Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    First of all, I'm single. Secondly, after reading this post, I have reached the conclusion that you are not contributing in good faith. The above remarks are an insult to my intelligence. You are clearly just trying to start a fight over literally nothing. I will not be sucked in. I'm not gonna play your stupid game. This is the end of my conversation with you.
    First, sorry to be the first to inform you, but being married isn't are requirement to have children. That said, I meant your students. Sorry for being unclear.

Second, disagreed. I'm sure you reported me for disagreeing with you and pointing out why I disagree with you.

Third, no, I'm not trying to "pick a fight". You're the one who started with slams against a state of over 28 million Americans, nearly 10 million of whom are Hispanic. Liberals talk a good fight about diversity, but they are very clear about the people they hate: Anyone who disagrees with them. Why did you even bring up Texas in such a manner unless it was you who wanted a fight?

Fourth, if you don't want to discuss facts honestly, then it is best you don't talk to me at all.

https://suburbanstats.org/population...-live-in-texas

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,911x in 54,724 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The uproar over it was the result of its use, to answer your question. However, they did apologize and subsequent textbooks did not repeat that particular "mistake". I was just using that as an example, not presenting it as the full picture of changes that have occurred in Texas textbooks this decade concerning the subject of slavery by a long shot.

As to my remark about "the Texas you're familiar", where I live, Texas is thought of as a pretty conservative state that wouldn't be naturally given to ideas like "to teach the Civil War as exclusively about slavery and remove anything about state's rights".

...not presenting it as the full picture of changes that have occurred in Texas textbooks this decade concerning the subject of slavery by a long shot.
    OK, so you were mistaken about the "mistake." What other examples do you have?
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Max wrote:
    Second, disagreed. I'm sure you reported me for disagreeing with you and pointing out why I disagree with you.

...no, I'm not trying to "pick a fight". You're the one who started with slams against a state of over 28 million Americans, nearly 10 million of whom are Hispanic. Liberals talk a good fight about diversity, but they are very clear about the people they hate: Anyone who disagrees with them. Why did you even bring up Texas in such a manner unless it was you who wanted a fight?
    What on Earth are you talking about? I've never reported you for anything before! In fact, I very rarely use the report function at all. I'm easy-going that way. I let almost everything slide. I've reported Mister D a couple times for particularly egregious offenses like straight-up name-calling and a particularly infamous series of comments about how supposedly Safety was my "black knight" that I don't feel like I need to explain the insufferability of, but that's really all the reporting I can recall doing within the last year.

What I'm saying is that I wish you would cut the false drama and start making intelligible arguments if you have a disagreement. I did not attack Texans collectively, but simply pointed out that the state has a reputation for being politically conservative-leaning overall. Texas has not elected a single Democrat to statewide office in 24 years, for example, so I don't think that as much is an unreasonable or malicious assessment justifying your insane meltdown here.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 04-07-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,911x in 54,724 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Except, Polly, you were not generalizing whether Texas is conservative or liberal based on its electing Republicans or Democrats but denigrating it as "Texas is thought of as a pretty conservative state that wouldn't be naturally given to ideas like "to teach the Civil War as exclusively about slavery and remove anything about state's rights"."
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What on Earth are you talking about? I've never reported you for anything before! In fact, I very rarely use the report function at all. I'm easy-going that way. I let almost everything slide. I've reported Mister D a couple times for particularly egregious offenses like straight-up name-calling and a particularly infamous series of comments about how supposedly Safety was my "black knight" that I don't feel like I need to explain the insufferability of, but that's really all the reporting I can recall doing within the last year.

What I'm saying is that I wish you would cut the false drama and start making intelligible arguments if you have a disagreement. I did not attack Texans collectively, but simply pointed out that the state has a reputation for being politically conservative-leaning overall. Texas has not elected a single Democrat to statewide office in 24 years, for example, so I don't think that as much is an unreasonable or malicious assessment justifying your insane meltdown here.
    Drama queen. lol
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky View Post
    ...Second, disagreed. I'm sure you reported me for disagreeing with you and pointing out why I disagree with you.
    You are a very tender plant, Max. If I recall correctly you stupidly accused me of reporting you too.

One cannot conceal for long what one is. Good job, Max.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (04-07-2018)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Max Rockatansky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .....What I'm saying is that I wish you would cut the false drama and start making intelligible arguments if you have a disagreement. I did not attack Texans collectively, but simply pointed out that the state has a reputation for being politically conservative-leaning overall. Texas has not elected a single Democrat to statewide office in 24 years, for example, so I don't think that as much is an unreasonable or malicious assessment justifying your insane meltdown here.
    Speaking of insane meltdowns.

Perhaps Vermont should tighten up their hiring standards if they want a better education system.

+ Reply to Thread