Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,250x in 27,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I can't speak to showers, but women have been sharing toilets with trans people since I can remember. Those with beards and/or a masculine appearance used the men's room regardless of biological sex. The ladylike used the ladies room. It was never a problem. TBH I really don't care who is doing their business in a restroom stall, so long as they don't leave a mess and wash their hands. Women are not running around in a state of undress outside of the stalls.
    God, I hate the Left.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-01-2018)

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    God, I hate the Left.
    You seem to hate a lot of things.

Frankly, I don't know how you can leave the house with all those liberals, transsexuals and Muslims everywhere scheming against you.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    You seem to hate a lot of things.

Frankly, I don't know how you can leave the house with all those liberals, transsexuals and Muslims everywhere scheming against you.
    I think the Left sums it up.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Left sums it up.
    Ah right, your catch all for anything you don't like.

It it must be tough living in so much fear.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, I hate the Left.
    Why? Because we don't get hyperbolic about bodily functions or think that putting laws around bathrooms will make the least bit of difference to deviant predators?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MisterVeritis wrote:
    "Voters in Alaska's largest city have become the first in the U.S. to defeat a so-called bathroom bill referendum that asked them to require people to use public bathrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender at birth."

"Currently 19 states plus the District of Columbia include gender identity as a protected class in statewide public accommodations laws, according to Colorado-based Family Policy Alliance, a public policy partner of the conservative Focus on the Family organization. Researcher Autumn Stroup said in an email that tracking city regulations is more complicated."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/anchorage-voters-nation-reject-bathroom-bill-54411566
    Anchorage voters want men dressed as women to piss with women. To shower with women.

Isn't that just peachy?
    Actually, I recommend not worrying too much about this development. The polling out there on the subject indicates that most of the public in reality occupies an in-between position that simply favors the continuation of the legal status quo. At present, most public places require trans-identifying people to show an official medical certificate proving that they are, in fact, transgender if challenged on why they're using a restroom or locker room not corresponding to their biological sex, where the purpose of this particular proposal was, in contrast to that, to prohibit them from doing so altogether, obliging trans-identifying people to use the facilities corresponding to their sex (as in to say their actual sex, which is something that one cannot actually change). There's nothing discriminatory about said proposal, but most people have come to mistakenly feel that there is and don't want to support what they believe is unfair treatment. But here's the real catch: the polling out there also indicates that most people nonetheless oppose doing away standard provisions obliging the provision of a medical certificate on demand; the kind of thing that the government in the UK is currently trying to mandate by law with the Gender Recognition Act, which, if passed, would allow all UK residents to employ self-identification alone for these and all other purposes, thus opening the floodgates for abuse.

My point is that the fact that most people just support the status quo rather than active, preventative steps like the proposal highlighted in the OP shouldn't really be viewed as a catastrophic ideological defeat, but just a sign that more work needs to be done in the way of educating the public on the fact that one's biological sex cannot change; stuff like that. If Alaska voters had just signed off on a bill to allow access to opposite-sex facilities based on self-identification alone, by contrast, I'd be more concerned. That's not what just happened though.

I mean let me put it this way: until just a few years ago, I didn't even know that policies allowing transgender people into facilities corresponding to how they identify themselves rather than corresponding to their biological sex, with medical proof that they actually are trans-identifying people, even existed, so that tells you how serious the social impact actually is for the average woman: not very. I've never encountered a trans-identifying male in the women's restroom before in my whole life that I can recall. I have seen men in the women's restroom before, but they didn't seem to be transgender. They weren't wearing any female signifiers or anything. They were just regular, "cis" men who were there in blatant violation of the policy. THAT's what really concerns many women; the prospect of that kind of thing actually becoming effectively allowed, which is what would happen if we went based on self-identification alone. You know, hence the public backlash to Target's infamous 2016 announcement, for instance, which was that they were allowing access to opposite-sex facilities based on self-identification alone. THAT policy has been abused demonstrably.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 04-14-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Why? Because we don't get hyperbolic about bodily functions or think that putting laws around bathrooms will make the least bit of difference to deviant predators?
    You are just wrong doc, people that make statements like yours have no experience with real life on a broader scope.

You should be a big city cop for a month, it would change your entire outlook on what people are capable of and what they "DO" on a minute by minute basis.

Your singular solo life experience does not reflect the reality of public bathroom risks in general

The difference in our thinking is this, trannys in womens bathrooms so what and thats as far as it goes. My thinking goes past the transexuals to all the possibilities like individuals playing tranny as I have described before. With the law obama put into place trannys with beards can go into any bathroom they choose and no one can stop them.

Its a stupid law that makes no sense, its dangerous for children especially and there was no need for the law to be written in the first place. Less than a half of 1 % of the population are transexuals.

It puts "ALL" children and women at greater risk for a handful of transexuals, it defies common sense and its in my estimation a stupid law.
    Last edited by Common; 04-14-2018 at 06:17 AM.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,522x in 14,781 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Voters in Alaska's largest city have become the first in the U.S. to defeat a so-called bathroom bill referendum that asked them to require people to use public bathrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender at birth."

"Currently 19 states plus the District of Columbia include gender identity as a protected class in statewide public accommodations laws, according to Colorado-based Family Policy Alliance, a public policy partner of the conservative Focus on the Family organization. Researcher Autumn Stroup said in an email that tracking city regulations is more complicated."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/anchorage-voters-nation-reject-bathroom-bill-54411566
    Anchorage voters want men dressed as women to piss with women. To shower with women.

Isn't that just peachy?

Enter the age of the one holer . Imagine 40 small bathrooms all in a a row instead of two big ones or at a minimum the end of urinals .

Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Enter the age of the one holer . Imagine 40 small bathrooms all in a a row instead of two big ones or at a minimum the end of urinals .
    We should not use funds to appease the goofy 1%.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    This fear that rapists will dress in skirts and attack women in bathrooms is based on nothing but speculation. People could sneak into any bathroom. Laws protecting trans people isn't going to lead to pervs raping girls.
    Oh really? http://krcrtv.com/archive/eureka-man...arget-restroom

"EUREKA, Calif. - A Eureka man was arrested Friday after police said he was exhibiting lewd behavior in a women's restroom at Target earlier in the week.Jenna Reck, a spokesperson for Target said a customer reported the suspicious man to store staff, who then called the police.
    "Earlier this week, a guest reported that she thought she saw a man that had been potentially filming in the bathroom," Reck told North Coast News. "Police are investigating the situation."

"AT TARGET"
    Last edited by jimmyz; 04-30-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

+ Reply to Thread