User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lab-Grown Meat Is Coming to Your Supermarket. Ranchers Are Fighting Back.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    It will still be made of meat. Animal cells, just as if it was cut off the cow.
    Well, I believe the cells will be derived from an animal but I'm not sure it will look like and taste like a steak. I believe the texture will be different too. The cells will be cloned but not every cell will be individually cloned. I think they might start with a few cloned cells and then they will need to feed the cells so that the cells will grow on their own. Weather or not the cells are cloned, they will need to be fed. What will they feed the cells? Corn syrup? Soy milk combined with corn syrup? It would have to be some kind of liquid derived from plant material.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpster For This Useful Post:

Chris (05-02-2018)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Let us note that JUST is exploring a shift in technology. In the past, they have used AI to discover healthier but still natural substitutes for things like mayonnaise. What they are doing now is using new technology to clone animal muscle to create what seems to me to be artifical meat.
    The art of "artifical meat" is just not possible since the flesh substance is that same as what was created. You clearly get nothing at all regarding the level of cruelty that has been leveled against the animal kingdom so you can trod selfishly on. You just think nothing of any of it.

The fact that thousands of horses, mares and wild stallions, their young, as well as other assortments of animals have been destroyed so you can eat.

The numbers of Horus' own beginning in 2018 sent to slaughter to are there more than 20,000 horses of 'let us lend to lease everything in a moment',

Bought and sold horses at auction bought at cheap prices so they can be sold again on the chopping block as their way of life was destroyed, element,

Shipped and sent to slaughterhouses, horses are, and your first priority is what you may have for realistic causes, it can't be fake enough that element.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    When the scripture states that death will be the last enemy to be abolished, or destroyed, is death (I Corinthians 15:26), that when the decent folk begin to realize exactly what happens to animals during the process of what is called "industrial farming," and you call that a "spiritual element" that will be lost? Offending no one, you are lost.
    You're way out of context:

1 Corinthians 15:20-26 New International Version (NIV)
    20 ... Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...26&version=NIV

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it looks right and it tastes right and it isn't dangerous I don't care.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Well, I believe the cells will be derived from an animal but I'm not sure it will look like and taste like a steak. I believe the texture will be different too. The cells will be cloned but not every cell will be individually cloned. I think they might start with a few cloned cells and then they will need to feed the cells so that the cells will grow on their own. Weather or not the cells are cloned, they will need to be fed. What will they feed the cells? Corn syrup? Soy milk combined with corn syrup? It would have to be some kind of liquid derived from plant material.
    I would just like to add something: Many of those who don't eat animal protein because they object to animal cruelty, may like the idea artificial meat. But many of them are also environmental activists who don't like monoculture (i.e. tens of thousands or millions of acres consisting of one crop) If, as I suspect, the cloned cells will be fed liquid soy and corn syrup, there may be more acreage devoted to monoculture. And that would likely require more pesticides and herbicides used on GMO corn and soy. Like I said before, they might solve one problem and create another. It's just something to think about.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,903x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    If it looks right and it tastes right and it isn't dangerous I don't care.
    It's taken me a long time to get used to yogurt.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's taken me a long time to get used to yogurt.
    No, No. The idea of bacterial growth as a good thing is something I can't get past.If they called it something else I might try it.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Chris (05-04-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Lummy:
    Then when you say Grace at a meal, who or what would you thank? The Great Petri Dish? The robot that mixed up the batch? Will cannibalism thus be permissible (human flesh has been described as pretty good, similar to veal or pork). Will people eat themselves, therein offending no one?

The spiritual element will be lost, I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    When the scripture states that death will be the last enemy to be abolished, or destroyed, is death (I Corinthians 15:26), that when the decent folk begin to realize exactly what happens to animals during the process of what is called "industrial farming," and you call that a "spiritual element" that will be lost? Offending no one, you are lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    You're way out of context:

1 Corinthians 15:20-26 New International Version (NIV)
    20 ... Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...26&version=NIV

When good people find out what animals have gone through in other to be brought to their table, after they ate a cereal offering that morning, of they see the reality as in what was it like during their last breaths...Wild horses, too, sent to slaughterhouses that used to roam on wild lands, and what did the President of the United States do with that Congressional pen he has, while Satan has been on the loose?

I Corinthians + 23 But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits,+ afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.
    + 24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.
    + 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.
    + 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.
    + 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.”+ But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’+ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him.
    + 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him,+ that God may be all things to everyone.+
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Sixty senior rabbis call for end to ‘evil crime’ of live animal shipments"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/sixty-...mal-shipments/

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,903x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Chicken by end of year.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

+ Reply to Thread