Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kindness is Awesome!

No matter who we are we all have a seed of kindness in us. All of us are here today because of the kindness of others. Had it not been for the fact that someone nurtured you and fed you and clothed you, you would not have made it past infancy. Some of us were not so lucky and experienced a lot of suffering but even so, without kindness and care you would not be here.

Kindness exists in many forms. There are kindnesses that you experience that you don't even know about. Food is farmed so much care and work goes into every bite of food that is on your plate. Without the kindness of others the whole system we live in would crumble. It is because kindness triumphs over all else that life exists.

Even trees offer kindness on a hot day offering you a bit of shade and when the trees exhale they offer cool fresh air. The earth offers you kindness by it's very existence because without her you would not be.

Some try to appear tough and cold. But look at a lion they will kill baby animals and so on but, they do still have seeds of kindness in them. They nurture their cubs delicately and with love and kindness without that basic nature lions would not exist.

There are moments in life that define us. There are moments where your humanity is called into action and from your basic nature you act. You may even surprise yourself from time to time. No matter what our opinions and deep held beliefs, humanity has the upper hand and it drives us beyond our will and the goodness of man goes on from heart to heart since the dawn of time.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common (04-23-2018),Orion Rules (04-22-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,958x in 55,587 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Mom and Dad were very kind while raising me. Although my Dad was a disciplinarian. He made me work in the yard every day before I could go out waterskiing with my buddies. It used to piss me off when I was a kid.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-23-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    My Mom and Dad were very kind while raising me. Although my Dad was a disciplinarian. He made me work in the yard every day before I could go out waterskiing with my buddies. It used to piss me off when I was a kid.
    That is the way it is. It all depends on our understanding at the time. My father used to lecture me for hours when I was a teenager trying to set me on the right path it would normally end with me storming off and slamming a door. I seen it as an act of aggression and total lack of care for me and my life.

It is a shame to look back on it now. I now see that it was the kindest and most selfless care. The fact that even though this temperamental teen would flip out he would still take the time and put himself in the line of fire anyways just trying to show me all the care he could. It is strange that sometimes we can think someone is harming us when they are actually offering us great care and sacrifice. It all depends on our understanding.

What a wonderful seed your dad sowed in you I am not sure but, perhaps it was something like, yes I want you to enjoy your life, but always know you should work and take care of your responsibilities first.

Our parents doing their best to shape us into the best possible beings we can be. It can seem like the greatest unkindness to us when we cant see the whole picture, but perhaps it is the greatest and most selfless kindness of all. I am not speaking of all parents of course but to those who did have loving parents.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without kindness, the world becomes an ugly, unmanageable Hell.
    Everyday, I try to help someone out and do a good deed.
    I have been blessed with some truly good people in my life who helped me in my time of need.
    And I will be there for them if they need me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (05-25-2018),Orion Rules (05-29-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,033x in 24,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Without kindness, the world becomes an ugly, unmanageable Hell.
    Everyday, I try to help someone out and do a good deed.
    I have been blessed with some truly good people in my life who helped me in my time of need.
    And I will be there for them if they need me.
    Ditto.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (05-25-2018)

+ Reply to Thread