Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,113x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Wow, I bet you really don't want to come back now. This thread became and exact example of what you were talking about. It's pretty sad. I hope you will come back. The forum does not have to be like this, we can just all be better and just not fall for the attacks and be coerced into arguments that are baiting us to make us want to leave on purpose. We are all better than this. We are not five. I do hope you will return, and if you do I hope that the forum is a better place, and you can have real normal discussions and debates. It was really good that you started this thread. It is a real eye opener. It helped me to take a step back and really look at what is going on here and realize that we can do better. I appreciate your thread.
    I really liked this forum. I invested A LOT of time here. I did a lot for the forum that probably is chuckled at by many. I was even a VIP here once until I got cancer and they removed me. I appreciate that you took something away from the thread and it makes me feel good inside that it affected you in some way. Thank you.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-11-2018),MisterVeritis (06-11-2018)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    I think calling a racist a racist is acceptable.

I am regularly taken to task for posting Kook Alerts. I only use them for kook posts.

This board is where it is at today because no one has the responsibility of bringing in new members.
    If someone is truly a racist and posts racist propaganda they should be removed from the forum. However; calling someone a racist because they disagree with a monument being removed or voted for Trump should be treated as the vicious insult it is. I equate it to a false accusation of rape. Any woman who accuses a man of rape falsely should be thrown in jail for years. The accusation alone is enough to ruin a man's life forever and if that man is innocent the charge is so vicious and so horrible that I believe it transcends the idea of simple assault and moves into the realm of felonious damage.

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,246x in 27,867 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    If someone is truly a racist and posts racist propaganda they should be removed from the forum. However; calling someone a racist because they disagree with a monument being removed or voted for Trump should be treated as the vicious insult it is. I equate it to a false accusation of rape. Any woman who accuses a man of rape falsely should be thrown in jail for years. The accusation alone is enough to ruin a man's life forever and if that man is innocent the charge is so vicious and so horrible that I believe it transcends the idea of simple assault and moves into the realm of felonious damage.
    Someone who views every issue through a skin color prism is a racist. We have a few.

A charge or racism on an anonymous board is essentially irrelevant to real life. It is the same with being a kook.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Mine, too.
    By the way I'm not that old. I'm only 45. But one of the greatest and most realistic gunfights took place in that movie with Jack Palance. (SP?) I was always taken by that scene and it was one of the motivators for me to start practicing the quick draw with my dad's replica Navy Colt. Now I'm a competitive gun fighter and my fastest draw was .32 seconds. I was .005 seconds off the current record. Go figure what motivates us.

-Darth Vader

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-11-2018),Peter1469 (06-11-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked this forum. I invested A LOT of time here. I did a lot for the forum that probably is chuckled at by many. I was even a VIP here once until I got cancer and they removed me. I appreciate that you took something away from the thread and it makes me feel good inside that it affected you in some way. Thank you.
    I am sorry to hear about all of that. That is really sad. I am not sure if you still have cancer or what kind it is but I talked in another thread about some possible cures. I will leave you a link just in case. http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...n-in-our-heads We are all in this together!
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Someone who views every issue through a skin color prism is a racist. We have a few.

A charge or racism on an anonymous board is essentially irrelevant to real life. It is the same with being a kook.
    Look I get that in the real world a charge of racism on an anonymous board is irrelevant to real life But many of us, you included I believe, enjoy debate and come to this forum for a chance to debate real world people. In the course of that debate we often times put our heart and soul into it. Many of us reference our personal experiences to draw upon our conclusions. We look back upon our personal experiences and put those into our arguments. That is what should happen in an open and honest forum that takes into account the members putting themselves on the line to express their views. When the views are then abruptly discounted for the flaws or perceived injustices within the argument in turn for a chance to undermine the argument via personal attacks then we lose decorum and a sense of safety in the political discussion. All for the sake of "snark".

Very few come to a political forum to espouse a racist agenda. However; the accusation of such is common place. The accusation in and of itself has somehow become a legitimate response to an argument because leveling the accusation ends the discussion. Obama knew this well and while he never openly advocated for such action allowed his constituents to level the accusation if there was a dissenting viewpoint.

The problem Obama never expected was that of the Trump effect. The individuals effected by such accusations have absolutely no recourse to a response other than their vote. All of those who felt disenfranchised by being accused of racism for not agreeing to Obama's policies voted Trump into office.

The result? They were called racists.

It's even funnier when you say it out loud.

-Darth Vader

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree, Pickle. While accusations of racism mean little to me personally they are disruptive and detract from debate and discussion. if you thin my position is racist, and some members often do, prove me wrong or at least make an effort. It seems like some members are content just to be smug.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I am sorry to hear about all of that. That is really sad. I am not sure if you still have cancer or what kind it is but I talked in another thread about some possible cures. I will leave you a link just in case. http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...n-in-our-heads We are all in this together!
    Thank you. All is well with me. I beat it and am all clear to date. I took a look at your videos and don't believe it applies to me and I am not going to go into further specifics about my health on this board because frankly I don't trust that the individuals on this board won't somehow use it against me in down the road. I suggest you keep your personal life here on this board to a minimum because I've seen some of the most horrible and atrocious things said about people's families happen right here. Thank you though. I appreciate your thoughts.

-Darth Vader

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

gamewell45 (06-11-2018),Just AnotherPerson (06-11-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn'y go that far. Most of the accusations tend to be on the sillier side.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I wouldn'y go that far. Most of the accusations tend to be on the sillier side.
    Really? Has any accusation of Trump being a "racist" not been silly? I mean the guy says a lot of stupid stuff. But nothing he has ever said has ever raised a red flag with me as him being a racist. Now me just saying that will label me with a lot of the posters here as a racist. How is that defensible?

-Darth Vader

+ Reply to Thread