Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    What, exactly, is your definition of "culturally advanced"?

Does it require taking in the opera and/or the ballet?

Note: I live in a town of only about 130,000; and I do not consider myself to be thereby culturally disadvantaged, according to my own definition of the matter.
    I'd like to know the answer too. It's funny how snobs try to hide their snobbery. They'll $#@! and moan about rednecks then clink glasses of expensive French chardonnay over the plight of Native Americans...despite the fact Native American culture is as redneck as you can get...and I'm not making a joke about redskins.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Rockatansky For This Useful Post:

pjohns (03-24-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,573x in 36,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky View Post
    Yet clearly you have chosen the latter option. Why?
    I have no idea what you;re talking about, Max. You have a habit of making things up as you go along. You consistently employ straw man arguments.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's trying to avoid mentioning Stalin's purges and the murders of 39 million Russians or the atrocities of the Germans beginning with Guernica just so he can slam the United States. He also trying really, really hard for everyone to forget that it was the Brits who favored night, wide area attacks and it was the Americans who favored daylight precision bombing with a consequential much greater loss of aircrews.

http://pippaettore.com/Horrific_WWII_Statistics.html

Almost 1,000 Army planes disappeared en route from the US to foreign locations. But an eye-watering 43,581 aircraft were lost overseas including 22,948 on combat missions (18,418 against the Western Axis) and 20,633 attributed to non-combat causes overseas.

In a single 376 plane raid in August 1943, 60 B-17s were shot down. That was a 16 percent loss rate and meant 600 empty bunks in England .. In 1942-43 it was statistically impossible for bomber crews to complete a 25-mission tour in Europe .

Pacific theatre losses were far less (4,530 in combat) owing to smaller forces committed.. The worst B-29 mission, against Tokyo on May 25, 1945, cost 26 Superfortresses, 5.6 percent of the 464 dispatched from the Marianas..

On average, 6,600 American servicemen died per month during WWII, about 220 a day. By the end of the war, over 40,000 airmen were killed in combat theatres and another 18,000 wounded. Some 12,000 missing men were declared dead, including a number "liberated" by the Soviets but never returned. More than 41,000 were captured, half of the 5,400 held by the Japanese died in captivity, compared with one-tenth in German hands. Total combat casualties were pegged at 121,867.

US manpower made up the deficit. The AAF's peak strength was reached in 1944 with 2,372,000 personnel, nearly twice the previous year's figure.

The losses were huge---but so were production totals. From 1941 through 1945, American industry deliveredmore than 276,000 military aircraft. That number was enough not only for US Army, Navy and Marine Corps, but for allies as diverse as Britain, Australia, China and Russia. In fact, from 1943 onward, America produced more planes than Britain and Russia combined. And more than Germany and Japan together 1941-45.

However, our enemies took massive losses. Through much of 1944, the Luftwaffe sustained uncontrolled hemorrhaging, reaching 25 percent of aircrews and 40 planes a month. And in late 1944 into 1945, nearly half the pilots in Japanese squadrons had flown fewer than 200 hours. The disparity of two years before had been completely reversed.
    US bombers incinerated German civilians and did so purposely. US bombers and Us bombers alone incinerated Japanese civilians.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Max Rockatansky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    US bombers incinerated German civilians and did so purposely. US bombers and Us bombers alone incinerated Japanese civilians.
    Your hate for the United States is clear. Yes, that happened, but you fail to mention the US did what it could to minimize civilian casualties while the Germans, Japanese and even the Brits took more effort to protect their own and kill anyone who opposed them. Why do you fail to take WWII into perspective? Into context? Why do you simply love blasting the USA as murdering $#@!s committing atrocities all over the world?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Rockatansky For This Useful Post:

pjohns (03-24-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what you;re talking about, Max. You have a habit of making things up as you go along. You consistently employ straw man arguments.
    What things do you claim I'm making up? What straw man arguments are you claiming I'm making?

This isn't the first time you've rushed in to defend your friend Ethereal, but I'm curious about why you do.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your hate for the United States is clear. Yes, that happened, but you fail to mention the US did what it could to minimize civilian casualties while the Germans, Japanese and even the Brits took more effort to protect their own and kill anyone who opposed them. Why do you fail to take WWII into perspective? Into context? Why do you simply love blasting the USA as murdering $#@!s committing atrocities all over the world?
    lol "Yes, that happened" ends our argument. Now we might want to know why you feel compelled to justify the wholesale butchery of civilian populations? What kind of person would do that?

See I can do that too, max.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What things do you claim I'm making up? What straw man arguments are you claiming I'm making?

This isn't the first time you've rushed in to defend your friend Ethereal, but I'm curious about why you do.
    You also have a habit of playing stupid, Max. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Why do you do that? Is it in the hope that the comments will piel up and no one will notice that you make $#@! up?

If I was rushing I would have been involved much earlier. Why do you keep trying to distract everyone?

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Well in the case of the people I know, they often take transfers to other countries, but the business we work for only locates itself in prominent locations so rural America is not even a possibility. I'm not sure that they would be happy with that either. Rural America is not exactly culturally advanced. These are urban people, not farmers. Just an anecdote, but our local CEO who is from Europe, did a tour of the rural east coast and was offended by the amount of road kill that he saw in his travels.
    While I generally sympathize with the conservative or traditionalist critique of American society there are some aspects of European anti-Americanism that are just plain ignorant. What do you say to people who think the character of Homer Simpson captures something essential about the average American? I suspect such attitudes are more a product of television and media than actual experience.

But my objection is more with conservative intellectuals who claim that the US has never had any vibrant intellectual or artistic life.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also have a habit of playing stupid, Max. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Why do you do that? Is it in the hope that the comments will piel up and no one will notice that you make $#@! up?
    If I was rushing I would have been involved much earlier. Why do you keep trying to distract everyone?
    Yet you are unable to articulate the exact accusation you are making. All you can do is accuse.

You claim I'm a liar and a fabricator yet you refused to prove your case using evidence. Why?

Here's something I think most people will know about me compared to you, your little buddy Ethereal and me: I post lots of links backing up my opinions with facts. You two not so much.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yet you are unable to articulate the exact accusation you are making. All you can do is accuse.

You claim I'm a liar and a fabricator yet you refused to prove your case using evidence. Why?

Here's something I think most people will know about me compared to you, your little buddy Ethereal and me: I post lots of links backing up my opinions with facts. You two not so much.
    You're just embarrassing yourself now, Max.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread