User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Another republican terrorist abusing women...

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Scerab's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 95x in 76 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    We had a conversation about abortion in the shop not to long ago, a baptist preacher who brings his computers to us to fix, brought up the subject and a female customer and her engaged, respectfully and courteously, I listened.

One point the woman brought out is if we banned abortion it would trigger a litany of events, starting with the govt paying for hundreds of thousands of pre natal care and hospital births and after care, plus bear the cost to raise hundreds of thousands more orphans, there would be more infants thrown in dumpsters and tossed on the side of the road, there would be a need for more facilities and she went on. If you think about it, thats a logical chain of events.
    Exactly what is happening in Countries run in abidance with Christian doctrine...
    yet this abortion talk is demagoguery utilized by the republican terrorist organization.
    The candidates we vote for are seldom the politicians who represent us...

May god have mercy on our united states of lobbyists...

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    They call it back alley but it wasn't in a back alley. I knew of one girl that did this. I also knew of one that got pregnant and went to a young mothers home to have it. It wasn't the norm to have pregnant girls at high school. It got worse when they passed Roe V Wade. People didn't have to go to other countries to adopt, some young mothers put theirs up for adoption. Were there any left on the side of the road, yes in fact one of my best friends was found at a gas station in a box. A German couple adopted her in SC. Another hers was one of the young mothers was adopted by an older couple. It was rare someone had an abortion or got pregnant back then before marriage.
    I understand that, sir. Anyway, do you have any data? Surely if this was a common occurrence something along those lines would exist. Or could it be that this is just a lot of $#@!ing nonsense?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Scerab's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 95x in 76 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I do not take abortion lightly, however banning it, especially here in "the land of the used to be free" would be an act of futility. Kind of like banning drugs. We've got plenty of people. Bottom line is there is no workable logistical model for an abortion ban. For those of you who so faithfully pursue such a ban: What would it look like once legislated?How would it be enforced? What about women who would die because we made abortion illegal like so many who die now because we call some drug dealers "leaders" and others go to jail? Are you willing to personally pay increased taxes to care for the extra babies?
    I find your analogy disturbing, disgusting and demented. You compared women rights to illicit drug addiction? Further on you tackled the fiscal aspect of this debate, which is exactly where the republican terrorist organization withdraws it’s support of protecting babies, after they are born...
    The candidates we vote for are seldom the politicians who represent us...

May god have mercy on our united states of lobbyists...

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,312x in 4,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I understand that, sir. Anyway, do you have any data? Surely if this was a common occurrence something along those lines would exist. Or could it be that this is just a lot of $#@!ing nonsense?
    Most of it is nonsense and not common. I lived back then and I am a female. So no just giving my personal experience. Only one person while I attended High School those 3 years got pregnant. Only one because girls talk got an abortion. You see a lot more kids today ending up at some place to drop them off than ever back then and many abortions.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,626x in 14,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scerab View Post
    I find your analogy disturbing, disgusting and demented. You compared women rights to illicit drug addiction? Further on you tackled the fiscal aspect of this debate, which is exactly where the republican terrorist organization withdraws it’s support of protecting babies, after they are born...
    The comparison is that when we try to control human behavior too much or unecessarily people die. So I stand behind the comparision. BTW, join the century, addiction is a disease and prohibition kills.
    And yes, some wish to have this debate both ways. They wish to ban abortion but not see increased taxes, which is unlikely.
    I typically stay out of these debates because they are founded in belief systems not logic, but sometimes I cannot help myself.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    The comparison is that when we try to control human behavior too much or unecessarily people die. So I stand behind the comparision. BTW, join the century, addiction is a disease and prohibition kills.
    And yes, some wish to have this debate both ways. They wish to ban abortion but not see increased taxes, which is unlikely.
    I typically stay out of these debates because they are founded in belief systems not logic, but sometimes I cannot help myself.

You stay out of these debates because you're just too cowardly to take clear position.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,626x in 14,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    You stay out of these debates because you're just too cowardly to take clear position.
    My position should be clear to anyone who read my post. I'm in favor of abortion remaining legal. The fact that I loathe it being used regularly by one person instead of a pill does not change that fact. We have too many people and controlism doesn't work well in this country because somewhere the spirit of freedom is still within us. The political mainstream on both "sides" are controlist, the founders were not.
    Do you deny that your stand on abortion is driven by religious belief rather than logic? Isn't that why you did not see my position as clear and resorted to name calling? That's why you lashed out at me.
    Anyway are you willing to pony up extra tax money to take care of unwanted children if abortion was banned?
    Last edited by donttread; 04-15-2018 at 07:37 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Scerab (04-15-2018)

+ Reply to Thread