Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

United Air lines flies dog going to kansas to Japan

This is the same airlines that an owner was forced to put her puppy in the top bin and the dog suffocated
    Airlines need to be held accountable and start paying for their mistakes and lousy customer service

NOT AGAIN! United Airlines Mistakenly Flies Kansas-Bound German Shepherd to Japan

This has been one doggone awful week for United Airlines.
    On Monday, a French bulldog died in an overhead bin on a United flight after a flight attendant told its owners to put it there.
    The next day, passenger Kara Swindle went to collect her family’s German Shepherd, Irgo, at a United cargo facility in Kansas City. Her family, she said, was completing their move from Oregon to Wichita.
    But Irgo wasn’t there.
    Irgo was in Japan.
    Because United accidentally put him on a flight to Tokyo.
    In the pup’s place was a Great Dane that United was supposed to have sent to Japan.
    Swindle said that she didn’t find out until 2:30 a.m. where Irgo was. That’s when his flight landed in Japan.
    “This has just all been a whirlwind,” Swindle told CNN.
    She added that Irgo hadn’t eaten or drank anything for the duration of the 16-plus hours flight, and that he missed three days worth of medication for an ear infection. Presumably the medication won’t be available until he gets home.
    United released a statement apologizing for the mix-up, explaining that it occurred when the two dogs were being placed on connecting flights in Denver.
    "We have notified our customers that their pets have arrived safely and will arrange to return the pets to them as soon as possible. We apologize for this mistake and are following up with the vendor kennel where they were kept overnight to understand what happened," United’s statement read in part.
    On Thursday, United was set to fly Irgo on a private charter from Tokyo to Wichita. Maybe this dog will have its day, after all.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28321...s-jared-sichel
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,150
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,270x in 12,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The owner should be thankful that her dog went to Japan and not South Korea.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-16-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the way, I don't see a thread about the puppy who died in the overhead, but I've been listening to stories about it on the news and getting mad all over again whenever I do. The idiot stewardess - sorry, idiot flight attendant - is reportedly now lying and saying that she "didn't know there was a dog in the bag". (It was an airline-approved pet carrier, and the puppy could be heard in the cabin barking for two hours.)

I guess what I really don't understand is why the owners or some other passenger didn't stand up to the stewardess, take the dog out of the overhead, place it under the seat where it was designed to go and say to her, "You should be thanking me...I'm saving your job". Defiance of "authority" in a situation like that is absolutely called for. Personally, I'd have gladly gone to jail upon landing for doing something like that. Life is too short - particularly if you're a dog flying on United, apparently - to meekly comply with every petty tyrant and moron one encounters.

I've heard that of the 24 pets who died on U.S. airliners last year, 18 of them were on United planes. Unbelievable!
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Max Rockatansky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fail to see why a dog in the overhead would die. It's not airtight. There's more room up there than under the seat.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,402x in 27,956 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I traveled frequently I overheard the woman ahead of me tell the baggage checker, "Now I want this bag to go to Dublin, Ireland and this one can go to Berlin, Germany." The woman behind the counter said, "I am sorry ma'am. We can't send your bags to Dublin and Berlin. They must be sent to the same destination that is on your ticket." The woman ahead of me said, "Oh! I am so glad to hear that because that is exactly where you sent those two bags the last time I flew with you."
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Max Rockatansky (03-16-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky View Post
    I fail to see why a dog in the overhead would die. It's not airtight. There's more room up there than under the seat.
    Perhaps not technically airtight, but certainly there would have been a very limited supply of oxygen in there and zero circulation, plus the puppy was in a small carrier. The stress and fear would have increased its heart rate and respiration, causing it to use up the limited supply of oxygen even faster.

Add to all that the fact that this was a French bulldog - one of those breeds designed to have a shmushed-in little face, and which typically have breathing problems, anyway.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../in_cabin.aspx

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,672x in 25,187 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do these things happen...? Why didn't its owner or another passenger stand up?

R.I.P. Maggie Mae Von Tressel National Championship Buckeye Dog (P1 and P2 named her, not me -- in a thinly veiled attempt to get me to keep her in 03, after Tressel's 01/03 OSU National Championship win)

Attachment 23030

Attachment 23029
    Last edited by DGUtley; 03-16-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    How do these things happen...? Why didn't its owner or another passenger stand up?
    People afraid of getting in trouble for "interfering with a flight crew" would be my guess. Let's face it - some flight crews are just begging to be interfered with. This is a situation where, as I said before, I would have absolutely taken action, somebody else's dog or not, and dared that [expletive deleted] to do anything about it.

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,672x in 25,187 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    People afraid of getting in trouble for "interfering with a flight crew" would be my guess. Let's face it - some flight crews are just begging to be interfered with. This is a situation where, as I said before, I would have absolutely taken action, somebody else's dog or not, and dared that [expletive deleted] to do anything about it.
    I have no doubt that you would've; and, rightly so.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Max Rockatansky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Perhaps not technically airtight, but certainly there would have been a very limited supply of oxygen in there and zero circulation, plus the puppy was in a small carrier. The stress and fear would have increased its heart rate and respiration, causing it to use up the limited supply of oxygen even faster.

Add to all that the fact that this was a French bulldog - one of those breeds designed to have a shmushed-in little face, and which typically have breathing problems, anyway.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../in_cabin.aspx
    People claim to love their pets as family members, but take convenience over safety when transporting them. A French bulldog is full grown between 9-12 months. This one was probably average in size; 10-12 inches tall, 20-28 pounds. At best, the maximum recommended size for carrying in the cabin for several hours without vet-approved medication (tranquilizers) but probably too big given the results. The main restriction is the size of the carrier. Since this dog was at or larger than the maximum size of carriers, he was in there pretty tight.

https://www.dogcollarsboutique.com/I...nes-sp-43.html

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...es_trains.html

+ Reply to Thread