Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...right.

So, the content quality of this forum is pretty much horse $#@! right now.

The same people who complain about the quality of public education are rebutting others with mere character attacks. It seems like it gets way worse when the moderators are not around. There's also a wolf pack of individuals who seem to gang up and single others out, throwing nothing but insults...as if to try and get them to want to leave. I experienced that last night, and I've been seeing it happen with others as well. I mean, it's brutal. I'm starting to wonder if it's a coordinated effort. I don't see many good ideas being exchanged, and the ones who are making the honest effort (on ALL political sides) are getting drowned out by the dumb $#@!s (on ALL political sides).

I understand how frustrating it is to debate with people who you consider to be your country's enemy. People who you wish would just not be here. People who you wish would just shut the $#@! up. I'm not a saint by any means, but I can't believe how nasty people get when they respond sometimes, completely unprovoked and uncalled for. Isn't there any possibility of these people modifying their own behavior so that this is not such a $#@! hole? Is there any self control? I'm trying to do that myself, but I can't do it alone...

Also, how about some personal debating standards? Like learning how to properly argue a claim, instead of attacking somebody, or deflecting, or calling them a liar without backing yourself up? Can we fit that into our life goals here, please? Because, honestly...how old are we?

This is the internet, and these things you write will be around forever. Try to think of the archaeologists in the future who stumble across this database of absurdity, and the story that you are telling them about yourself.

They be like "Who the crap is spunkloaf? And why didn't these people listen to him about climate change?"

That's all I got. I'm exhausted from homework. I'm fed up with the way people treat each other, including myself. It's my 33rd birthday tomorrow. Well, technically, right now it's 1:05am.... I can't believe it. I've known some of you since I was 22 years old, 11 years ago. Anyways. I need to take a small break from this forum for a day or so. And when I come back, you kids better be well behaved.
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spunkloaf For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (05-24-2018),KathyS (05-24-2018),Peter1469 (05-24-2018)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    So, the content quality of this forum is pretty much horse $#@! right now.

The same people who complain about the quality of public education are rebutting others with mere character attacks. It seems like it gets way worse when the moderators are not around. There's also a wolf pack of individuals who seem to gang up and single others out, throwing nothing but insults...as if to try and get them to want to leave. I experienced that last night, and I've been seeing it happen with others as well. I mean, it's brutal. I'm starting to wonder if it's a coordinated effort. I don't see many good ideas being exchanged, and the ones who are making the honest effort (on ALL political sides) are getting drowned out by the dumb $#@!s (on ALL political sides).

I understand how frustrating it is to debate with people who you consider to be your country's enemy. People who you wish would just not be here. People who you wish would just shut the $#@! up. I'm not a saint by any means, but I can't believe how nasty people get when they respond sometimes, completely unprovoked and uncalled for. Isn't there any possibility of these people modifying their own behavior so that this is not such a $#@! hole? Is there any self control? I'm trying to do that myself, but I can't do it alone...

Also, how about some personal debating standards? Like learning how to properly argue a claim, instead of attacking somebody, or deflecting, or calling them a liar without backing yourself up? Can we fit that into our life goals here, please? Because, honestly...how old are we?

This is the internet, and these things you write will be around forever. Try to think of the archaeologists in the future who stumble across this database of absurdity, and the story that you are telling them about yourself.

They be like "Who the crap is spunkloaf? And why didn't these people listen to him about climate change?"

That's all I got. I'm exhausted from homework. I'm fed up with the way people treat each other, including myself. It's my 33rd birthday tomorrow. Well, technically, right now it's 1:05am.... I can't believe it. I've known some of you since I was 22 years old, 11 years ago. Anyways. I need to take a small break from this forum for a day or so. And when I come back, you kids better be well behaved.
    It is happening for sure! For some reason anyone with your type of views is being forced out of the forum. It is like a psy-op. You are being wore down. No sound minded person would stay in this forum after this type of barrage of personal attacks. No matter what you say or how many times you explain what you said it will not matter. Keep in mind the persons you are trying to explain yourself to are having a good laugh. They are working on you to break you down so you will leave. They know what you said but will repeat absurd things to you again and again for days and days. It is a complete waste for you to try and argue.

But there is a way. Keep in mind that the individuals who are doing this in the forum are just a very small group of people, they are not the only members on the forum. Just simply put them on your ignore list or just dont respond to their posts. If you stay and just do not respond to the specific people who you know are doing it on purpose, then when others who have left for the same reasons try to return there will be at least one like minded person who they can relate to, and you can also let them know when they are being attacked and tried to be forced off the forum how to handle it. Then maybe more people will come back and the forum will have more diversity and normal dialogue and be awesome again.

If someone attacks you it is pointless to even argue back it will go no where and just discredit you as a human being. That is what they are going for. So just take a day off come back and start over like it is your first day. Just know that several days episode was done to you on purpose, and dont fall for it again. If we do it is our own bad. There are normal arguments that are fun. But these arguments by these people trying to be the forum mafia are not normal arguments, it is more like a psychological operation to purposfully make you so frustated that you will break down and have no choice but to leave.

Don't leave..............start anew..................

That forum mess that they put you in is not really your fault you were a victim. I am seeing the same exact scenario play out again and again. Some forum members have their cool though and are not bothered by the few forum mafia members They got their score and know how to handle them. I am quite impressed by those few members. They are attacked often but they do not engage back in attacks in return, it is quite impressive. They are the bad asses who cannot be gotten to. I look forward to seeing you start over.

I am quite surprised that this is happening to so many people and it seems to be happening to people with similar views. Anyways, good fight, but it was all pointless and fake. You were coerced into it to make you look bad and frustrate you and make you leave for good. But you don't have to go out like that. It is ok for us all to disagree we can do it respectfully. We shouldn't be pushed and attacked to the point that we have to get into serious arguments that completely disrupt our quality of mind. I was determined to argue to the end and not give up no matter what. But I just realized it is being done on purpose and the argument is fake and you are not making your point clear to anyone because it is not a two way conversation it is a psy-op.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,434x in 20,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you either stand your ground or run like babies.................yep, this is a tough format, but no less tougher than where the libs run the show.
    as far as insults go, @spunkloaf you are the one delivering the insults, like the rest of your buddies in here and you rarely ever post to the OP.
    You get what you give in here..........we don't handle snowflakes with kit gloves...........life is tough, get over it, both of you
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-24-2018),countryboy (05-24-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    you either stand your ground or run like babies.................yep, this is a tough format, but no less tougher than where the libs run the show.
    as far as insults go, @spunkloaf you are the one delivering the insults, like the rest of your buddies in here and you rarely ever post to the OP.
    You get what you give in here..........we don't handle snowflakes with kit gloves...........life is tough, get over it, both of you
    It's not going to work anymore.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    It's not going to work anymore.
    What's not going to work anymore?
    I'd like to see you two stop with the personal attacks and deal with the topics like adults.
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-24-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,590x in 25,145 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you merely disagree with someone's opinion, that's not considered an insult.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-24-2018),Chris (05-24-2018),Don (05-25-2018),KathyS (05-24-2018),stjames1_53 (05-24-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    When you merely disagree with someone's opinion, that's not considered an insult.
    That's true.....never said it was

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,406x in 54,982 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sad thing is too many people take it personally.

One wonders if sometimes that's not a ploy.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-24-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or when you find a post/article that you disagree with, find something to refute the statement instead of calling the poster out. If you shoot from the hip with an opinion, you will get refuted with another's opinion. Base your arguments on facts, regardless if they are left-wing news sites or right wing sites. If you don't want to take the heat, don't post.
    Usually, the left wing posts are attacks, so the right wing will retaliate. Dog pile? It used to be that the right wing was merely target practice for the left. It has shifted, so you're seeing what happens when you are wrong.
    Are you still convinced that Trump should be in jail?
    - Thucydides

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-24-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Sad thing is too many people take it personally.

One wonders if sometimes that's not a ploy.
    victimology...........if they stomp their feet and cry, they think it works to win.
    - Thucydides

17. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-24-2018)

+ Reply to Thread