User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: President Trump Pardons Scooter Libby

  1. #1

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 279,045, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    326208
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    49,308
    Points
    279,045
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    2,235
    Thanked 5,410x in 3,349 Posts
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    President Trump Pardons Scooter Libby

    President Trump has pardoned Scooter Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's former Chief of Staff. Libby was convicted in 2007 for lying to the FBI and obstruction of justice in the Valerie Plame scandal.
    “I don’t know Mr. Libby,” President Trump said Friday. “But for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.”
    "Today, President Donald J. Trump issued an Executive Grant of Clemency (Full Pardon) to I. “Scooter” Lewis Libby, former Chief of Staff to Vice President Richard Cheney, for convictions stemming from a 2007 trial. President George W. Bush commuted Mr. Libby’s sentence shortly after his conviction. Mr. Libby, nevertheless, paid a $250,000 fine, performed 400 hours of community service, and served two years of probation," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders added.
    "In 2015, one of the key witnesses against Mr. Libby recanted her testimony, stating publicly that she believes the prosecutor withheld relevant information from her during interviews that would have altered significantly what she said. The next year, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals unanimously reinstated Mr. Libby to the bar, reauthorizing him to practice law. The Court agreed with the District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel, who stated that Mr. Libby had presented 'credible evidence' in support of his innocence, including evidence that a key prosecution witness had 'changed her recollection of the events in question,'" she continued.

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...libby-n2470703
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  2. #2
    Points: 98,577, Level: 76
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2612797
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    42,779
    Points
    98,577
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    20,219
    Thanked 19,278x in 13,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    986 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump would pardon Pol Pot if it would send a signal to his indicted cohorts that he has their back.

    What ever happened to the “law and order” candidate that the hard right worshiped? Rhetorical question.
    Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don't like what I post, ignore me. I'll post what I want, when I want, and where I want, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it.

    - GA

  3. #3

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 279,045, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    326208
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    49,308
    Points
    279,045
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    2,235
    Thanked 5,410x in 3,349 Posts
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Safety what makes your statement so incrediblly hollow is that Obama pardoned a terrorist who murdered and terrorized americans, Oscar Lopez Riviera, he broke presidential records with, 78 pardons, 153 commutations and 1324 clemencys

    An imprisoned Puerto Rican terrorist who refused to renounce violence to get clemency in 1999, was among those whose sentence was commuted Tuesday by President Obama.
    Oscar Lopez-Rivera helped establish the violent Puerto Rican independence group FALN (Fuerza Armadas de Liberacion Nacional, Spanish for Armed Forces of National Liberation).
    The group is best known for bombing Fraunces Tavern in lower Manhattan in 1975, an attack that killed four, as well as a 1982 strike on NYPD headquarters.
    López Rivera was arrested in May 1981 and convicted of seditious conspiracy, carrying firearms during the commission of violent crimes and transporting explosives with the intent to kill people.
    He was sentenced to 55 years in prison.
    He will now be released on May 17.
    “Oscar Lopez is a terrorist who participated in the killing of New Yorkers, and someone who has refused to renounce violence,” said Councilman Joe Borelli (R-SI).
    “Commuting his sentence proves that Obama and most liberals are out of touch with reality and willing to sacrifice all norms in the name of progressivism.”
    In 1999, President Bill Clinton offered Lopez-Rivera clemency, but he refused because it would have required him to renounce terrorism.

    https://nypost.com/2017/01/17/puerto...reed-by-obama/



    Obama’s 78 Pardons and 153 Commutations

    Just weeks before leaving office, President Obama on Monday issued 78 pardons and commuted the sentences of 153 prisoners, extending his acts of clemency to a total of 1,324 individuals, one of the larger uses of the presidential power to show mercy in modern presidential history.


    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  4. #4
    Points: 50,811, Level: 55
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,739
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    38549
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18,516
    Points
    50,811
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    32,704
    Thanked 9,565x in 6,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Trump would pardon Pol Pot if it would send a signal to his indicted cohorts that he has their back.

    What ever happened to the “law and order” candidate that the hard right worshiped? Rhetorical question.
    What laws has he broken?
    man, you are really suffering under the delusion that you have a chance in hell of putting that old b!tch in the WH.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    Grokmaster (04-17-2018)

  6. #5
    Points: 64,467, Level: 62
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,083
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    211186
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    24,863
    Points
    64,467
    Level
    62
    Thanks Given
    12,546
    Thanked 12,295x in 8,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Trump would pardon Pol Pot if it would send a signal to his indicted cohorts that he has their back. What ever happened to the “law and order” candidate that the hard right worshiped? Rhetorical question.
    Interesting, you seem to be OK with railroading an innocent man just to push a political agenda.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

    Grokmaster (04-17-2018),stjames1_53 (04-17-2018)

  8. #6
    Points: 98,577, Level: 76
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2612797
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    42,779
    Points
    98,577
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    20,219
    Thanked 19,278x in 13,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    986 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Well Safety what makes your statement so incrediblly hollow is that Obama pardoned a terrorist who murdered and terrorized americans, Oscar Lopez Riviera, he broke presidential records with, 78 pardons, 153 commutations and 1324 clemencys

    An imprisoned Puerto Rican terrorist who refused to renounce violence to get clemency in 1999, was among those whose sentence was commuted Tuesday by President Obama.
    Oscar Lopez-Rivera helped establish the violent Puerto Rican independence group FALN (Fuerza Armadas de Liberacion Nacional, Spanish for Armed Forces of National Liberation).
    The group is best known for bombing Fraunces Tavern in lower Manhattan in 1975, an attack that killed four, as well as a 1982 strike on NYPD headquarters.
    López Rivera was arrested in May 1981 and convicted of seditious conspiracy, carrying firearms during the commission of violent crimes and transporting explosives with the intent to kill people.
    He was sentenced to 55 years in prison.
    He will now be released on May 17.
    “Oscar Lopez is a terrorist who participated in the killing of New Yorkers, and someone who has refused to renounce violence,” said Councilman Joe Borelli (R-SI).
    “Commuting his sentence proves that Obama and most liberals are out of touch with reality and willing to sacrifice all norms in the name of progressivism.”
    In 1999, President Bill Clinton offered Lopez-Rivera clemency, but he refused because it would have required him to renounce terrorism.

    https://nypost.com/2017/01/17/puerto...reed-by-obama/



    Obama’s 78 Pardons and 153 Commutations

    Just weeks before leaving office, President Obama on Monday issued 78 pardons and commuted the sentences of 153 prisoners, extending his acts of clemency to a total of 1,324 individuals, one of the larger uses of the presidential power to show mercy in modern presidential history.


    Whataboutism.
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    What laws has he broken?
    man, you are really suffering under the delusion that you have a chance in hell of putting that old b!tch in the WH.
    Red herring.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    Interesting, you seem to be OK with railroading an innocent man just to push a political agenda.
    Strawman.

    So far 3 for 3.
    Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don't like what I post, ignore me. I'll post what I want, when I want, and where I want, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it.

    - GA

  9. #7
    Points: 50,811, Level: 55
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,739
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    38549
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18,516
    Points
    50,811
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    32,704
    Thanked 9,565x in 6,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Whataboutism.Red herring.Strawman.

    So far 3 for 3.
    how in the hell did you end up with that from my post? Can't understand common English?
    So again, what laws has he broken?
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    Grokmaster (04-17-2018)

  11. #8
    Points: 98,577, Level: 76
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2612797
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    42,779
    Points
    98,577
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    20,219
    Thanked 19,278x in 13,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    986 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    how in the hell did you end up with that from my post? Can't understand common English?
    So again, what laws has he broken?
    Red herring...
    Red herring is a kind of fallacy that is an irrelevant topic introduced in an argument to divert the attention of listeners or readers from the original issue.
    That one was free...
    Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don't like what I post, ignore me. I'll post what I want, when I want, and where I want, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it.

    - GA

  12. #9
    Points: 64,467, Level: 62
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,083
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    211186
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    24,863
    Points
    64,467
    Level
    62
    Thanks Given
    12,546
    Thanked 12,295x in 8,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    .Strawman.So far 3 for 3.
    Strawman ?? Are you claiming the DC court of appeals intentionally misrepresented their ruling ?? .................. *The next year, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals unanimously reinstated Mr. Libby to the bar, reauthorizing him to practice law. The Court agreed with the District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel, who stated that Mr. Libby had presented 'credible evidence' in support of his innocence, including evidence that a key prosecution witness had 'changed her recollection of the events in question,'"* ............. Sorry Safety, but your strawman comment is what's intentionally misleading.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

    Grokmaster (04-17-2018),stjames1_53 (04-17-2018)

  14. #10
    Points: 50,811, Level: 55
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,739
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    38549
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18,516
    Points
    50,811
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    32,704
    Thanked 9,565x in 6,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Red herring...

    That one was free...
    YOU posted it, so it's relevant.....what laws has Trump broken. I know you don't have and answer because he's broken no laws....you just cannot accept that one fact...........
    Why would he pardon Pol Pot? He's not an American citizen sitting in an American prison
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO