User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: DeVos gets cold shoulder from White House after interviews

  1. #21
    Points: 134,774, Level: 88
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294366
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    32,783
    Points
    134,774
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    10,156
    Thanked 9,336x in 7,532 Posts
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Oh really? "Bought and paid for" by whom?
    You're kidding right? Derp - by the DeVos family, warmongering felon brother Erik Prince included.

    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/de...contributions/

    “My family is the largest single contributor of soft money to the national Republican Party. I have decided to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence. Now I simply concede the point. They are right.” -Betsy DeVos, 1997 op-ed

    https://thoughtcatalog.com/daniel-ha...tion-position/

    Need more?

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...sition-w465578
    Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

  2. #22
    Original Ranter
    Points: 463,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    413179
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    141,941
    Points
    463,748
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    81,719
    Thanked 64,152x in 43,836 Posts
    Mentioned
    2153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric Prince is a patriot. What have you done for the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    You're kidding right? Derp - by the DeVos family, warmongering felon brother Erik Prince included.

    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/de...contributions/

    “My family is the largest single contributor of soft money to the national Republican Party. I have decided to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence. Now I simply concede the point. They are right.” -Betsy DeVos, 1997 op-ed

    https://thoughtcatalog.com/daniel-ha...tion-position/

    Need more?

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...sition-w465578
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  3. #23
    Points: 134,774, Level: 88
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294366
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    32,783
    Points
    134,774
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    10,156
    Thanked 9,336x in 7,532 Posts
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Eric Prince is a patriot. What have you done for the US?
    Where is my "Funny" button?


    WASHINGTON — The private security company formerly called Blackwater Worldwide, long plagued by accusations of impropriety, has reached an agreement with the State Department for the company to pay $42 million in fines for hundreds of violations of United States export control regulations.

    The violations included illegal weapons exports to Afghanistan, making unauthorized proposals to train troops in south Sudan and providing sniper training for Taiwanese police officers, according to company and government officials familiar with the deal.

    The settlement, which has not yet been publicly announced, follows lengthy talks between Blackwater, now called Xe Services, and the State Department that dealt with the violations as an administrative matter, allowing the firm to avoid criminal charges. A company spokeswoman confirmed Friday that a settlement had been reached. The State Department spokesman, Philip J. Crowley, said he could not immediately comment.

    The settlement with the State Department does not resolve other legal troubles still facing Blackwater and its former executives and other personnel. Those include the indictments of five former executives, including Blackwater’s former president, on weapons and obstruction charges; a federal investigation into evidence that Blackwater officials sought to bribe Iraqi government officials; and the arrest of two former Blackwater guards on federal murder charges stemming from the killing of two Afghans last year.
    Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

  4. #24
    Points: 94,761, Level: 75
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,589
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2612116
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    41,108
    Points
    94,761
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    19,457
    Thanked 18,596x in 12,573 Posts
    Mentioned
    927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Where is my "Funny" button?


    WASHINGTON — The private security company formerly called Blackwater Worldwide, long plagued by accusations of impropriety, has reached an agreement with the State Department for the company to pay $42 million in fines for hundreds of violations of United States export control regulations.

    The violations included illegal weapons exports to Afghanistan, making unauthorized proposals to train troops in south Sudan and providing sniper training for Taiwanese police officers, according to company and government officials familiar with the deal.

    The settlement, which has not yet been publicly announced, follows lengthy talks between Blackwater, now called Xe Services, and the State Department that dealt with the violations as an administrative matter, allowing the firm to avoid criminal charges. A company spokeswoman confirmed Friday that a settlement had been reached. The State Department spokesman, Philip J. Crowley, said he could not immediately comment.

    The settlement with the State Department does not resolve other legal troubles still facing Blackwater and its former executives and other personnel. Those include the indictments of five former executives, including Blackwater’s former president, on weapons and obstruction charges; a federal investigation into evidence that Blackwater officials sought to bribe Iraqi government officials; and the arrest of two former Blackwater guards on federal murder charges stemming from the killing of two Afghans last year.
    You think facts matter? Really?
    Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don't like what I post, ignore me. I'll post what I want, when I want, and where I want, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it.

    - GA

  5. #25
    Points: 134,774, Level: 88
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294366
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    32,783
    Points
    134,774
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    10,156
    Thanked 9,336x in 7,532 Posts
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    You think facts matter? Really?
    Not to Pete I guess - Erik is no Patriot .. he grabbed Uncle Sam by the balls and yanked hard.
    Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

  6. #26
    Original Ranter
    Points: 463,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    413179
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    141,941
    Points
    463,748
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    81,719
    Thanked 64,152x in 43,836 Posts
    Mentioned
    2153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't change my opinion of him. Blackwater likely had CIA sanction to do all of that stuff. And crimes committed by employees can hardly make Eric the evil person you hysterically claim he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Where is my "Funny" button?


    WASHINGTON — The private security company formerly called Blackwater Worldwide, long plagued by accusations of impropriety, has reached an agreement with the State Department for the company to pay $42 million in fines for hundreds of violations of United States export control regulations.

    The violations included illegal weapons exports to Afghanistan, making unauthorized proposals to train troops in south Sudan and providing sniper training for Taiwanese police officers, according to company and government officials familiar with the deal.

    The settlement, which has not yet been publicly announced, follows lengthy talks between Blackwater, now called Xe Services, and the State Department that dealt with the violations as an administrative matter, allowing the firm to avoid criminal charges. A company spokeswoman confirmed Friday that a settlement had been reached. The State Department spokesman, Philip J. Crowley, said he could not immediately comment.

    The settlement with the State Department does not resolve other legal troubles still facing Blackwater and its former executives and other personnel. Those include the indictments of five former executives, including Blackwater’s former president, on weapons and obstruction charges; a federal investigation into evidence that Blackwater officials sought to bribe Iraqi government officials; and the arrest of two former Blackwater guards on federal murder charges stemming from the killing of two Afghans last year.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  7. #27
    Points: 134,774, Level: 88
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294366
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    32,783
    Points
    134,774
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    10,156
    Thanked 9,336x in 7,532 Posts
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    That doesn't change my opinion of him. Blackwater likely had CIA sanction to do all of that stuff. And crimes committed by employees can hardly make Eric the evil person you hysterically claim he is.
    Oh he was DIRECTLY involved in that crap Pete - it's why he left the company in shame and they changed their name.

    https://www.thenation.com/article/bl...icated-murder/
    Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

  8. #28
    Original Ranter
    Points: 463,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    413179
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    141,941
    Points
    463,748
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    81,719
    Thanked 64,152x in 43,836 Posts
    Mentioned
    2153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Oh he was DIRECTLY involved in that crap Pete - it's why he left the company in shame and they changed their name.

    https://www.thenation.com/article/bl...icated-murder/
    And yet he now lives and works in the Middle East.

    Sworn statements filed in Federal Court allege that Blackwater founder Erik Prince launched a “crusade” to eliminate Muslims and Islam.
    Based on what Prince and Blackwater has done, it seems they never kicked off the plan to eliminate Muslims.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  9. #29
    Points: 134,774, Level: 88
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294366
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    32,783
    Points
    134,774
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    10,156
    Thanked 9,336x in 7,532 Posts
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    And yet he now lives and works in the Middle East.

    Based on what Prince and Blackwater has done, it seems they never kicked off the plan to eliminate Muslims.
    He's probably still working on his horrible plan to sell Trump and the Afghan's on mercenaries.

    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...garbage-215563
    Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

  10. #30
    Original Ranter
    Points: 463,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    413179
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    141,941
    Points
    463,748
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    81,719
    Thanked 64,152x in 43,836 Posts
    Mentioned
    2153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    He's probably still working on his horrible plan to sell Trump and the Afghan's on mercenaries.

    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...garbage-215563
    I actually think the UN should certify private military companies to be licensed, vetted, and available for use in hot spots nation-states don't want to waste their soldiers in. Somalia comes to mind. So far as Afghanistan goes, the US should leave and monitor for terrorist activity.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO