User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: US Army veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan has been deported to Mexico

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Max Rockatansky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    His estimate was 6-8, max. You're trying too hard.
    Try reading the entire post, D, not just the parts you like:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannons Front View Post
    As a rough estimate, about 15% of most Armies are Grunts, so it takes 6 to 8 personnel to support one soldier.
    If you look at all the combat arms, which would include everyone "on the point of the spear" like pilots, sailors (all combat ship sailors are considered Combat arms in this), armored crew, etc., you get around 25-30%. This translates to 3 to 4 support personnel (medical, logistics, etc.) to help them do what they do.
    This is really a rough estimate, because, for example, medics serve "outside the wire" with the units they're supporting and some supports troops, like MP's can also have combat roles.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky View Post
    Try reading the entire post, D, not just the parts you like:
    I did read the entire post, max. We're not talking about pilots, sailors, artillery etc. We're talking about grunts (i.e. "carrying a rifle"). Again, his estimate is 6 to 8. I thin that's low. In any case, the proportion of grunts to other arms and support personnel is rather low.

Stick with Stormy Daniels. lol
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-27-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did read the entire post, max. We're not talking about pilots, sailors, artillery etc. We're talking about grunts (i.e. "carrying a rifle"). Again, his estimate is 6 to 8. I thin that's low. In any case, the proportion of grunts to other arms and support personnel is rather low.....
    Interesting that you don't consider tank and APC crews, aircrews, artillery crews, combat medics and others in the combat arms who get killed in action to be worthy of your praise. Figures. At least now I know that the "D" stands for.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting that you don't consider tank and APC crews, aircrews, artillery crews, combat medics and others in the combat arms who get killed in action to be worthy of your praise. Figures. At least now I know that the "D" stands for.
    Praise? WTF?

Anyway, we're talking about infantry or "grunts" if you prefer. You know, the guys who typically experience the worst of war?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Praise? WTF?

Anyway, we're talking about infantry or "grunts" if you prefer. You know, the guys who typically experience the worst of war?
    "We're" talking about veterans. You're talking about only "grunts". I buried over 30 friends, friends not acquaintances, during my career. Only one was a "grunt". The rest were aircrews. You're complete disregard of fellow combat arms brethren is noted, "D".

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "We're" talking about veterans. You're talking about only "grunts". I buried over 30 friends, friends not acquaintances, during my career. Only one was a "grunt". The rest were aircrews. You're complete disregard of fellow combat arms brethren is noted, "D".
    First of all, save your anecdotes for someone who cares. Secondly, "we" are talking about what I said. Therefore, we are talking about grunts and only about grunts. Understand now? Good. Back to your tabloids.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cannons Front's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,150x in 2,896 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the 15% is all combat MOS's in the Army, it includes Infantry, Armor, Combat Eng and Arty, again it is based on the positions that were considered direct combat positions and women were barred from. The 30% includes pilots, air crews and other jobs that are not considered direct combat jobs like MP's who can have Combat roles along with Medics (line units, not hospital units) and other technically support jobs that have a combat role. sorry if my wording confused anyone.
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannons Front For This Useful Post:

Max Rockatansky (03-27-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, the 15% is all combat MOS's in the Army, it includes Infantry, Armor, Combat Eng and Arty, again it is based on the positions that were considered direct combat positions and women were barred from. The 30% includes pilots, air crews and other jobs that are not considered direct combat jobs like MP's who can have Combat roles along with Medics (line units, not hospital units) and other technically support jobs that have a combat role. sorry if my wording confused anyone.
    Thank you. Therefore the proportion of riflemen or "grunts" is actually quite small.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a Dustoff crew are not combat MOSs? Interesting. Ever hear of a "no pickup list"?

While you haven't done so, others have danced around calling anyone but grunts REMFs. Obviously that's not true.

FWIW, my dad, ex and brother (still on active duty as a Blackhawk pilot) were all Army. I wanted to go Army but Vietnam was winding down and I ended up going Marines out of happenstance.

https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-j...-officers.html
    WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

FULFILL YOUR DREAM OF BECOMING A U.S. ARMY PILOT

Warrant Officer pilots fly some of the most exciting, technologically-advanced aircraft in the world. If you have dreamed of becoming an Army helicopter pilot, fixed-wing aircraft pilot, or unmanned aerial vehicle operator, Warrant Officer Flight School is where you can earn your wings.
    The road to becoming an U.S. Army pilot won’t be easy. The Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT) program is necessarily designed to be rigorous and stressful, as you could be
    responsible for the lives of your crew in a combat situation.
    After candidates have completed the initial flight training course, they move on to specialized training on the Army's fleet of rotary aircraft: the UH-60 Black Hawk, the CH-47 Chinook, and the AH-64A Apache helicopters.

+ Reply to Thread