Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I find some recent events very odd.

1) that the Russians would commit attempted murder on two individuals and leave their fingerprints all over the scene, so to speak.

2) that Assad (ostensibly aided by Putin), would use chemical warfare when the entire world would view them as monstrous criminals, guilty of crimes against humanity.

Putin has an IQ of 127, so he's not a moron. I can't imagine that Assad is a moron. None of this makes any sense at all. It's just so convenient, like the IRS texting you and suggesting they owe you $100K.
    Assad is a medical doctor who did post-graduate studies in Britain, so he is also intelligent as well as educated . Yet we're supposed to believe he is dumb enough to keep using chemical weapons every time the US is about to take the pressure off of him. Last time Assad's forces allegedly used chemical weapons, it was just after the Trump administration said it was no longer pursuing "regime change" in Syria. And now Assad's forces are alleged to have used chemical weapons right after Trump announces that US forces are leaving Syria soon. This is an OBVIOUS series of false flags being concocted by Assad's enemies. By framing Assad, they give war-hungry politicians in the west a potent excuse to intervene militarily against Assad. Again, this is OBVIOUS to anyone who bothers to really think about it. The allegations against Assad were made first and foremost by Assad's Jihadist enemies. They have no credibility whatsoever. They are basically AL QAEDA. They just keep changing their name around to things like "Al Nusra" or "Ahrar al-Sham". One of the main coalitions of "rebel" fighters calls themselves "The Army of Conquest". LOL... they have "conquest" right in their name. These are the groups the US government and its various apologists are using as a credible source. I hope Assad's forces, along with Russian forces, SMITE the so-called "rebels". Naturally, there will be noncombatant deaths, but that is virtually unavoidable in modern warfare. Mind you, that is not an endorsement of modern warfare, just a regrettable observation of fact. But listening to the US government and its apologists crow over the death of innocents is nauseating in its hypocrisy. The US government has been and still is deeply involved in the death of thousands of innocent people all over the world. As we speak, the US government is helping an Islamist dictatorship (Saudi Arabia) to bomb and starve an entire country (Yemen). Politicians like John McCain and Lindsey Graham are far bigger "butchers" than Assad could ever be. They're not calling for "regime change" in Syria out of the goodness of their hearts, they're calling for "regime change" because they're power-mad oligarchs who think the entire world is their personal chessboard. Okay, end rant for now...
    Last edited by Ethereal; 04-11-2018 at 07:12 AM.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Assad is a medical doctor who did post-graduate studies in Britain, so he is also intelligent as well as educated . Yet we're supposed to believe he is dumb enough to keep using chemical weapons every time the US is about to take the pressure off of him. Last time Assad's forces allegedly used chemical weapons, it was just after the Trump administration said it was no longer pursuing "regime change" in Syria. And now Assad's forces are alleged to have used chemical weapons right after Trump announces that US forces are leaving Syria soon. This is an OBVIOUS series of false flags being concocted by Assad's enemies. By framing Assad, they give war-hungry politicians in the west a potent excuse to intervene militarily against Assad. Again, this is OBVIOUS to anyone who bothers to really think about it. The allegations against Assad were made first and foremost by Assad's Jihadist enemies. They have no credibility whatsoever. They are basically AL QAEDA. They just keep changing their name around to things like "Al Nusra" or "Ahrar al-Sham". One of the main coalitions of "rebel" fighters calls themselves "The Army of Conquest". LOL... they have "conquest" right in their name. These are the groups the US government and its various apologists are using as a credible source. I hope Assad's forces, along with Russian forces, SMITE the so-called "rebels". Naturally, there will be noncombatant deaths, but that is virtually unavoidable in modern warfare. Mind you, that is not an endorsement of modern warfare, just a regrettable observation of fact. But listening to the US government and its apologists crow over the death of innocents is nauseating in its hypocrisy. The US government has been and still is deeply involved in the death of thousands of innocent people all over the world. As we speak, the US government is helping an Islamist dictatorship (Saudi Arabia) to bomb and starve an entire country (Yemen). Politicians like John McCain and Lindsey Graham are far bigger "butchers" than Assad could ever be. They're not calling for "regime change" in Syria out of the goodness of their hearts, they're calling for "regime change" because they're power-mad oligarchs who think the entire world is their personal chessboard. Okay, end rant for now...
    I think that there is one more angle here, in addition to those considerations that you pointed out so well, an extra added attraction, if you will - it serves to dispel any perception that Trump is apt to cut Russia any slack.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that there is one more angle here, in addition to those considerations that you pointed out so well, an extra added attraction, if you will - it serves to dispel any perception that Trump is apt to cut Russia any slack.
    Yes, Trump is clearly motivated by his insecurity surrounding the Russian "collusion" narrative. That easily explains why he jumps on board with this nonsense each time it transpires. I do wonder though if Trump is merely playing to the crowd. The last time Assad was accused of using chemical weapons, Trump made a lot of noise and launched an attack, but it was largely symbolic in nature. It did nothing to change the underlying strategic dynamic of the Syrian civil war. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Trump is trying to walk some kind of tightrope.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Common (04-11-2018)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Yes, Trump is clearly motivated by his insecurity surrounding the Russian "collusion" narrative. That easily explains why he jumps on board with this nonsense each time it transpires. I do wonder though if Trump is merely playing to the crowd. The last time Assad was accused of using chemical weapons, Trump made a lot of noise and launched an attack, but it was largely symbolic in nature. It did nothing to change the underlying strategic dynamic of the Syrian civil war. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Trump is trying to walk some kind of tightrope.
    I'm sure they have him by shorthairs at this point and that he is playing to the crowd. I expect that because his knowledge of politics was limited to lobbyist type activities and television, and since he's not a reader, he has found himself in alien and very confusing territory.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (04-11-2018)

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,393x in 27,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they have him by shorthairs at this point and that he is playing to the crowd. I expect that because his knowledge of politics was limited to lobbyist type activities and television, and since he's not a reader, he has found himself in alien and very confusing territory.
    It must bother you that President Trump is running rings around those on your team.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    It must bother you that President Trump is running rings around those on your team.
    My team is not represented, only other peoples' teams. However, Trump is running in circles. I'd be willing to bet that if there were a face-saving way to leave office and preserve his dignity, he'd take it at this point because I don't think he was remotely prepared for the reality of the office that he occupies or how little power the President really has.

Mahatma Gandhi

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,393x in 27,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team is not represented, only other peoples' teams. However, Trump is running in circles. I'd be willing to bet that if there were a face-saving way to leave office and preserve his dignity, he'd take it at this point because I don't think he was remotely prepared for the reality of the office that he occupies or how little power the President really has.
    He has enacted much of his 4-year agenda in one year. he gets credit for implementing more conservative ideas than Reagan. Your team. Leftists.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Archer0915's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,215x in 1,682 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assad had nothing to do with it.

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    He has enacted much of his 4-year agenda in one year. he gets credit for implementing more conservative ideas than Reagan. Your team. Leftists.
    OK.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...s-accomplished
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-can...modest-so-far/

Mahatma Gandhi

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are incorrect, first Bloomberg hates trump more than Maxine Waters they have an decades long hate for each other. Anything they print about trump I just disregard. The BBC is flat out anti trump also.

I will list a few things hes done,

Hes appointed more Fed Judges in one year than obama did in 8

Hes Appointed the most conservative Scotus since Anton Scalia, Gorsuch.

Hes Deported more illegal immigrants in one year than anyone else ever.

Hes changed immigration rules for the benefit of American Citizens and hes still pushing for more.

Hes reversed the lionshare of Obamas executive orders already.

Hes created more jobs than obama did in 8 yrs

He ripped up Obamas South American Trade Agreement that would have put the last nail in working class americans coffin. Hes pushed back against trade deficits and china just backed off their revenge tarrifs because they KNOW they have the most to lose. Hes backed mexico up and they are no renegotiating NAFTA to give american workers and companies the benefits of it back.

He got his taxcut

HES DONE A TON OF THINGS that the press never mentions and the left wont acknowledge.

Hes done all that under the assault of wildly insane progressive left that lie and fabricated and believe anything vile that they do or say about trump is just perfect. Hes done all that with an endless investigation against him from day one.

Hes done it with the entire press corp across the board hating on him and reporting 90% negatives about him.

I realize that to the left much of that isnt accomplishments, but to those that voted for him and supported him that is precisely why they voted for him.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread