User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Climate Destruction the ball is in your park!

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 1,195
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,441x in 14,732 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point about the nuke plants . but hopefully someone would "disarm them" as collapse approached. You never know though Man's arrogance may be the most astounding thing about us. But I still believe life would find a way. It is not required that life match our definition of intelligence to be dominate. We have only been here for a fraction of the time that the dinosaurs were and already we are debating if we will wipe our own sorry assess out. LOL
    I personally think that "the meek shall inherit the earth" in the form of insects. But my children's children's children bones will be long faded to dust before we see if that happens or not

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-05-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,553x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Good point about the nuke plants . but hopefully someone would "disarm them" as collapse approached. You never know though Man's arrogance may be the most astounding thing about us. But I still believe life would find a way. It is not required that life match our definition of intelligence to be dominate. We have only been here for a fraction of the time that the dinosaurs were and already we are debating if we will wipe our own sorry assess out. LOL
    I personally think that "the meek shall inherit the earth" in the form of insects. But my children's children's children bones will be long faded to dust before we see if that happens or not
    Here is another thought. We see life through our conditioned senses. We experience through our eyes, ears, feeling, and taste. We see the way we do because of the way light reflects in our eyes. That is why when there is not light we cannot see. We have these senses because of how we evolved, and so that is what we perceive. But I believe that other life in the universe or even here could be something that perhaps we cannot even imagine. We have limited senses. What if there were life that we cannot perceive with our senses? That is a thought. Many people believe if there was other life in the universe it would have to be a cell or animal like being or even some alien human like being. But what if there is other types of life that we cannot even imagine. Maybe even life that is ethereal. That is a possibility we don't know because we haven't had the senses or instruments to detect it yet. Not saying there is, but if there was we haven't seen it.

Never hurts to let the mind wonder what if. We only have experiences based on our senses what if there were life that was nothing like we could imagine because it is beyond what our senses can perceive. That life could be existing right in front of us and we wouldn't see it. I suppose that bring me to the thought of parallel universes. If there were an entire existence of life contained in the same space as life as we see it through our senses. For example right now there are things in the air all around you now and you cannot see them. But we have invented devices that are like a sense that tune in and perceive those things and translate them for us. They are things like radio wave, tv waves, communications, and perhaps even thoughts and energy. But if we use a device like a radio, or a tv, or an eeg we can see them or hear them. They are there all around you and even through you right now. But our senses cannot perceive them. Eh just something to think about.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-06-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Here is another thought. We see life through our conditioned senses. We experience through our eyes, ears, feeling, and taste. We see the way we do because of the way light reflects in our eyes. That is why when there is not light we cannot see. We have these senses because of how we evolved, and so that is what we perceive. But I believe that other life in the universe or even here could be something that perhaps we cannot even imagine. We have limited senses. What if there were life that we cannot perceive with our senses? That is a thought. Many people believe if there was other life in the universe it would have to be a cell or animal like being or even some alien human like being. But what if there is other types of life that we cannot even imagine. Maybe even life that is ethereal. That is a possibility we don't know because we haven't had the senses or instruments to detect it yet. Not saying there is, but if there was we haven't seen it.

Never hurts to let the mind wonder what if. We only have experiences based on our senses what if there were life that was nothing like we could imagine because it is beyond what our senses can perceive. That life could be existing right in front of us and we wouldn't see it. I suppose that bring me to the thought of parallel universes. If there were an entire existence of life contained in the same space as life as we see it through our senses. For example right now there are things in the air all around you now and you cannot see them. But we have invented devices that are like a sense that tune in and perceive those things and translate them for us. They are things like radio wave, tv waves, communications, and perhaps even thoughts and energy. But if we use a device like a radio, or a tv, or an eeg we can see them or hear them. They are there all around you and even through you right now. But our senses cannot perceive them. Eh just something to think about.

Certainly alien life could be undectible as life to us. No question. Hell we can't even detect microbes as individuals without scientific equipment

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-06-2018)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [...]

There are only so many recourses on earth once we use them they are gone. When we take what is inside of the earth and put it on the outside. We will create an earth that is not conducive to life. Life as we know it is possible because the conditions for life are perfect. But when we change the conditions on this earth then the conditions for life will no longer be sufficient for life in our form. So lets stop arguing climate change and go for the real argument global pollution. Climate change arguing is a diversion from the real argument.
    Per the last paragraph of your wonderfully written OP, here is something of relevance per testing upon innocent animals with deadly pathogens, and other, so that someone can find out what something detrimental would do to a human being. Who would like to live in a cage and never see the sun?

"Inside the Barbaric U.S. Industry of Dog Experimentation"
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion Rules For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-06-2018)

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,175
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,307x in 13,431 Posts
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump cut regulations and that they can now work like mad and plunder all of the resources that have been off limit for so long and that all of the protections for the environment are being removed.
    Do you expect to be taken seriously when you post such nonsense? I hope not.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-06-2018),stjames1_53 (06-09-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    Per the last paragraph of your wonderfully written OP, here is something of relevance per testing upon innocent animals with deadly pathogens, and other, so that someone can find out what something detrimental would do to a human being. Who would like to live in a cage and never see the sun?

Thank you Orion, you are right.

I can't watch the video though because I wouldn't be able to handle it.
    But I assure you I already know what will be in the video. I have known for a while, I can see why it upsets you so.
    It is unfathomable what we do. It is almost beyond belief and it's unforgiveable.
    Your voice does not fall on deaf ears here. I hope you keep spreading the message.
    You are right this should stop.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (06-08-2018),Orion Rules (06-06-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Certainly alien life could be undectible as life to us. No question. Hell we can't even detect microbes as individuals without scientific equipment
    Here is something for fun I found, it goes with this conversation
    https://singularityhub.com/2018/06/0...rqsfqq7v2e2il4
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,116x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is something that should take climate science out of politics- scientists have found a way to cheaply remove CO2 from the atmosphere and turn it into gas. This is important on many levels. It will destroy the globalist scheme of using climate change as a cause for global regulation. It will kill the insane reaction from the "climate change" scientists that live off government grants.

A team of scientists claims to have discovered a cheaper way to extract carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and turn it into gasoline or other fuels, which could arm humanity with a new tool in the fight against climate change.

Published in the scientific journal Joule on Thursday, the research demonstrates a new technique that pulls carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere, and converts it into liquid gasoline, diesel or jet fuel.

Canadian clean energy company Carbon Engineering, in partnership with researchers from Harvard, used little more than limestone, hydrogen and air for the process, which can remove one metric ton of CO2 for as little as $94, the scientists say. It cleans up the environment, and produces eco-friendly liquid fuel at the same time.

"Until now, research suggested it would cost $600 per ton to remove CO2 from the atmosphere using DAC technology, making it too expensive to be a feasible solution to removing legacy carbon at scale," David Keith, Harvard Professor and founder of Carbon Energy said in a statement. "We now have the data and engineering to prove that DAC can achieve costs below $100 per ton."

DAC refers to "direct air capture" technology, or the technique by which Carbon Engineering extracts CO2 from air.
    Read the rest at the link.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (06-09-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post

Like so much in our world there is probably a place for ethically guided animal experimentation , but it is done way too often and usually without the ethics part

+ Reply to Thread