User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas gop candidate's trust fund paid his children to marry someone white

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,275
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Texas gop candidate's trust fund paid his children to marry someone white

A Texas Republican running for Dallas County Commissioner encouraged his children to marry someone of the same race by rewarding them with cash incentives.
    BY HARRIET SINCLAIR ON 5/20/18 AT 4:20 PM

Vickers (Vic) Cunningham admitted he bribed his children with money to make sure they married someone he approved of, which included being a member of the opposite sex who was white.

“I strongly support traditional family values,” Cunningham told The Dallas Morning News.

“If you marry a person of the opposite sex that’s Caucasian, that’s Christian, they will get a distribution,” he said of the “trust” he set up for his children.

“There are milestones set out in the trust. The milestone is, you get a distribution if you get an advanced degree. Milestone, if you run for public office. When you turn 35, 40, 45, you get a distribution. The same thing… when you get married,” he added. “It’s my religious belief that marriage is between one man and one woman.”

Following the interview, The Dallas Morning News announced it was pulling its support for Cunningham, which it had previously backed for the Precinct 2 Seat on the Dallas County Commissioners Court.

“Recent developments have caused us to reconsider, and we are withdrawing our recommendation of Cunningham,” the publication said in an article that also claimed a family member and a former staffer reported that Cunningham frequently used the N-word.

Cunningham's brother Bill Cunningham, who is in an interracial same-sex marriage, spoke out against the views he claimed the candidate held, the HuffPost reported.

Bill Cunningham claimed his brother referred to his husband, who is black, as “your boy” and had refused to have him in his house.
    http://www.newsweek.com/texas-gop-ca...e-white-935712

Sad that a man would so bribe his children and sad that they would take such a bribe. Sad that he would have so much hate in his heart and still call himself a Christian. Not surprisingly, the party has withdrawn its support for his candidacy.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,486x in 94,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how the details of his trust came out.

I wouldn't vote for him anyway- wrong party.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,379x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Sad that a man would so bribe his children and sad that they would take such a bribe. Sad that he would have so much hate in his heart and still call himself a Christian. Not surprisingly, the party has withdrawn its support for his candidacy.
    Why is that sad?

If his children choose to marry someone outside of their father's wishes what concern is it of yours if the child does not get any money?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-21-2018)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Why is that sad?

If his children choose to marry someone outside of their father's wishes what concern is it of yours if the child does not get any money?
    It's sad because it's so shallow. It speaks to the fact that the father actually values money more than his children, that he would want to induce them to marry out of greed. It's sad that he's such a racist and such a miserable Christian in name only.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Leftists see this as a social injustice and NOT the right of the man to structure his trust in any way he sees fit. The Leftists here and everywhere would rather see this man ruined personally and professionally than use his rights based on his beliefs.

The "kids" don't have to take any of the trust fund money if they wish to not follow the rules of the trust.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-22-2018)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sad because it's so shallow. It speaks to the fact that the father actually values money more than his children, that he would want to induce them to marry out of greed. It's sad that he's such a racist and such a miserable Christian in name only.
    Newsflash - billions of parents want their children to marry within their own race, religion and culture.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Mister D (05-21-2018)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Newsflash - billions of parents want their children to marry within their own race, religion and culture.
    Millions don't employ bribery to attempt to ensure that their wishes are fulfilled. Ironically often those who are most rabid about their wishes being fulfilled are rewarded by children who do the exact opposite. Perhaps it's karma.

Mahatma Gandhi

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,379x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life contains choices and lessons

With some people everything they don't like is racist.

I rather like his approach. The father would not punish his children if they married someone who was not white. Nor does he appear to be miserable.

When I was in the Army as a Second Lieutenant the Battalion Commander announced we would have a formal dining event. The uniform would be Dress Blues. The Dress Blue uniform was expensive then. If I remember correctly it cost almost one-half a month's salary. One of the lieutenants asked the commander if it would count against him if he did not come wearing the Dress Blue uniform. The Lieutenant Colonel said, "Of course not. It will not count against you if you do not wear Dress Blues. But if you do it might count for you."
    Life is full of choices and lessons.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 05-21-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-21-2018)

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,486x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was listening to a debate on video recently and the liberal admitted sometimes liberals step over the line through violence, that she is against violence, and the conservative said back, great, but most everyone is against violence so you're saying nothing. Ditto racism, bullying, this too.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,486x in 94,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Why is that sad?

They still get money at the other milestones, just the part for marriage.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-21-2018)

+ Reply to Thread