted a system of government that would actually last.

Yet you haven't figured out that NO Republic would last forever. That no System of government can last forever.

I know exactly what it takes: Corruption, hypocrisy, and an endless supply of lies.

Obviously you don't know.....that why you missed alliances, doing whats Right, telling some truths, giving out facts, building strengths, and setting examples.

The globalists love guys like you. The US empire is their creation and their most prized possession.

Well they certainly don't luv me.....as I give them the blues. Kinda like I do with the political left. If there is one thing they hate more than Trump. Its me.

Define "anti-US".

Anti-Americanism

Anti-Americanism, anti-American sentiment, or sometimes Americanophobia,[1] is dislike of or opposition to the governmental policies of the United States, especially regarding the foreign policy, or the American people in general.

French scholar Marie-France Toinet says use of the term anti-Americanism "is only fully justified if it implies systematic opposition – a sort of allergic reaction – to America as a whole".

Negative views of the United States are generally strongest in the Muslim world, China, former Soviet countries, certain European nations,[6][7] and North Korea, and weakest in Sub-Saharan Africa and most parts of Southeast Asia

In the online Oxford Dictionary the term "anti-American" is defined as "hostile to the interests of the United States".[8]

In the first edition of Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language (1828) the term "anti-American" was defined as "opposed to America, or to the true interests or government of the United States; opposed to the revolution in America".[9] In France the use of the noun form 'antiaméricanisme' has been catalogued from 1948,[10] entering ordinary political language in the 1950s.[11]

Interpretations of anti-Americanism have often been polarized. Anti-Americanism has been described by Hungarian-born American sociologist Paul Hollander as "a relentless critical impulse toward American social, economic, and political institutions, traditions, and values.

The concept "anti-American" is an interesting one. The counterpart is used only in totalitarian states or military dictatorships... Thus, in the old Soviet Union, dissidents were condemned as "anti-Soviet". That's a natural usage among people with deeply rooted totalitarian instincts, which identify state policy with the society, the people, the culture. In contrast, people with even the slightest concept of democracy treat such notions with ridicule and contempt.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Americanism

That which you do.....did you need more defining?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anti-Americanism
    Yes, you are very anti-American. But there is no need to self-identify like that. Your disdain for America's founding ideals is apparent.

Anti-Americanism, anti-American sentiment, or sometimes Americanophobia,[1] is dislike of or opposition to the governmental policies of the United States, especially regarding the foreign policy, or the American people in general.

French scholar Marie-France Toinet says use of the term anti-Americanism "is only fully justified if it implies systematic opposition – a sort of allergic reaction – to America as a whole".

Negative views of the United States are generally strongest in the Muslim world, China, former Soviet countries, certain European nations,[6][7] and North Korea, and weakest in Sub-Saharan Africa and most parts of Southeast Asia

In the online Oxford Dictionary the term "anti-American" is defined as "hostile to the interests of the United States".[8]

In the first edition of Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language (1828) the term "anti-American" was defined as "opposed to America, or to the true interests or government of the United States; opposed to the revolution in America".[9] In France the use of the noun form 'antiaméricanisme' has been catalogued from 1948,[10] entering ordinary political language in the 1950s.[11]

Interpretations of anti-Americanism have often been polarized. Anti-Americanism has been described by Hungarian-born American sociologist Paul Hollander as "a relentless critical impulse toward American social, economic, and political institutions, traditions, and values.

The concept "anti-American" is an interesting one. The counterpart is used only in totalitarian states or military dictatorships... Thus, in the old Soviet Union, dissidents were condemned as "anti-Soviet". That's a natural usage among people with deeply rooted totalitarian instincts, which identify state policy with the society, the people, the culture. In contrast, people with even the slightest concept of democracy treat such notions with ridicule and contempt.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Americanism

That which you do.....did you need more defining?
    This definition is asinine.

Opposition to US government policy is not "anti-Americanism". In fact, equating society with government is one of the most anti-American things I can think of. Thomas Paine, founding father and author of Common Sense, made a clear distinction between society and government, a distinction that ALL the founders asserted aggressively in their fight for independence.

Some writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins.
    --Thomas Paine
    Yes, you truly are anti-American.

P.S. - If you want me to respond to your points, then you need to learn how to properly format your posts. Maybe worry less about coloring and bolding your text and more about simple but effective communication.
    --John Adams

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (02-14-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If being opposed to US government policy makes one anti-American, then anyone who opposes any government policy is anti-American, which would include everyone on this forum.

Yes, your definition is exceedingly asinine. It's a wonder you did not see that right away.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cannons Front's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,150x in 2,896 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The warped way the younger generation is coming out of the education system leaves little hope that they can make things right......
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cannons Front For This Useful Post:

MMC (02-14-2018),Tahuyaman (02-14-2018)

+ Reply to Thread