User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Virginia Father Makes His 'Bully' Son Run to School When Kicked of School Bus

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virginia Father Makes His 'Bully' Son Run to School When Kicked of School Bus

A Virginia father came up with an unconventional way to punish his son who was kicked off the school bus for three days after being a “little bully.”Bryan Thornhill, of Roanoke, posted a video on Facebook of his 10-year-old son running a mile to school in the rain as he drove slowly behind him. The video — which has been viewed over 22 million times — has since been deleted from his Facebook page.“My son has finally gotten in trouble on the bus enough to where he got actually kicked off the bus for three days because he was being a little bully, which I do not tolerate,” Thornhill said in the video. http://people.com/human-interest/vir...on-run-school/
    https://www.facebook.com/WarriorCode...4412494711630/

So - I don't really have a problem with the punishment. I'm not sure that shaming his kid in public was the best idea. What do you think?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/WarriorCode...4412494711630/

So - I don't really have a problem with the punishment. I'm not sure that shaming his kid in public was the best idea. What do you think?
    Probably not, but at least he most likely broke the kids "bullying spirit" since now all of his peers will most likely be laughing at him. I would like to add that it might behoove the parents of the bully to seek perhaps some counseling for their son to find out why he is so aggressive with other children. Better to nip it in the bud at an early age before it really gets out of hand.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Probably not, but at least he most likely broke the kids "bullying spirit" since now all of his peers will most likely be laughing at him. I would like to add that it might behoove the parents of the bully to seek perhaps some counseling for their son to find out why he is so aggressive with other children. Better to nip it in the bud at an early age before it really gets out of hand.
    Agree. It's possible that he's taking his cue from something at home and sometimes parents are oblivious to their own contribution.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

gamewell45 (03-07-2018)

+ Reply to Thread