User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 186

Thread: Two black men arrested for not leaving a Starbucks.

  1. #1
    Points: 139,902, Level: 90
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,148
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    251613
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    61,659
    Points
    139,902
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    7,142
    Thanked 20,576x in 15,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Two black men arrested for not leaving a Starbucks.

    There's a lot to criticize here.

    Two men are in a Starbucks. When they are asked if they wish to place an order, they say that they will when their two friends show up. They aren't being disruptive or runde. The manager of the Starbucks asks them to leave. They refuse. Again they say that they will order something when their two friends arrive. The manager calls the police.

    The police show up and haul the two guys out in handcuffs and take hold them at the police station for more than eight hours.


    The manager of that particular Starbucks was wrong. Calling the police was completely avoidable. It's not at all uncommon for people to get a table and wait until the rest of their party shows up before they order.


    The friends these two were waiting for did show up.


    Arresting these guys, hauling them out in handcuffs and holding them for eight or nine hours is indefensible. The officers did not use proper judgement in this case. They failed to determine what the problem was and resolve the issue.


    If the two men were being disruptive there would be a case for making an arrest. I think these two guys will end up being quite wealthy over this incident.


    I know that if I was in a Starbucks with one of my buddies and did exactly the same thing, we would not have been arrested and taken into custody.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (04-16-2018),gamewell45 (04-17-2018),Grokmaster (04-16-2018)

  3. #2
    Points: 43,660, Level: 51
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,590
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    texan's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    29985
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,420
    Points
    43,660
    Level
    51
    Thanks Given
    1,358
    Thanked 2,875x in 2,138 Posts
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am going to challenge Cotton.............Movie Line.

    There has to be more to the story. There is no way this is accurate. I can give just as many exceptions as you gave towards the store. Their is also an implication of this being racial. What color was the manager? How many other "black" people were in the establishment? Yeah a lot left on this bone.

    Is there a link you read from?
    It is amazing to me the Dems haven't and can't seem to figure out why Trump was elected. Why they lost the middle Blue Voters. Here is one big reason. The BIG TENT PARTY isn't so big anymore. Middle Blue Collar dems are not accepted because they don't agree with the left wing. They are attacked and ridiculed in today's Dem party. One is not allowed to disagree. The whole selling point of the Dem Party was the ability to differ. Not anymore.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to texan For This Useful Post:

    Grokmaster (04-16-2018)

  5. #3
    Points: 139,902, Level: 90
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,148
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    251613
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    61,659
    Points
    139,902
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    7,142
    Thanked 20,576x in 15,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Yeah I am going to challenge Cotton.............Movie Line.

    There has to be more to the story. There is no way this is accurate. I can give just as many exceptions as you gave towards the store. Their is also an implication of this being racial. What color was the manager? How many other "black" people were in the establishment? Yeah a lot left on this bone.

    Is there a link you read from?

    By all accounts the two young men were not doing anything wrong what so ever. The Starbucks CEO has come out and acknowledged that.


    I think it's absolutely reasonable to believe that if these two young men were white, this incident would have never happened.


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-anything.html

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Archer0915 (04-16-2018),Dr. Strangelove (04-16-2018),Grokmaster (04-16-2018)

  7. #4
    Points: 139,902, Level: 90
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,148
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    251613
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    61,659
    Points
    139,902
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    7,142
    Thanked 20,576x in 15,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know where the biggest failure is with this. Was it with the Starbucks manager for calling 911 or the police for not doing their job?

    I spent 14 years as a deputy sheriff. I can say with absolute certainty if I had responded to this 911 call, no arrest would have been made and no arrest would have been required. I would have resolved this situation without incident.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 04-16-2018 at 04:10 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (04-16-2018)

  9. #5
    Points: 47,159, Level: 53
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,691
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    190319
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,444
    Points
    47,159
    Level
    53
    Thanks Given
    4,016
    Thanked 13,511x in 8,389 Posts
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was probably a lawful arrest or whatever, seeing as how they wouldn't leave private property, but truth be told, it was disgusting and completely unnecessary, especially from the Starbucks manager.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Xl For This Useful Post:

    Archer0915 (04-16-2018),Ethereal (04-16-2018),Grokmaster (04-16-2018),Tahuyaman (04-16-2018)

  11. #6
    Points: 15,934, Level: 30
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18520
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,078
    Points
    15,934
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    1,151
    Thanked 685x in 551 Posts
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    There's a lot to criticize here.

    Two men are in a Starbucks. When they are asked if they wish to place an order, they say that they will when their two friends show up. They aren't being disruptive or runde. The manager of the Starbucks asks them to leave. They refuse. Again they say that they will order something when their two friends arrive. The manager calls the police.

    The police show up and haul the two guys out in handcuffs and take hold them at the police station for more than eight hours.


    The manager of that particular Starbucks was wrong. Calling the police was completely avoidable. It's not at all uncommon for people to get a table and wait until the rest of their party shows up before they order.


    The friends these two were waiting for did show up.


    Arresting these guys, hauling them out in handcuffs and holding them for eight or nine hours is indefensible. The officers did not use proper judgement in this case. They failed to determine what the problem was and resolve the issue.


    If the two men were being disruptive there would be a case for making an arrest. I think these two guys will end up being quite wealthy over this incident.


    I know that if I was in a Starbucks with one of my buddies and did exactly the same thing, we would not have been arrested and taken into custody.
    Has this not been the subject of discussion around here since yesterday????
    RECOMMENDATION FROM THE STATE DEPT FOR EMPLOYEES TO POST WHEN PARTICIPATING IN INTERNET FORUMS
    3. Recommending and Endorsing Others on Social Media. The Standards of Conduct permit employees to use social media to make such recommendations or endorsements in their personal capacity.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

    Grokmaster (04-16-2018)

  13. #7
    Points: 139,902, Level: 90
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,148
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    251613
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    61,659
    Points
    139,902
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    7,142
    Thanked 20,576x in 15,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Has this not been the subject of discussion around here since yesterday????
    I don't know. If so, back out of here and take your idiocy elsewhere.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Grokmaster (04-16-2018)

  15. #8
    Points: 43,163, Level: 50
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Grokmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5418
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,242
    Points
    43,163
    Level
    50
    Thanks Given
    11,215
    Thanked 5,249x in 3,604 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for " To Protect and SERVE."


    Some LEO's just do not get it, and they make the job so much more difficult for the majority that do.
    De Oppresso Liber



  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (04-16-2018),Tahuyaman (04-16-2018)

  17. #9
    Points: 139,902, Level: 90
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,148
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    251613
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    61,659
    Points
    139,902
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    7,142
    Thanked 20,576x in 15,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    It was probably a lawful arrest or whatever, seeing as how they wouldn't leave private property, but truth be told, it was disgusting and completely unnecessary, especially from the Starbucks manager.

    It would have been prudent for the two young men to leave, but it would have also been prudent for the responding officers to figure out what the problem was and diffuse it. An arrest and holding these guys for more than eight hours was indefensible.

    I think the responding officers actions were worse than the Starbucks manager. We expect a certain level of common sense from police officers.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    The Xl (04-16-2018)

  19. #10
    Points: 15,934, Level: 30
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18520
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,078
    Points
    15,934
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    1,151
    Thanked 685x in 551 Posts
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    So much for " To Protect and SERVE."



    Some LEO's just do not get it, and they make the job so much more difficult for the majority that do.

    Everyone agrees the police officers were doing their job.

    It's the Starbucks management that erred.
    RECOMMENDATION FROM THE STATE DEPT FOR EMPLOYEES TO POST WHEN PARTICIPATING IN INTERNET FORUMS
    3. Recommending and Endorsing Others on Social Media. The Standards of Conduct permit employees to use social media to make such recommendations or endorsements in their personal capacity.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO