Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hospice Killing the sick & Weak

Hospice kills. I am not sure if all Hospices are created equal, but the word needs to get out. A crime of epic proportions is happening on our watch to our loved ones. Something needs to be done. Getting the word out might be enough to make a change.

Years ago my grandmother who was very elderly became weak and it became hard for my grandfather to care for her so he put her in a home. I am not sure of her entire story I don't know how she ended up in hospice. But once there they began to give her large doses of morphine they told my mother that they would increase it every hour till she passed away. My grandmother died within hours. It was really like assisted suicide. I didn't freak out too much even though I really love my grandmother and it was a great loss to this world because my grandmother had lost her eyesight and she told me that she really didn't want to live anymore because she was too sick to enjoy life. So as horrible as it all was I dealt with the loss and let it go.

But last month it happened again, now this is too much to just let it go. My grandfather had a stroke. He was taken to the ER, they admitted him and the attending physician to my grandfather told my mother that my grandfather would never eat or talk or move again and that he should just go to hospice. But my grandfather did start to be able to eat again, and he started to get back some movement, and be able to get out some sentences. A neurologist came in to see my mother and told her that the stroke was minor and that he expected my grandfather to make a full recovery. But for some strange reason the dr's and nurses ignored that, and continued to tell my mother that my grandfather was dying and that he needed to go to hospice that he had less than 6 months to live.

On Sunday March 4th grandpa had the stroke within a few days he was improving, even so the drs insisted he was declining. By midweek the hospital stopped my grandfathers Iv and stopped feeding him. But my mother fed him. My mother had arranged for him to go to a VA hospice he even had a VA social worker. But the hospital decided that they were going to take my grandfather to the hospice that they were affiliated with agaist my mothers will. She did not sign and they came and took my grandfather by force. I freaked out I told my mother don't let them take him. I did the research and found that hospice is in league with the hospitals and nursing homes and that they get kick backs for referring patients. I also found that Hospice gets gov funding depending on how many deaths go through their door. I begged my mother to get him out.

She said she contacted the VA social worker and that they were furious and were going to come and get my grandfather out of that hospice the next day. So I had a sigh of relief, I said ok he should be safe if it is just overnight. Keep in mind my grandfather is recovering and he really hasn't been given enough time yet to see how much he will recover. Hospice took him on Friday the 9th.

Once admitted they started administering the morphine. My grandfather was not in pain. My mother asked them to not give him the morphine, she told them to give him Aleve instead. Aleve is the strongest medication my grandpa ever would take. They told her to not question what they were doing that this is just what they do. By morning my grandfather was not alive anymore. My grandfather died within 15 hours of getting the morphine drip. He didn't live long enough for the VA hospice to come and get him.

Morphine makes death appear natural because it stops the breathing.
    My grandfather did not die, he was murdered. It was all legal. And, don't you dare question authority. This is a crime against humanity. We aren't allowed to stop them, we aren't allowed to speak up. My grandfather is not the only victim, thousands across this country every day are dying unnatural deaths. So what if they are going to die anyways in some cases. All everyone wants is one last moment of comfort one last meal. Or, to be with their loved ones for that one more moment. Who are we to take that from them. Who the hell are we.

The elderly are not throw away people. Just because they cant work. The world we see around us is only here because of them. They built and created this world we live in. They poured our sidewalks, built infrastructure. They created laws, they protected our country. They are part of us. They should be venerated and appreciated and thanked for their contribution, not thrown away because they are no longer useful.

It is not just elderly in hospice either. It is anyone who a dr says has 6 months or less to live that can go to hospice we are talking about anyone who is sick it can be cancer or what ever and it can be adults or children or elderly. This is really happening. Until it happens to someone you love or someone you know, you wont know about it. But clearly this is happening every day everywhere and it is a real crime. It is murder.

I was so horrified by this that I don't even want to talk about it or think about it. But I wanted to just say it this time to get the word out. I don't want to dwell on it because it is too painful. But it really needs to be known.

I will add some links so that you can see I am not the only one saying this. First I will link an article and this article has a story but that was not what affected me it was the comments to the story that followed where people came to say #my loved one too. Here is the link.......http://hospice-uncovered.blogspot.com/2010/01/hospice-and-what-they-will-not-tell-you.html Please get the word out this needs to stop Here is another link it does not have comments but it is valid none the less http://www.hospicepatients.org/anato...machine-1.html

Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 04-17-2018 at 05:01 AM.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thats criminal on a huge level, that is outright murder
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-17-2018),KathyS (04-21-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    wow thats criminal on a huge level, that is outright murder
    It's truly unbelievable even to me now. It is so hard to fathom. But it's real.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Hospice kills. I am not sure if all Hospices are created equal, but the word needs to get out. A crime of epic proportions is happening on our watch to our loved ones. Something needs to be done. Getting the word out might be enough to make a change.

Years ago my grandmother who was very elderly became weak and it became hard for my grandfather to care for her so he put her in a home. I am not sure of her entire story I don't know how she ended up in hospice. But once there they began to give her large doses of morphine they told my mother that they would increase it every hour till she passed away. My grandmother died within hours. It was really like assisted suicide. I didn't freak out too much even though I really love my grandmother and it was a great loss to this world because my grandmother had lost her eyesight and she told me that she really didn't want to live anymore because she was too sick to enjoy life. So as horrible as it all was I dealt with the loss and let it go.

But last month it happened again, now this is too much to just let it go. My grandfather had a stroke. He was taken to the ER, they admitted him and the attending physician to my grandfather told my mother that my grandfather would never eat or talk or move again and that he should just go to hospice. But my grandfather did start to be able to eat again, and he started to get back some movement, and be able to get out some sentences. A neurologist came in to see my mother and told her that the stroke was minor and that he expected my grandfather to make a full recovery. But for some strange reason the dr's and nurses ignored that, and continued to tell my mother that my grandfather was dying and that he needed to go to hospice that he had less than 6 months to live.

On Sunday March 4th grandpa had the stroke within a few days he was improving, even so the drs insisted he was declining. By midweek the hospital stopped my grandfathers Iv and stopped feeding him. But my mother fed him. My mother had arranged for him to go to a VA hospice he even had a VA social worker. But the hospital decided that they were going to take my grandfather to the hospice that they were affiliated with agaist my mothers will. She did not sign and they came and took my grandfather by force. I freaked out I told my mother don't let them take him. I did the research and found that hospice is in league with the hospitals and nursing homes and that they get kick backs for referring patients. I also found that Hospice gets gov funding depending on how many deaths go through their door. I begged my mother to get him out.

She said she contacted the VA social worker and that they were furious and were going to come and get my grandfather out of that hospice the next day. So I had a sigh of relief, I said ok he should be safe if it is just overnight. Keep in mind my grandfather is recovering and he really hasn't been given enough time yet to see how much he will recover. Hospice took him on Friday the 9th.

Once admitted they started administering the morphine. My grandfather was not in pain. My mother asked them to not give him the morphine, she told them to give him Aleve instead. Aleve is the strongest medication my grandpa ever would take. They told her to not question what they were doing that this is just what they do. By morning my grandfather was not alive anymore. My grandfather died within 15 hours of getting the morphine drip. He didn't live long enough for the VA hospice to come and get him.

My grandfather did not die, he was murdered. It was all legal. And, don't you dare question authority. This is a crime against humanity. We aren't allowed to stop them, we aren't allowed to speak up. My grandfather is not the only victim, thousands across this country every day are dying unnatural deaths. So what if they are going to die anyways in some cases. All everyone wants is one last moment of comfort one last meal. Or, to be with their loved ones for that one more moment. Who are we to take that from them. Who the hell are we.

The elderly are not throw away people. Just because they cant work. The world we see around us is only here because of them. They built and created this world we live in. They poured our sidewalks, built infrastructure. They created laws, they protected our country. They are part of us. They should be venerated and appreciated and thanked for their contribution, not thrown away because they are no longer useful.

It is not just elderly in hospice either. It is anyone who a dr says has 6 months or less to live that can go to hospice we are talking about anyone who is sick it can be cancer or what ever and it can be adults or children or elderly. This is really happening. Until it happens to someone you love or someone you know, you wont know about it. But clearly this is happening every day everywhere and it is a real crime. It is murder.

I was so horrified by this that I don't even want to talk about it or think about it. But I wanted to just say it this time to get the word out. I don't want to dwell on it because it is too painful. But it really needs to be known.

I will add some links so that you can see I am not the only one saying this. First I will link an article and this article has a story but that was not what affected me it was the comments to the story that followed where people came to say #my loved one too. Here is the link.......http://hospice-uncovered.blogspot.com/2010/01/hospice-and-what-they-will-not-tell-you.html Please get the word out this needs to stop Here is another link it does not have comments but it is valid none the less http://www.hospicepatients.org/anato...machine-1.html

Hospice does some tremendous work as well. Their philosophy is to treat the pain of the dying even if that slightly hastens their death and they have signed paperwork from the patient and or family.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,526x in 94,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not happy with the hospice my mother died at.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An old man passed away, and hospice took virtually all his remaining assets, and left almost nothing for his heir.The charges for doing NOTHING were outrageous!

This is a big SCAM!Its like the so called "death panels'!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

gamewell45 (04-17-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post

Sounds like you ought to contact your State Attorney Generals office and make them aware of this. That is just plain wrong.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

KathyS (04-21-2018)

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,562
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,991x in 18,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can believe it. I'm sorry for your losses.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,562
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,991x in 18,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I don't understand, though, is why family members didn't have a say in the treatment....it would fall to, next of kin and, the doctors should have been discussing different forms of treatment with that person.....not just saying, "this is what we're doing" and taking him.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find this hard to believe. Someone else would have reported it and it would have stopped,The AMA would take a doctor's license away and a DA would have brought charges.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

+ Reply to Thread