Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,293x in 4,922 Posts
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Keto Diet

I had been trying small things over the past couple years to combat an ever growing belly, but kept loosing motivation, or getting caught up in other things. Well, three weeks ago yesterday, I finally decided on drastic measures. Mind you, I started it right in the middle of an unexpected busy stretch at work, which helped on the exercise part (swimming in several pools each day), but it has died back down now for a few weeks, and I am getting back into planks and the ab roller.

I am 40 years old and 6”4, so normal is between 151 and 201 lbs. I was at 230, with a goal of 160-165. As of tonight, I am down to 207 (and holding for the past 2 days) and have lost 2 1/2 inches from my belly.

As far as diet, I have completely cut out soda (I drank way too much of it) and any other sugary drinks. Just water, lemon water and unsweetened tea. I cut out all potatoes, rice, bread and pasta. Instead, I have been eating a lot of chicken breast, tuna, eggs and plenty of fresh veggies. It took a bit of getting used to, and admittedly I have had a few spells of being lightheaded, or lacking motivation ( not energy, just getting started on things), but I am figuring out how to fix that within the diet. I am also proud that I have not cheated, nor even once.

Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone else has tried the Keto diet, which is basically what I am doing, and how it worked for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravens Fan For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-13-2018)