User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Risky Behavior? I am Going to Risk it!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,353x in 27,928 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Risky Behavior? I am Going to Risk it!

Well,

Yet another study. I will risk it. Someone else will have to let you know how it turned out.

Drinking will shorten your life, according to a major new study that suggests every glass of wine or pint of beer over the daily recommended limit will cut half an hour from the expected lifespan of a 40 year old.
    Those who think a glass of red wine every evening will help keep the heart healthy will be dismayed. The paper published in the Lancet medical journal says five standard 175ml glasses of wine or five pints a week is the upper safe limit – about 100g of alcohol, or 12.5 units in total. More than that raises the risk of stroke, fatal aneurysm (a ruptured artery in the chest), heart failure and death.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-by-30-minutes
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Trumpster (04-14-2018)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Well,

Yet another study. I will risk it. Someone else will have to let you know how it turned out.

Drinking will shorten your life, according to a major new study that suggests every glass of wine or pint of beer over the daily recommended limit will cut half an hour from the expected lifespan of a 40 year old.
    Those who think a glass of red wine every evening will help keep the heart healthy will be dismayed. The paper published in the Lancet medical journal says five standard 175ml glasses of wine or five pints a week is the upper safe limit – about 100g of alcohol, or 12.5 units in total. More than that raises the risk of stroke, fatal aneurysm (a ruptured artery in the chest), heart failure and death.

Nonesense another garbage study, theres been tons of comprehensive studies on especially red wine and its health benefits of reservitrol the red in the wines benefits and all those studies recommended 2 drinks per day for a male.

Theres a town in italy that most everyone smokes eats a high fat diet and heart attacks are almost non existent and the town has the highest percentage of people living to a 100 in the world. Most everyone lives to 80s and 90s.

They have done extensive studies on this town and the only common denominator that points to the longevity is WINE and not just 2 drinks a day. They drink wine for breaks while working and for lunch and for dinner and for $#@!s and giggles.

Of course if you overdo anything even wine can ruin your liver etc

Im personally not buying this study, every male in my family drank a helluva lot more than 2 drinks a day of red wine and they all lived to high 80s
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search: Red wine is bad for you say experts

In the first overhaul of alcohol guidelines in two decades, doctors will reportedly warn that there is no 'safe' level of alcohol consumption and drinking just a small amount may in fact increase the risk of some cancers.
    It also involves liver issues, blood pressure, risk of stroke etc.

I think these recent scientific studies are most likely much more accurate than the (Blue Zone) study that was done in Sardinia, Italy, by National Geographic.
    Last edited by Trumpster; 04-14-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,570x in 36,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Well,

Yawn. I'll take my chances.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Bo-4 (04-14-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Nonesense another garbage study, theres been tons of comprehensive studies on especially red wine and its health benefits of reservitrol the red in the wines benefits and all those studies recommended 2 drinks per day for a male.

Theres a town in italy that most everyone smokes eats a high fat diet and heart attacks are almost non existent and the town has the highest percentage of people living to a 100 in the world. Most everyone lives to 80s and 90s.

They have done extensive studies on this town and the only common denominator that points to the longevity is WINE and not just 2 drinks a day. They drink wine for breaks while working and for lunch and for dinner and for $#@!s and giggles.

Of course if you overdo anything even wine can ruin your liver etc

Im personally not buying this study, every male in my family drank a helluva lot more than 2 drinks a day of red wine and they all lived to high 80s
    Britain has a serious problem with binge drinking. I can understand that. If I lived in a country that used to matter but now debates transgenderwhatever in Parliament I would probably drink myself into oblivion too. Anyway, I suspect that this is simply part of a ,more general anti-alcohol propaganda campaign.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,704
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah whatever - I'm still going with my Doctor's advice and the pinot noir - Beer is excellent too.

Everything in $#@!ing moderation. Tired as hell of health studies when it comes to what one makes the decision to put in their body.

First coffee was bad, then good, then bad, then .. You know.

Pay no mind

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo-4 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (04-17-2018),Green Arrow (04-23-2018),Mister D (04-14-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I drink quite a bit of beer and tea (usually puerh) but the only day I truly over indulge on the former is Saturday.

~Alain de Benoist

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Bo-4 (04-14-2018),Trish (04-21-2018)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,704
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I drink quite a bit of beer and tea (usually puerh) but the only day I truly over indulge on the former is Saturday.
    And what DAY is it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo-4 For This Useful Post:

Trish (04-21-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    And what DAY is it?

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This headline was in yesterday's newspaper: Large Study Says Limit Alcohol to 1 Drink a Day Report by Associated Press.

This study was not just about the British: "The research combined results from 83 studies conducted in 19 countries, tracking nearly 600,000 people who drank alcohol."

It says: Based on the current guidelines, a 40-year-old man "can expect to live one to two years less than men who have no more than seven drinks per week."

This last statement may be somewhat misleading because it's based on averages. Actually, a person might live one year, two years or 20 years less. These studies are about risk, not certainty. Yes, if you're lucky, you might even live a lot longer than those who don't drink.

I had a cousin who drank one or two mixed drinks every evening. I never saw him drunk. He would just take an occasional sip of his drink. He always appeared to be healthy and had a good job. One day he had pains in his liver area so he took time off from work to see a doctor. He was diagnosed with liver cancer and died within a few weeks. He was only 60 years old. So he lost more than a year or two off his life.
    Last edited by Trumpster; 04-17-2018 at 03:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread