User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Russia blames Britain for Chem Attack in Syria.....

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    How long ago was it that you denied ever saying something like this to me? I wonder, if I bring up your churlish accusations in the future, will you deny you ever made them?

Anyway, the worst thing about this sophomoric line of argument is that I know you are smart enough to know just how dishonest and false it is. You know very well that skepticism and suspicion towards the government is not the same thing as condemning one's country. You also know that one can exercise skepticism and suspicion towards the government without being loyal to a foreign government. I mean, you support Obama's Iran deal, so does that make you a supporter of the Mullah's and their government in Iran? According to your asinine logic, it does. It's sad seeing someone with actual intelligence resort to such base tactics. Why continue punching below your weight?
    Well, you know, that working for Israel can never escape a Zionist, so there is no "lack of intelligence" for that. The same one who holds a microphone to his mouth to spread it all about, that everyone else is part of the false media, except them, that he must mistake himself for being all that oblivious to how he will look when it will be over with and they will have to answer for it. He'll most likely make a complaint that I accused him (as his other multiple identities) of being a C.I.A. asset who has played all sides of it, but why cover for it?
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion Rules For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (04-13-2018)

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long ago was it that you denied ever saying something like this to me? I wonder, if I bring up your churlish accusations in the future, will you deny you ever made them?

Anyway, the worst thing about this sophomoric line of argument is that I know you are smart enough to know just how dishonest and false it is. You know very well that skepticism and suspicion towards the government is not the same thing as condemning one's country. You also know that one can exercise skepticism and suspicion towards the government without being loyal to a foreign government. I mean, you support Obama's Iran deal, so does that make you a supporter of the Mullah's and their government in Iran? According to your asinine logic, it does. It's sad seeing someone with actual intelligence resort to such base tactics. Why continue punching below your weight?
    Denied saying what specifically?

Look, I don't actually think you're Russian or support Putin. I'm just getting your goat.

But I do find it funny that you consistently defend Russia and deride the US. Even in this thread where it's patently obvious that Britain isn't conducting some false flag and that Russia's allegations are laughable. Most likely some lame attempt to fight back against the UK's accusations of Russian assassination attempts.

...and if you want to accuse me of base tactics, look who jumped on who in this thread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-14-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Denied saying what specifically?
    Questioning my patriotism, accusing me of being loyal to Russia, etc.

When I mentioned in another thread how you had made similar comments in the past, you defied me to produce actual quotes. What you just said is the perfect example of what I was talking about. It is amazing that someone who considers themselves a liberal, and who has actual intelligence, would resort to such tactics. It's straight out of Joseph McCarthy's playbook.

Look, I don't actually think you're Russian or support Putin. I'm just getting your goat.
    I don't find it the least bit amusing. I take my love for America very seriously. I would readily die in defense of America if it the need arose. Indeed, everything I say on these forums comes from a deep love of my country and its traditions. I am sickened by what the establishment has done and is still doing to the country. I look around America and see all sorts of serious problems that go unsolved because US politicians waste trillions of dollars on imperialism. Your government wisely neglected to join the US in Vietnam and Iraq. Your government actually represents you to some degree. Mine doesn't. It's controlled by insanely greedy and corrupt individuals who want endless and massive wars to profit off of. They duped me into joining the military and risking my life for no good reason. Please explain why I should be more upset about what Russia is doing in Crimea or Syria than what the US government is doing right here in America?

But I do find it funny that you consistently defend Russia and deride the US. Even in this thread where it's patently obvious that Britain isn't conducting some false flag and that Russia's allegations are laughable. Most likely some lame attempt to fight back against the UK's accusations of Russian assassination attempts.

...and if you want to accuse me of base tactics, look who jumped on who in this thread.
    You already threw out a stink bomb with your first posts. You're basically saying that no one can see any truth in the false flag narrative without being crazy and/or disloyal. Of course I am going to take umbrage with that kind of attempt to frame the issue. I totally reject your "patently obvious" assertion about Britain's potential involvement in a false flag. From my perspective, their involvement is probable. I may be wrong, but I refuse to accept your imperious declarations as some kind of indisputable fact. It is up for debate and discussion whether or not Britain was involved in a false flag in Syria. It is not ridiculous to consider that possibility.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing I find unfortunate about your attitude is that I can usually expect Canadians to be sympathetic towards the kinds of narratives I'm promoting. They have the benefit of looking at the US from the outside and have less trouble seeing the truth about the US government's imperialism. When I visited Canada for a wedding, a guy I met there was totally interested to hear what I had to say about it. He didn't find what I was saying to be the least bit crazy either. He was like, "Yea, of course." Dr. Who has the same kind of Canadian insight into US affairs. She sees this incident in Syria for what it is, too. I have to wonder why you're so much different from them. In my experience, Canadians are usually some of the most astute when it comes to seeing through the obvious lies of the US government.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-13-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questioning my patriotism, accusing me of being loyal to Russia, etc.

When I mentioned in another thread how you had made similar comments in the past, you defied me to produce actual quotes. What you just said is the perfect example of what I was talking about. It is amazing that someone who considers themselves a liberal, and who has actual intelligence, would resort to such tactics. It's straight out of Joseph McCarthy's playbook.

I don't find it the least bit amusing. I take my love for America very seriously. I would readily die in defense of America if it the need arose. Indeed, everything I say on these forums comes from a deep love of my country and its traditions. I am sickened by what the establishment has done and is still doing to the country. I look around America and see all sorts of serious problems that go unsolved because US politicians waste trillions of dollars on imperialism. Your government wisely neglected to join the US in Vietnam and Iraq. Your government actually represents you to some degree. Mine doesn't. It's controlled by insanely greedy and corrupt individuals who want endless and massive wars to profit off of. They duped me into joining the military and risking my life for no good reason. Please explain why I should be more upset about what Russia is doing in Crimea or Syria than what the US government is doing right here in America?

You already threw out a stink bomb with your first posts. You're basically saying that no one can see any truth in the false flag narrative without being crazy and/or disloyal. Of course I am going to take umbrage with that kind of attempt to frame the issue. I totally reject your "patently obvious" assertion about Britain's potential involvement in a false flag. From my perspective, their involvement is probable. I may be wrong, but I refuse to accept your imperious declarations as some kind of indisputable fact. It is up for debate and discussion whether or not Britain was involved in a false flag in Syria. It is not ridiculous to consider that possibility.
    If my memory serves me correctly, the allegation was that I called people on the right anti American. My comments were in jest, but sure...I guess that qualifies as me calling someone anti American. The reality is I don't think you're anti American, but rather overtly critical of the American government and forgiving of others. Even here you're saying that British involvement is probable...with no actual evidence presented.

While I don't doubt your love for your nation, I do find it baffling that you have virtually no criticism of her enemies.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have a few questions. Is there anything you guys will eat up without question, no matter how shady and unlikely it is? What makes the US and the West in general above corruption and nefarious action?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my memory serves me correctly, the allegation was that I called people on the right anti American. My comments were in jest, but sure...I guess that qualifies as me calling someone anti American. The reality is I don't think you're anti American, but rather overtly critical of the American government and forgiving of others. Even here you're saying that British involvement is probable...with no actual evidence presented.

While I don't doubt your love for your nation, I do find it baffling that you have virtually no criticism of her enemies.
    I just explained it to you.

The US government's actions have far more effect on my life, whereas the government of Russia has almost no effect on my life.

The US government robs Americans of trillions of dollars to pay for imperialist wars that massacre scores of innocents, and it does this in my name.

I assume you understand the concept of opportunity costs. Just imagine how much better America would be right now if the US government hadn't spent several trillion dollars on the invasion and occupation of Iraq. To even begin contemplating the scale of those lost opportunities is staggering.

Morally speaking, I am OUTRAGED that the US government is using our money and our good names to SLAUGHTER innocents in the Middle East. Not only is this monstrously wrong, it is the number one cause of anti-American terrorism.

Feel free to explain why I should waste any time or energy worrying about what Russia is doing in Crimea or Syria when the US government is doing so much damage right here in America? If I criticized Russia as much as you do, what difference would it make? Would it somehow stop Russia from acting in what it perceives to be its interests? Would it make America one bit better?
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    I just have a few questions. Is there anything you guys will eat up without question, no matter how shady and unlikely it is? What makes the US and the West in general above corruption and nefarious action?
    The US and the west certainly are capable and guilty of corruption and nefarious actions. I just find this attempt by Russia to be pretty unrealistic. Is it possible? Of course, but given Russia's recent track record and her current leadership's tactics, I think it's safe to assume they are full of $#@!.

The US government isn't implicated in killing dozens of journalists. It isn't accused of banning political parties or accused of assassinating political rivals. Putin's government is and it's not just American propaganda.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just explained it to you.

The US government's actions have far more effect on my life, whereas the government of Russia has almost no effect on my life.

The US government robs Americans of trillions of dollars to pay for imperialist wars that massacre scores of innocents, and it does this in my name.

I assume you understand the concept of opportunity costs. Just imagine how much better America would be right now if the US government hadn't spent several trillion dollars on the invasion and occupation of Iraq. To even begin contemplating the scale of those lost opportunities is staggering.

Morally speaking, I am OUTRAGED that the US government is using our money and our good names to SLAUGHTER innocents in the Middle East. Not only is this monstrously wrong, it is the number one cause of anti-American terrorism.

Feel free to explain why I should waste any time or energy worrying about what Russia is doing in Crimea or Syria when the US government is doing so much damage right here in America? If I criticized Russia as much as you do, what difference would it make? Would it somehow stop Russia from acting in what it perceives to be its interests? Would it make America one bit better?
    I actually do side with you in regards to American foreign adventurism. Iraq was a huge mistake as were many other military actions. Modern terrorism is a result of American interventions and other factors.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US and the west certainly are capable and guilty of corruption and nefarious actions. I just find this attempt by Russia to be pretty unrealistic. Is it possible? Of course, but given Russia's recent track record and her current leadership's tactics, I think it's safe to assume they are full of $#@!.

The US government isn't implicated in killing dozens of journalists. It isn't accused of banning political parties or accused of assassinating political rivals. Putin's government is and it's not just American propaganda.
    The US government has destroyed numerous countries based on highly dubious rationales. That is a million times worse than Russia's internal corruption and oppression. At least Putin's authoritarianism is largely confined to his own country. The US government's insatiable lust for power and wealth extends far beyond the borders of America. Name ONE THING Russia has done since the end of cold war that even remotely compares to what the US did to Iraq in terms of its scale and duration.
    --John Adams

+ Reply to Thread