User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Freedom

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,477x in 55,022 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Have a nice day, Chris.
    Thanks for all the fish.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm not now.

Let me know when you want to address the message of the video....
    Just a place holder post, and to say that your OP video has nothing to do with history; it's in the wrong forum.

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Just a place holder post, and to say that your OP video has nothing to do with history; it's in the wrong forum.
    What about the message of the video is not history? Explain.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the message of the video is not history? Explain.
    It's not historical in the way of learning of events or relationships to modern times; as in the Holocaust and human prejudices for political gain through time, or the before and after effects of world war of civil war, or religious history and how it effects modern perceptions etc etc etc. It's a propaganda piece by a man whose mission is to change the rules by which he and his compatriots use their money: removing barriers.. blocked progress... monopoly of commerce... preeminence of thought; falsely claiming that the printing of the English translation of the Bible ushered in the reformation: Martin Luther was way head of that and actually assisted in that printing. Such translations were very old by then.

The types of barriers that Koch is talking about were exactly the types of barriers that were present in the North during the days of the Antebellum south. You apparently see Anarchy as a "freedom" for society, hence my mention of the House of Lords and government by "estates". Society deserves protections from such "barriers" as oligarchy and feudalism and "history", especially our own is replete with examples overcoming such obstacles to maintain chances for those who don't own "estates" or control industries.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's not historical in the way of learning of events or relationships to modern times; as in the Holocaust and human prejudices for political gain through time, or the before and after effects of world war of civil war, or religious history and how it effects modern perceptions etc etc etc. It's a propaganda piece by a man whose mission is to change the rules by which he and his compatriots use their money: removing barriers.. blocked progress... monopoly of commerce... preeminence of thought; falsely claiming that the printing of the English translation of the Bible ushered in the reformation: Martin Luther was way head of that and actually assisted in that printing. Such translations were very old by then.

The types of barriers that Koch is talking about were exactly the types of barriers that were present in the North during the days of the Antebellum south. You apparently see Anarchy as a "freedom" for society, hence my mention of the House of Lords and government by "estates". Society deserves protections from such "barriers" as oligarchy and feudalism and "history", especially our own is replete with examples overcoming such obstacles to maintain chances for those who don't own "estates" or control industries.
    You just can't do it, can you. Asked to explain how the video message is not history, you return to falacious ad hom. You need to refer to actual things said in the video and explain how they are wrong, or biased or in some mysterious way not historical. You made the claim, back it up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (06-23-2018)

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just can't do it, can you. Asked to explain how the video message is not history, you return to falacious ad hom. You need to refer to actual things said in the video and explain how they are wrong, or biased or in some mysterious way not historical. You made the claim, back it up.
    I've been explaining all along and you just plain don;t like what you're reading is what's going on. If you think I'm wrong, then prove it. My explanation of Anarchy and your support of it as it relates to the topic is is right on the money; it's not ad-hom it's demonstrating your flawed thinking here. So prove me wrong.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've been explaining all along and you just plain don;t like what you're reading is what's going on. If you think I'm wrong, then prove it. My explanation of Anarchy and your support of it as it relates to the topic is is right on the money; it's not ad-hom it's demonstrating your flawed thinking here. So prove me wrong.
    No, you have not said anything about the message of the video. You have ad homed Koch--fallacious. You have given us your view of history, but not contrasted it with the message of the video, or demonstrated the validty of your view. You just make claims, no arguments.

Koch says nothing about anarchy. So how could that have anything to do with the message of the video?

Prove what wrong?

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you have not said anything about the message of the video. You have ad homed Koch--fallacious. You have given us your view of history, but not contrasted it with the message of the video, or demonstrated the validty of your view. You just make claims, no arguments.

Koch says nothing about anarchy. So how could that have anything to do with the message of the video?

Prove what wrong?
    YOU said something about anarchy. YOU asked if I didn't see the benefits of government with private property. I've answered YOU. So you obviously don't have the wherewithall to do a little research into what I'm saying to you and prove it wrong if you can, then everything I say stands as fact. I've given you bonafide fact after fact after fact and all you seem to want to do is demand that I explain more.

No; you're going to prove and explain how and where I'm wrong.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    YOU said something about anarchy. YOU asked if I didn't see the benefits of government with private property. I've answered YOU. So you don't have the wherewithall to do a little research into what I'm saying to you and prove it wrong if you can, then everything I say stands as fact. I've given you bonafide fact after fact after fact and all you seem to want to do is demand that I explain more.

No; you're going to prove and explain how and where I'm wrong.

Frankly, I don't understand much of what you're saying. It's such an incoherent muddled mess, you try to address the historical message of the video and immediately jump back to attacking Koch and then elliptically jump to what I said about anarchy and freedom which you obviously didn't understand. Makes my head spin to read it.

In the middle of that mess I think I see a claim about the video: "falsely claiming that the printing of the English translation of the Bible ushered in the reformation". Are you saying Koch says that? Unclear. But the printing press had enormous effect on the Reformation. The power of Luther’s printing press goes so far as to say "Printing was essential to the creation of Martin Luther...." But you rambled off into something about translations.

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, I don't understand much of what you're saying. It's such an incoherent muddled mess, you try to address the historical message of the video and immediately jump back to attacking Koch and then elliptically jump to what I said about anarchy and freedom which you obviously didn't understand. Makes my head spin to read it.

In the middle of that mess I think I see a claim about the video: "falsely claiming that the printing of the English translation of the Bible ushered in the reformation". Are you saying Koch says that? Unclear. But the printing press had enormous effect on the Reformation. The power of Luther’s printing press goes so far as to say "Printing was essential to the creation of Martin Luther...." But you rambled off into something about translations.
    I've been very coherent and succinct in every one of my posts. You just don't possess the capacity to deal with any of it, so that's the end of our discussions on the board; you're just trolling.

Last edited by jet57; 06-23-2018 at 04:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread