User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Zombie-Like' Raccoons Standing on Their Hind Legs Are Terrorizing a Town in Ohio ...

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Zombie-Like' Raccoons Standing on Their Hind Legs Are Terrorizing a Town in Ohio ...

“Zombie-like” raccoons have taken over an Ohio town. This isn’t the inevitable re-boot of Night of the Living Dead, though, or another Walking Dead spin-off. Instead, it’s an eery invasion that has authorities looking for answers.

Police in Youngstown, Ohio, have responded to over a dozen calls from concerned humans who have spotted raccoons behaving very strangely, according to local news outlet WKBN. The raccoons were seen popping up onto their hind legs, baring their teeth, and then falling over in a comatose state. The animals weren’t easy to scare off, either, and seemed to have lost their natural fear of humans. If that wasn’t odd enough, the majority of the sightings and calls happened in the daytime even though raccoons are nocturnal.

Police received calls about 14 raccoons over the past three weeks, with some of the residents making the zombie comparison. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources said it doesn’t sound like rabies, but rather a disease called distemper. If this diagnosis is correct, distemper is not transmissible to humans, but can be spread to dogs who come in contact with zombie raccoons.

According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, distemper “attacks the respiratory, gastrointestinal and nervous systems” of infected animals and symptoms include, “head tilt, muscle twitches … seizures, and partial or complete paralysis.” Unfortunately, the affected raccoons have to be captured and put down to prevent the disease from spreading further.

It’s worth noting symptoms do not include a hunger for human brains.....snip~

http://start.att.net/news/read/artic.../category/news

Now for all you leftists.....Don't panic the world is not coming to an end.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cmon now you Ohioians. @‎DGUtley, and @countryboy this is your country.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,175
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,307x in 13,431 Posts
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Cmon now you Ohioians. @‎DGUtley, and @countryboy this is your country.
    My sister sent me that article, lol. I occasionally see raccoons out in the day, but they never rear up and pass out, LOL. They're usually old, sick, or starving.

In my neighborhood, you're more likely to see me dressed up as a zombie, heading out to dance with my zombie dance group, lol.

20171014_185944_600x450.jpg
    Last edited by countryboy; 04-06-2018 at 08:32 AM.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

4. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-06-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    My sister sent me that article, lol. I occasionally see raccoons out in the day, but they never rear up and pass out, LOL. They're usually old, sick, or starving.

In my neighborhood, you're more likely to see me dressed up as a zombie, heading out to dance with my zombie dance group, lol.

Attachment 23249
    My Grandmother and family lived in Youngstown. My Grams was the one that moved to Chicago. Back in the day it was the Steel Hub over there. I still have a Cousin or two that live there. But I haven't been back there since I was a kid. My cousin Jim was a Marine. So he can handle a few nasty critters.

I see plenty of Raccoons when I am out in NW Indiana. Usually cutting across peoples yards or in their garbage cans.

+ Reply to Thread