User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: History of Freedom

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 37,824x in 28,020 Posts
    Mentioned
    1622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The money you spend goes into a wide variety of pockets, the point is a rising oligarchy that we have ala the Koch brothers will eventually control even the things you vote on and every dime you spend will go into an ever decreasing number of pockets; that's how the mob works btw. Regulating things keeps the bar fair and more can participate, without such regulations you see an ever increasing monopoly of owners for goods and services just like the antebellum south: my family was in the south prior to revolution and on both sides of the civil war, so through a study of their participation since then the story gets very deep and quite clear and that is what I'm relating to you here; and the rich should not have all the money nor all the control, that's the entire point. It was a problem then that needed overcoming and it's a problem today that needs overcoming.

Btw, the sulfuric acid that you bought should be kept a record of, just like contractors who buy dynamite. If you don't like that, then don't buy dangerous stuff.

Back to the south and the Kochs; there's no need for you to feel uncomfortable in discussing the issue and it's historic relevance; and what did you find amusing about my commentary on the south?

So the freedom Koch sees you call control. And the regulation you seek you call freedom.

Amazing, simply amazing.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 62,105x in 42,525 Posts
    Mentioned
    2138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The money you spend goes into a wide variety of pockets, the point is a rising oligarchy that we have ala the Koch brothers will eventually control even the things you vote on and every dime you spend will go into an ever decreasing number of pockets; that's how the mob works btw. Regulating things keeps the bar fair and more can participate, without such regulations you see an ever increasing monopoly of owners for goods and services just like the antebellum south: my family was in the south prior to revolution and on both sides of the civil war, so through a study of their participation since then the story gets very deep and quite clear and that is what I'm relating to you here; and the rich should not have all the money nor all the control, that's the entire point. It was a problem then that needed overcoming and it's a problem today that needs overcoming.

Btw, the sulfuric acid that you bought should be kept a record of, just like contractors who buy dynamite. If you don't like that, then don't buy dangerous stuff.

Back to the south and the Kochs; there's no need for you to feel uncomfortable in discussing the issue and it's historic relevance; and what did you find amusing about my commentary on the south?
    The Kocks want individual liberty. Why do you oppose that?
    Alea iacta est

Check out the blog.

+ Reply to Thread