Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donated organs should go to US residents

Donated organs should go to US residents before illegal immigrants, says new GOP bill

Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., has introduced legislation that would give legal U.S. residents preferred status over illegal immigrants when it comes to receiving donated organs.
    Posey's bill, which was filed on Friday, would amend the Public Health Service Act to "give preference to individuals who are lawfully present in the United States over individuals who are unlawfully present in the United States."
    An aide to Posey said that means illegal residents could still apply to receive donated organs, but "will not receive organs until all legal residents have been satisfied."

The aide said Posey introduced the bill after a constituent raised the issue after an experience involving transplanted organs.
    "Rep. Posey believes it's a question of fairness to Americans and legal residents who have been on the list waiting for an organ transplant," the aide said.
    Recent press reports indicate the issue of whether to allow non-legal residents access to donated organs is coming up more frequently in the U.S.
    A report from ProPublica last year said some U.S. hospitals are allowing non-residents to jump the line and receive donated organs.
    And last February, a hospital in Oregon said it would not give a women a liver transplant because she is an illegal immigrant.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...an-transplants
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (04-16-2018),roadmaster (04-16-2018)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Americans first. We have too many people already here as citizens on a long waiting list.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Captdon (04-17-2018),Grokmaster (04-16-2018)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Donated organs should go to US residents before illegal immigrants, says new GOP bill

Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., has introduced legislation that would give legal U.S. residents preferred status over illegal immigrants when it comes to receiving donated organs.
    Posey's bill, which was filed on Friday, would amend the Public Health Service Act to "give preference to individuals who are lawfully present in the United States over individuals who are unlawfully present in the United States."
    An aide to Posey said that means illegal residents could still apply to receive donated organs, but "will not receive organs until all legal residents have been satisfied."

The aide said Posey introduced the bill after a constituent raised the issue after an experience involving transplanted organs.
    "Rep. Posey believes it's a question of fairness to Americans and legal residents who have been on the list waiting for an organ transplant," the aide said.
    Recent press reports indicate the issue of whether to allow non-legal residents access to donated organs is coming up more frequently in the U.S.
    A report from ProPublica last year said some U.S. hospitals are allowing non-residents to jump the line and receive donated organs.
    And last February, a hospital in Oregon said it would not give a women a liver transplant because she is an illegal immigrant.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...an-transplants
    Perhaps Rep Posey should read this before forcing physicians to violate their oath.

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
    I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.
    I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.
    I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.
    I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.
    I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.
    I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.
    I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.
    I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.
    If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.
    And as far as the Oregon Hospital is concerned...I guess they did.

“It was brought to our attention this evening that an archaic transplant policy was preventing an undocumented individual from being evaluated at OHSU. Upon learning of the policy, OHSU leaders acted immediately and terminated the policy. We deeply regret the pain this has caused the family. OHSU is committed to serving our entire community – all are welcome at OHSU, and this policy does not reflect our values. The OHSU transplant team is informing the family of our change in policy tonight. OHSU’s legal team has begun a system-wide audit to ensure no other such policies exist.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched in California a black woman complain with many others that they were being kicked out of section 8 housing and illegals were getting them. The board looked at them as if they were nothing and even smirked. Why doesn't this make people mad. The left is willing to put the poor American out on the streets and that is where she was living now with her two children for people who are not citizens. Now they also want to give them organs first too. Maybe people should start watching these board meetings and see how the poor in America are being treated.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (04-16-2018)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    I watched in California a black woman complain with many others that they were being kicked out of section 8 housing and illegals were getting them. The board looked at them as if they were nothing and even smirked. Why doesn't this make people mad. The left is willing to put the poor American out on the streets and that is where she was living now with her two children for people who are not citizens. Now they also want to give them organs first too. Maybe people should start watching these board meetings and see how the poor in America are being treated.
    You should get a job at a fake news outlet.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    You should really look at yourself before you throw stones at everyone else.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (04-16-2018),roadmaster (04-16-2018)

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,344
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Grokmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,815x in 3,968 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a no branier. Doctors can go to other nations, of they prefer to cure foreignors over Americans.
    De Oppresso Liber

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    I watched the board meetings on youtube. grindal61 has most of them. Nothing fake about it.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is one she has one kid and homeless. Candace Camper starting at 4.04 and the man before her is upset too.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    You should really look at yourself before you throw stones at everyone else.
    They don't care to know facts. They only act like they care for the poor in America while they don't.

+ Reply to Thread