User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Cohen and tRump fail to block DOJ review of seized documents

  1. #11
    Points: 139,902, Level: 90
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,148
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    251613
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    61,659
    Points
    139,902
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    7,142
    Thanked 20,576x in 15,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lberals are completely insane.

  2. #12
    Points: 61,534, Level: 60
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    210598
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    24,075
    Points
    61,534
    Level
    60
    Thanks Given
    12,257
    Thanked 11,707x in 7,909 Posts
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    federal judge denied Trump's and Cohen's request to block the DOJ from reviewing documents seized by the FBIDOJ gets them first, then Cohen's team, then tRumps.Big loss for Trump and Cohen.
    *To that end, Wood ruled that prosecutors must turn over seized documents to Cohen's lawyers so that they can inform the court of which materials they deem privileged. She said that after Cohen's team comes back with an estimate of how many documents should be withheld, she will decide whether a "taint team" is sufficient to separate privileged materials out, or whether an independent lawyer should be tasked with doing so.* ................ All ^^ this from your link, doesn't seem that "blocked" to me.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

  3. #13
    Points: 94,831, Level: 75
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 2,519
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    1253367
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    34,850
    Points
    94,831
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    15,631
    Thanked 11,592x in 8,430 Posts
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    *To that end, Wood ruled that prosecutors must turn over seized documents to Cohen's lawyers so that they can inform the court of which materials they deem privileged. She said that after Cohen's team comes back with an estimate of how many documents should be withheld, she will decide whether a "taint team" is sufficient to separate privileged materials out, or whether an independent lawyer should be tasked with doing so.* ................ All ^^ this from your link, doesn't seem that "blocked" to me.
    Sorry, thought I had linked this one as well:. https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-...scited-the-law

    U.S. District Court Judge Kimba Wood denied the requests and ruled that prosecutors will get first access to the information, followed by Cohen’s defense team ten days later.
    I don't insult, I diagnose.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

    Safety (04-16-2018)

  5. #14
    Points: 91,174, Level: 73
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,076
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2611590
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    39,662
    Points
    91,174
    Level
    73
    Thanks Given
    18,821
    Thanked 18,070x in 12,183 Posts
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    It's amazing isn't it? These are supposed to be functional human beings, with jobs and friends and everything!
    I used to think so, until they openly supported Trump with the expectation he would be anything other than a con man. It’s amusing to see the lengths they go to in order to justify his $#@!-ups.
    Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don't like what I post, ignore me. I'll post what I want, when I want, and where I want, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it.

    - GA

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

    Crepitus (04-16-2018)

  7. #15
    Points: 91,174, Level: 73
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,076
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2611590
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    39,662
    Points
    91,174
    Level
    73
    Thanks Given
    18,821
    Thanked 18,070x in 12,183 Posts
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Sorry, thought I had linked this one as well:. https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-...scited-the-law
    If it was #emailgate, trust me that he would have done the homework for you, instead of trying to nitpick.
    Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don't like what I post, ignore me. I'll post what I want, when I want, and where I want, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it.

    - GA

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

    Crepitus (04-16-2018)

  9. #16
    Points: 61,534, Level: 60
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    210598
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    24,075
    Points
    61,534
    Level
    60
    Thanks Given
    12,257
    Thanked 11,707x in 7,909 Posts
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Sorry, thought I had linked this one as well:. https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-...scited-the-law
    It was a compromise not a "block". The Cohen team is allowed to review what's "privilege" and state their case.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

  10. #17
    Points: 61,534, Level: 60
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    210598
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    24,075
    Points
    61,534
    Level
    60
    Thanks Given
    12,257
    Thanked 11,707x in 7,909 Posts
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    If it was #emailgate, trust me that he would have done the homework for you, instead of trying to nitpick.
    To bad you didn't do your homework concerning #emailgate, you might not come across looking so foolish. ........... If explaining the difference between "blocked" and compromise is nitpicking, so be it. Which again makes you look foolish.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

  11. #18
    Points: 94,831, Level: 75
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 2,519
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    1253367
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    34,850
    Points
    94,831
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    15,631
    Thanked 11,592x in 8,430 Posts
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    It was a compromise not a "block". The Cohen team is allowed to review what's "privilege" and state their case.
    But they are not allowed to extract what they didn't want seen before anyone else gets a look. That's what they wanted to do, and what they were prevented from doing.
    I don't insult, I diagnose.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

    Safety (04-16-2018)

  13. #19
    Points: 43,163, Level: 50
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Grokmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5418
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,242
    Points
    43,163
    Level
    50
    Thanks Given
    11,215
    Thanked 5,249x in 3,604 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    But they are not allowed to extract what they didn't want seen before anyone else gets a look. That's what they wanted to do, and what they were prevented from doing.
    "...The government claims that for any communications between Cohen and Trump or another client, a so-called taint team will consult with lawyers for Cohen and Trump and try to reach agreement on whether particular documents are protected. Disputes will be brought to the court to determine the issue before the team investigating the case would have access to the documents.."


    Are y'all REALLY THAT THICK, that you CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS?????


    Buncha leftist nimrods...I swear....
    Last edited by Grokmaster; 04-16-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    De Oppresso Liber



  14. #20
    Points: 94,831, Level: 75
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 2,519
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    1253367
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    34,850
    Points
    94,831
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    15,631
    Thanked 11,592x in 8,430 Posts
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    "...The government claims that for any communications between Cohen and Trump or another client, a so-called taint team will consult with lawyers for Cohen and Trump and try to reach agreement on whether particular documents are protected. Disputes will be brought to the court to determine the issue before the team investigating the case would have access to the documents.."


    Are y'all REALLY THAT THICK, that you CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS?????


    Buncha leftist nimrods...I swear....
    No, but apparently you are.
    I don't insult, I diagnose.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO