User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The US Navy appears to have fooled Russia/Syria with a warship ruse before the strike

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,979x in 55,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Russia's response to US naval superiority has been to develop missile systems. They realize they cannot compete in direct naval conflict, so they've invested in highly maneuverable and transportable missile systems that are supposed to be very effective against large naval fleets. I have no idea if their investment has paid off or not, but I sure wouldn't want to find out either. Military conflict between US and Russian forces must be avoided for obvious reasons.

Our Naval and air power would crush Russian forces.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (04-17-2018)

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,344
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Grokmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,815x in 3,968 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russia's response to US naval superiority has been to develop missile systems. They realize they cannot compete in direct naval conflict, so they've invested in highly maneuverable and transportable missile systems that are supposed to be very effective against large naval fleets. I have no idea if their investment has paid off or not, but I sure wouldn't want to find out either. Military conflict between US and Russian forces must be avoided for obvious reasons.
    The Russians are so far behind us in missile tech, it's laughable.

In short, WE HIT WHAT WE INTEND TO; they RARELY, if EVER, manage that, especially with the kind of range we just demonstrated in Syria.

Putin knows it, just like the leaders of the former USSR knew that SDI ( ridiculed by asinine democrats, claiming satellite guidance of weapons, was impossible...like "Star Wars". We now do just that, worldwide. Idiots.) was the end of them.

Russia won't do squat. Obama is GONE, and believe you me, they know it, BIGTIME.
    Last edited by Grokmaster; 04-17-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    De Oppresso Liber

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,344
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Grokmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,815x in 3,968 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when the Russians said they weren't colluding with Trump to influence US elections, they were lying?

If Putin came out and said "two plus two equals four", would you tell people not to believe him?

For every lie told by the Russian government, there will be one told by the US government to match them. A reasonable person would be skeptical of both governments and use their own judgment.

As it stands, I've seen no proof in support of either claim. All I know is that this attack will be like the last attack: Empty symbolism meant to give Trump the appearance of toughness. But it won't work. The Trump-haters in both parties will not stop trying to destroy him no matter how many times he weakly attempts to placate them. And they will settle for nothing less than "regime change" in Syria and total conflict with Russia. If Trump does not give it to them, then they will just get their Al Qaeda proxies in Syria to stage another chemical incident and blame it on Assad. They've already proven how easy it is to fool people with this gimmick, so they will just keep doing it until it stops working. And Trump will either have to give them what they want or be a man and finally challenge this transparent bullshit.
    Silly. They lie about military matters, especially outrages like the gas attack, always. They have lied in every weapons limitation treaty they ever signed.

Saying that they "colluded" with Trump would not serve their purposes,would it?

You're grasping at straws, now. WHY?

Are you upset that our military has just proven its lethal efficiency?

WHY?
    De Oppresso Liber

+ Reply to Thread