Members banned from this thread: MMC, Safety and Agent Zero

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Time for tPF Amnesty?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,397x in 54,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Chris were you here when Dadakarma and her crew of leftists was part of the membership?

Maybe we can get her to come back around with all of her crew. I know she was back to hanging out at DC Junkies.

I wonder if anyone is doing any advertising to get members to join?

I did put up a card in a local puter store saying needed....Left leaning for a political site as the left was getting steamrolled.

No, don't recall Dadakarma. Must've been way in the early days.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MMC (05-04-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, don't recall Dadakarma. Must've been way in the early days.
    Ah......She is one that has like 5 or 6 others that roll with her wherever she goes. I think she got banned from here.

What happened to Cap? Captain Obvious.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya Chris were you here when Dadakarma and her crew of leftists was part of the membership?

Maybe we can get her to come back around with all of her crew. I know she was back to hanging out at DC Junkies.

I wonder if anyone is doing any advertising to get members to join?

I did put up a card in a local puter store saying needed....Left leaning for a political site as the left was getting steamrolled.
    DadaKarma was an alt she used, DCjunkies was shut down Id say a year ago, we got a couple of those banned from DC junkies that came here and in turn got banned here eventually.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

MMC (05-04-2018)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah......She is one that has like 5 or 6 others that roll with her wherever she goes. I think she got banned from here.

He left because someone insulted his family more than once.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

MMC (05-04-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    He left because someone insulted his family more than once.
    Yeah.....family members shouldn't even be brought up. Usually its not those on the Right bringing others family members into it.

Most of the time its the left. They will say something about somebody's Mom or Dad, or a Spouse. Then there is their most famous one about living in moms basement.

Seen it take place on about 7 or 8 sites. Non stop.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,397x in 54,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ah, that one. Socks in socks in socks.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MMC (05-04-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ah, that one. Socks in socks in socks.

You know if we take down the sign....No barefeet. We mights get more wimmens around here.

One thing all should be about doing with a site trying to grow membership. All need to start greeting new members. Welcome them in, and IMO opinion. Both sides of the divide should be hitting up the leisure threads and keeping activity going.

There isn't anything to argue about with Music Threads, TV shows, Sports etc etc.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,247x in 12,373 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the first TPF thread in several days that I've had any interest in responding to. As others have noted (in so many words), when most every new thread is just one more "libs are evil" circle jerk, and any attempt to respond rationally to the topic results in a dog-pile of insults and innuendo, why the Hell would one bother?

Ethereal and I have had our differences in the past, and I know that a good part of the hostility on his part has come about as the result of bad judgments on mine. Things were said publicly that ought to have been dealt with privately; that's on me, and I am genuinely sorry. I respect him for the sentiments and honesty that he has expressed in this thread. If any one member can lead some manner of successful salvage job on this forum, it is him. My personal opinion is that it's too late, but I could be mistaken.

These days, I spend most of what little time I can spare to boards like this somewhere else. A challenging and respectful give-and-take is what I, personally, am looking for, and I have found those to be increasingly hard to find on this forum. As I have always said, not everyone comes to places like this for anything like the same reason - and right now, too many people are here in order to exercise their hatred and mistrust of any thing or person they perceive to be "liberal", and to do so in the strongest, oftentimes extreme and hyperbolic way. If that's what you are looking for in a "discussion" forum, you should be happy here and have no motivation to do anything differently.

If you're a self-identified conservative and you bristle at being labeled a "racist" because of your views on immigration, a "nutjob" because of your positions on the Second Amendment and gun control, or a "Nazi" for some other ideological beliefs that you hold, then you know how it feels to be personally attacked for your honestly held and expressed opinions. It should not be a mystery to you why people subjected to such treatment on a regular basis simply pick up and leave after awhile.

Trump has been poison to anything approaching civil discussion on this forum. In a perfect world, attacks on the man's foibles, lies and demonstrated ignorance should be coming from all quarters and agreed upon by all parties, regardless of Party affiliation or ideology; then all could move past him and debate the actual issues: immigration, gun control, race relations, etc. Instead, too many members seem to feel obligated to waste time defending the indefensible, to kill the messenger and praise the Emperor's new clothes, to seriously mix some metaphors. It should be possible to discuss, argue and debate the issues without involving him...but increasingly, and unfortunately, that just doesn't happen.

Anyway - my two cents. Best of luck to the forum and to all its members.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (05-04-2018),Ethereal (05-04-2018),MMC (05-04-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,473x in 15,895 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Trump has been poison to anything approaching civil discussion on this forum. In a perfect world, attacks on the man's foibles, lies and demonstrated ignorance should be coming from all quarters and agreed upon by all parties, regardless of Party affiliation or ideology; then all could move past him and debate the actual issues: immigration, gun control, race relations, etc. Instead, too many members seem to feel obligated to waste time defending the indefensible, to kill the messenger and praise the Emperor's new clothes, to seriously mix some metaphors. It should be possible to discuss, argue and debate the issues without involving him...but increasingly, and unfortunately, that just doesn't happen.

Here is the problem. I think everyone here knows Trump has a big mouth, is tactless, and does not fit the conventional thinking image of what a President should be. What is being ignored by many though, is his effectiveness. Trump has accomplished more good for the country in less than a year and a half than Obama did in eight, but so many of you refuse to give him credit because you don't like his hair or the fact that he is often loud and obnoxious.

Me, I can live with his deficiencies as long as he continues to produce.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-04-2018),MMC (05-04-2018)

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This place has turned into a nursing home for angry old Republican men. The only counter to this are a smattering of feisty libertarians. But it isn't enough to make this place diverse or interesting.

So is it time to consider amnesty for posters who were banned? It has gotten so bad that I don't even care if you bring Bethere back. Bring them all back. I cannot stand one more thread with nothing but angry old nursing home denizens shaking their canes at the sky.

This forum is in desperate need of some balance and spice, otherwise it will just turn into a smaller version of Trinnity's forum.

As for their past rule breaking, so what? The nursing home gang throws around insults with a frequency and severity to easily match del on his worst day. Why should they get a free pass while other members are banned? It just doesn't seem fair to me.
    You start by insulting a group and then talk of civility and end with the same insult. You want taken seriously?

I had to take time off and I came back to the samo samo. I am what I am and so are you and everyone else. I'm going to be here less andIi doubt it makes any difference.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

MMC (05-04-2018)

+ Reply to Thread