Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Okay, gotcha. As a suggestion, you might make your pitch to the Admin/mods in here and see what response you get back.
    Well I just assumed they'd read this thread and take it into consideration. But without support from the forum community, it's unlikely to make a difference. Perhaps after a few days of feeling things out, I can post a poll and get an official count on how the community feels.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (05-04-2018),gamewell45 (05-03-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Well I just assumed they'd read this thread and take it into consideration. But without support from the forum community, it's unlikely to make a difference. Perhaps after a few days of feeling things out, I can post a poll and get an official count on how the community feels.
    Sounds like a good idea.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (05-03-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to try and blame anyone, but I will accept responsibility for the role I played in it. You were right, I was wrong. Let's fix it.
    Well, at least I can see you are sincere about it, but I don't know how many people are willing to give a second chance to a place that they feel wrongly expelled them.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Well, at least I can see you are sincere about it, but I don't know how many people are willing to give a second chance to a place that they feel wrongly expelled them.
    I don't know either. But at least they will have the option. Something needs to be done, because this isn't working.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This place has turned into a nursing home for angry old Republican men. The only counter to this are a smattering of feisty libertarians. But it isn't enough to make this place diverse or interesting.

So is it time to consider amnesty for posters who were banned? It has gotten so bad that I don't even care if you bring Bethere back. Bring them all back. I cannot stand one more thread with nothing but angry old nursing home denizens shaking their canes at the sky.

This forum is in desperate need of some balance and spice, otherwise it will just turn into a smaller version of Trinnity's forum.

As for their past rule breaking, so what? The nursing home gang throws around insults with a frequency and severity to easily match del on his worst day. Why should they get a free pass while other members are banned? It just doesn't seem fair to me.
    I do appreciate libertarian challenges and I've said that many times. The discussions are typically civil and...well actually interesting. Not sure how I feel about this idea though. Do I really want a bethere crowing about how the forum couldn't go on without him? Who was banned anyway? bethere, del, Cigar and a bunch of "WN" none of whom I can remember because their stays were so short.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know either. But at least they will have the option. Something needs to be done, because this isn't working.
    Honestly, I think part of the problem is that there just aren't many engaging topics. Granted, I haven't helped. I've started a handful of threads since the Fall.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I do appreciate libertarian challenges and I've said that many times. The discussions are typically civil and...well actually interesting. Not sure how I feel about this idea though. Do I really want a bethere crowing about how the forum couldn't go on without him? Who was banned anyway? bethere, del, Cigar and a bunch of "WN" none of whom I can remember because their stays were so short.
    Here is a list of the posters who have been banned since August of 2016: http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...ow-Forum-Rules

A good amount of liberals and conservatives.

Bring them all back, I say. This place is becoming incredibly boring and lame.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I think part of the problem is that there just aren't many engaging topics. Granted, I haven't helped. I've started a handful of threads since the Fall.
    Kudos, however, to Peter and Common who try to rev the forum up in the mornings with current events etc.

~Alain de Benoist

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

William (05-03-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is a list of the posters who have been banned since August of 2016: http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...ow-Forum-Rules

A good amount of liberals and conservatives.

Bring them all back, I say. This place is becoming incredibly boring and lame.
    Looking over the list there are quite a few who should never have been banned in the first place. Some were socks though.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody wants to start any threads in this environment because the nursing home gang will just descend on them like a swarm of locusts.
    --John Adams

+ Reply to Thread