Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Republicans and Democrats have been in positions of power and influence for so long that they fancy themselves something approaching a God. As a libertarian, I've had to endure their hostility and condescension for years. Both "sides" are guilty of this. They feel entitled to insult and demean people simply for having an unconventional or opposing viewpoint. And, yes, many so-called "adults" seem stuck in their adolescent phase of development, preferring cheap insults to actual debate. As someone who is relatively younger, I must say I am constantly surprised at how lacking in maturity some of these older people can be. In fact, I would say the most mature posters tend to be the youngest ones - Green Arrow, Chloe, William, Adelaide, Ravens Fan, etc. That's pretty damn disgraceful if you ask me.
    Not for nothing my friend but you have participated in some of the most boorish immature discussions here. I will not do a search and destroy you because it would serve no positive purpose to embarrass you.

We, and myself too, are guilty in our past postings and have to look forward to more favorable interactions on tPF. I feel we have to a great degree since the Purges, so there's that.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Tahuyaman (05-03-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,645x in 56,028 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You asked a loaded question, like you always do. You are a troll.
    Your inability to answer an easy question doesn't make me a troll.

Can you explain why so many people hold others to standards they refuse to hold for them self?

Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,583x in 26,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Not for nothing my friend but you have participated in some of the most boorish immature discussions here. I will not do a search and destroy you because it would serve no positive purpose to embarrass you.

We, and myself too, are guilty in our past postings and have to look forward to more favorable interactions on tPF. I feel we have to a great degree since the Purges, so there's that.
    Like so many posters here, you fail to distinguish between defending oneself and attacking others.

If someone disrespects me, then I will disrespect them back. Why is that so difficult for some people to comprehend?

I am more than happy to have civil, respectful disagreements with other posters. I have demonstrated that hundreds if not thousands of times since I've been here. But when someone insults me, attacks me, or otherwise disrespects me, then I'm going to hit back.

So please tell me what I have to be embarrassed about? Defending myself from endless insults and disrespect? I doubt there is anything you could say or do to make me feel embarrassed about that.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see donttread get attacked all the time, yet he is one of the most polite posters around. It's mostly because he's a libertarian. The only difference between donttread and myself is that he's better at letting those things go, whereas I am the kind of person who fights back hard. But we're both subjected to the same kind of treatment regardless, and it's because defenders of the status quo feel entitled to disrespect us on account of our unconventional viewpoints.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-04-2018)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post

My question obviously struck a nerve with someone else, but I'll ask you. Maybe you can explain it.

Why do so many people demand others to observe certain standards which they won't observe themselves?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

MMC (05-04-2018)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see donttread get attacked all the time, yet he is one of the most polite posters around. It's mostly because he's a libertarian. The only difference between donttread and myself is that he's better at letting those things go, whereas I am the kind of person who fights back hard. But we're both subjected to the same kind of treatment regardless, and it's because defenders of the status quo feel entitled to disrespect us on account of our unconventional viewpoints.
    That's not why anyone attacks you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

MMC (05-04-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    That's not why anyone attacks you.
    You attack literally everyone who disagrees with you. It is amazing how you've been able to get away with it for so long.
    --John Adams

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (05-11-2018),Orion Rules (06-16-2018)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like so many posters here, you fail to distinguish between defending oneself and attacking others.

If someone disrespects me, then I will disrespect them back. Why is that so difficult for some people to comprehend?

I am more than happy to have civil, respectful disagreements with other posters. I have demonstrated that hundreds if not thousands of times since I've been here. But when someone insults me, attacks me, or otherwise disrespects me, then I'm going to hit back.

So please tell me what I have to be embarrassed about? Defending myself from endless insults and disrespect? I doubt there is anything you could say or do to make me feel embarrassed about that.

The thing that gets me in threads like this is the sanctimonious declarations from people that have sinned. They invariably give the "he made me do it" thing but that is really a cop-out.

I say these things more to clear the air rather than to insult you or any other poster.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You attack literally everyone who disagrees with you. It is amazing how you've been able to get away with it for so long.

You're wrong. I engage people who disagree with me on a variety of issues. Countering a view and trying to get someone to defend their ideas is not an attack. It's called engaging in a debate or discussion.

You are one who can't tolerate any disagreement. Everyone who disagrees with you is an ignorant fool.

Still you side-step my original question. You aren't showing any weakness by answering honestly.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 05-03-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    My question obviously struck a nerve with someone else, but I'll ask you. Maybe you can explain it.

Why do so many people demand others to observe certain standards which they won't observe themselves?
    ?? Maybe people cannot stand off and look inward at a gripe they themselves cannot admit to having done.??

I know what an awful $#@! I was back when I joined tPF and later on. I am ashamed of those things...especially while posting when I was a heavy drinker at night. lol

+ Reply to Thread