User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Climate Destruction the ball is in your park!

  1. #1
    Points: 11,795, Level: 26
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 855
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18992
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,946
    Points
    11,795
    Level
    26
    Thanks Given
    1,539
    Thanked 953x in 698 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Climate Destruction the ball is in your court!

    There are so many people debating global warming. I have for a very long time thought that this is an argument that we should end. It is an argument that either side will loose in. The corporate interests will not allow it and will not stay silent. It is all about money. And, on the flip side those who know the science will not let it go either because they don't want to see the earth destroyed, at the same time on the other side the corporate interests do not want to see their bank accounts destroyed.

    Lets be real the mega corporations do not care one lick about the environment or the lives of the people they affect. If they want to frack your back yard they will do it regardless of how it affects you. It does not matter if you can light your water on fire or if you are dying the slowest most painful death. You mean nothing to them in the least you are just in their way. They have one goal and that is more power and nothing will stand in their way.

    It is also true that there are natural cycles of warming and cooling everyone knows that, But yes it is also true we can speed it up or add to it.

    We can all disagree on global warming, but one thing no one can disagree on except the mega corps is that crude in your tap water is bad for you. Mega corps will tell you its anti-aging and good for you harmless. But we all know better.

    One thing that can not be disputed is global pollution. We cannot say that we are not poisoning or polluting the earth and destroying the very earth that gives us life. It does not matter if climate change is real. If we stop global pollution and destruction then that will solve the climate change argument, because if we claim that is the cause then it is also the solution. End pollution!

    We may be a bit late though but better late than never.

    I know on one side many care a lot about infinite economic growth and that is understandable and they are happy that Trump cut regulations and that they can now work like mad and plunder all of the resources that have been off limit for so long and that all of the protections for the environment are being removed. They are happy like an obstacle has been removed. But there is a time coming in the near future where we will wish we could take it all back. When our waters are turned black and undrinkable, when our air is turned to poison and we get sick just breathing then it will be too late, there will be no second chances. Who will get to enjoy the fat bank account then? No one. Your fat bank account will do you no good then. Unless of course your bank account is fat enough to help you seed a new planet.

    There are only so many recourses on earth once we use them they are gone. When we take what is inside of the earth and put it on the outside. We will create an earth that is not conducive to life. Life as we know it is possible because the conditions for life are perfect. But when we change the conditions on this earth then the conditions for life will no longer be sufficient for life in our form. So lets stop arguing climate change and go for the real argument global pollution. Climate change arguing is a diversion from the real argument.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 05-24-2018 at 06:06 AM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Strangelove (05-25-2018),Orion Rules (06-06-2018)

  3. #2
    Points: 50,811, Level: 55
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,739
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    38549
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18,516
    Points
    50,811
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    32,704
    Thanked 9,565x in 6,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ball of dirt has been constantly changing since it was first formed. We cannot dictate its path, nor stop it.
    consider this, that the earth is 4.3 billion years old and man has only been around for approximately 250,000 years. We are but a bug dropping on the timeline of Life on this ball of dirt.
    Money will not stop this.
    My only question is, who do we make this miraculous check out to?
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-24-2018)

  5. #3
    Points: 11,795, Level: 26
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 855
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18992
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,946
    Points
    11,795
    Level
    26
    Thanks Given
    1,539
    Thanked 953x in 698 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    This ball of dirt has been constantly changing since it was first formed. We cannot dictate its path, nor stop it.
    consider this, that the earth is 4.3 billion years old and man has only been around for approximately 250,000 years. We are but a bug dropping on the timeline of Life on this ball of dirt.
    Money will not stop this.
    My only question is, who do we make this miraculous check out to?
    Your reply does not have anything to do with what I said in my post I am not sure how to answer when you are not talking about anything I said in my OP.

    My point in the OP is that global warming is a mute argument. It is an argument that no one can win, and the real argument should instead be global pollution, since if that is what people believe is causing the warming then that will solve their problem.

    But it is more than that, Global pollution is destroying this earth. Yes this earth is billions of years old and we are destroying it in a short time frame of merely 200 years. My point is that pollution cannot be disputed it is real, and it is the real culprit.

    My point is to drop the argument that is meant only for a diversion tactic and go for the real argument.

    We are being tricked to bicker over the wrong thing.

    Fukushima was real, radiation is real. The BP oil spill is real, and no one can dispute it or the damages that it has done to our earth and it is practically unrecoverable. No one can dispute the plundering of resources using them all up for our one generation. No one can dispute real facts. You can say there was no oil spill and it was harmless but there will not be many who will believe you because they seen it and experienced the results with their own eyes.

    There is global destruction happening in full swing and if the mega corporations have their way they will plunder it to the last drop, and they do not care about the consequence's.

    Life like ours is only possible because conditions are perfect, when we remove those conditions our life in this form will cease. This is an undisputable fact.

    For you to live you need water and air and it needs to be somewhat clean in order for you to live. Those are basic conditions conducive to your life and they are not a luxury but a requirement!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    AZ Jim (05-29-2018),Peter1469 (05-24-2018)

  7. #4
    Points: 50,811, Level: 55
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,739
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    38549
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18,516
    Points
    50,811
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    32,704
    Thanked 9,565x in 6,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Your reply does not have anything to do with what I said in my post I am not sure how to answer when you are not talking about anything I said in my OP.

    My point in the OP is that global warming is a mute argument. It is an argument that no one can win, and the real argument should instead be global pollution, since if that is what people believe is causing the warming then that will solve their problem.

    But it is more than that, Global pollution is destroying this earth. Yes this earth is billions of years old and we are destroying it in a short time frame of merely 200 years. My point is that pollution cannot be disputed it is real, and it is the real culprit.

    My point is to drop the argument that is meant only for a diversion tactic and go for the real argument.

    We are being tricked to bicker over the wrong thing.

    Fukushima was real, radiation is real. The BP oil spill is real, and no one can dispute it or the damages that it has done to our earth and it is practically unrecoverable. No one can dispute the plundering of resources using them all up for our one generation. No one can dispute real facts. You can say there was no oil spill and it was harmless but there will not be many who will believe you because they seen it and experienced the results with their own eyes.

    There is global destruction happening in full swing and if the mega corporations have their way they will plunder it to the last drop, and they do not care about the consequence's.

    Life like ours is only possible because conditions are perfect, when we remove those conditions our life in this form will cease. This is an undisputable fact.

    For you to live you need water and air and it needs to be somewhat clean in order for you to live. Those are basic conditions conducive to your life and they are not a luxury but a requirement!
    Are you one of those people that believe that oxygen has always been here? OR water for that matters?
    What happened to the Sahara Tropical rain forest? Listen, this ball changes with or without Man. You fail to recognize that the active volcanoes pump more crap into our atmosphere than Man. Man has had little impact on the climate change. This is just naturally occurring.
    So, to whom or where shall we send all of that money?
    You're being spoofed by the globalists.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-24-2018)

  9. #5
    Points: 11,795, Level: 26
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 855
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18992
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,946
    Points
    11,795
    Level
    26
    Thanks Given
    1,539
    Thanked 953x in 698 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    Are you one of those people that believe that oxygen has always been here? OR water for that matters?
    What happened to the Sahara Tropical rain forest? Listen, this ball changes with or without Man. You fail to recognize that the active volcanoes pump more crap into our atmosphere than Man. Man has had little impact on the climate change. This is just naturally occurring.
    So, to whom or where shall we send all of that money?
    You're being spoofed by the globalists.

    Here's a hypothetical for you
    Let's say I lived in Hawaii for 30 years in Leilani estates, lets say that I knew one day that the volcano could come and swallow up my land. So since I knew that could and may happen in the future, I just disregarded everything and started destroying the land all around me, I trashed it and poisoned it because it was going to be destroyed anyways someday.

    If I did that then who would have got to live those 30 years in Leilani estates? No one. But because I didn't destroy it me and all who lived there got to live for that 30 years in a beautiful place and enjoy wonderful conditions for life. If I would have destroyed it none of us would have had that chance

    Tomorrow Yellowstone could blow and we'd all die and conditions for life would no longer be possible for any life on earth. Right now we could have a supernovae in a nearby galaxy and we'd all be toast. Yes there are natural occurrences, natural cycles. But we shouldn't hurry them along, or crap in our own bed either.

    We are arguing something incorrectly.

    Is pollution real? Lets stop arguing climate change completely. Lets just argue pollution instead.

    Just because we know a natural occurrence can happen should we destroy what we have before the natural occurrence has the chance to destroy it for us? I don't think so. I think we and all beings should take care of our earth and live on it for as long as we can and in a way that is healthy.

    We all know we are going to die someday, but we protect our life anyways. We normally don't kill ourselves just because death can happen someday it sounds absurd when you say it like that.

    I lived near Hanford and pollution is real. I almost died because of corporate greed and I am not alone, my whole family and everyone I know has been sickened many to the point of death. And, we are talking about just one nuclear plant. This is happening everywhere. There are frack sites, oil spills, you name it. You can freely and easily dismiss it if you are not yet directly affected. But you will be none of us can escape it. When it happens to you too you will sing a new tune. You will not be ok with being killed like a lab rat for corporate greed when you watch your family and loved ones become sickened from pollution all for corporate greed you will not be ok with it. I am certain of it. When it does happen it is quite unbelievable. Hard to imagine the world stays silent while such crime is taking place.

    Pollution is real that is the argument.
    Global destruction is real that is the argument.
    Corporate greed is the cause.
    Global warming is the diversion.


    There are many generations of beings who may get the chance to live out their lives if we don't destroy the earth, shouldn't we take care of it just in case?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    AZ Jim (05-29-2018),Orion Rules (05-25-2018)

  11. #6
    Points: 50,811, Level: 55
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,739
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    38549
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18,516
    Points
    50,811
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    32,704
    Thanked 9,565x in 6,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, you are sensitive to pollution. I get that. 1 billion years ago, this place was not suitable for man to exist. It will keep changing long after Man has disappeared. You fail to recognize the enormity of this planet. If you drive a car, you are just as guilty as you accuse others of. If you buy plastic containers, you are just as guilty. This is not rocket science.
    Rather than buying processed foods, hunt and gather, that alone will reduce the amount of waste and environmental impact. Do not support any restaurant buy eating out.
    but you failed to answer the most important question of all: Where do we send the checks?
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-24-2018)

  13. #7
    Points: 11,795, Level: 26
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 855
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18992
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,946
    Points
    11,795
    Level
    26
    Thanks Given
    1,539
    Thanked 953x in 698 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    So, you are sensitive to pollution. I get that. 1 billion years ago, this place was not suitable for man to exist. It will keep changing long after Man has disappeared. You fail to recognize the enormity of this planet. If you drive a car, you are just as guilty as you accuse others of. If you buy plastic containers, you are just as guilty. This is not rocket science.
    Rather than buying processed foods, hunt and gather, that alone will reduce the amount of waste and environmental impact. Do not support any restaurant buy eating out.
    but you failed to answer the most important question of all: Where do we send the checks?

    I failed to answer because "checks" was a diversion tactic. I did not mention anything about checks, and sending money to anyone has nothing to do with the topic.

    1 billion years ago this place was not suitable for man so we weren't here. TRUE
    So then should we quickly make conditions unconducive once again so that we can cease to be?

    You really can not say anything about my footprint you do not know how I live or how I do my part in taking care of this planet. You can say anything you want but it is empty because you do not know. I would not be talking about taking care of the earth if I wasn't doing it already.

    Anyways there are ways that we can still live normal modern lives and not destroy the earth. We just need to change our ideas. We need green energy. there is no reason that we need to be burning coal come on really? There is no reason we should be using oil for fuel. There is no reason we should be using nuclear energy to boil water. There are other methods we could learn to use. It does not mean we need to become weirdos like the pita people and run around naked in the woods. It's not like that. It is about having a sound mind, and being able to put two and two together, and doing things right.

    This is an old argument. Nikola Tesla had it from the beginning. But he was shut down by the mega corporations of his day. But it wasn't Tesla who lost anything. He knew it was a loss for all of humanity for all of time. We are still stuck in the same mindset as then, and being manipulated by the continuation of the same mega corporations that shut down the path for a world that was bright where war and suffering would cease and all could live with their basic needs. Because, in a world like that they aren't needed, and they cant exist as they do now. So the wars and the global destruction must go on for them to be in existence. It is all about power and money. If only the people could see it.

  14. #8
    Points: 50,811, Level: 55
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,739
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    38549
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18,516
    Points
    50,811
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    32,704
    Thanked 9,565x in 6,918 Posts
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    green energy................then investigate and produce your final plans. We cannot force corporations to do a damned thing. Not everyone is going to get on board with this because we are products of globalization. What you are pining for is a planet that will keep changing.
    Are you aware of what is happening in Hawaii? Kilauea is pumping out more poisonous gases and dangerous particulate matter in one day than man produces in a month.
    Do you really believe that Man will be here in a million years with or without pollution?
    Recall this...everything changes and it's on it's way to some place/thing different.
    I am more concerned about the immediate future. War and pestilence will destroy Man long before pollution will hinder Man's development.
    Actually, the globalist want you on board for this because it'll mean a lot more money will flow into their coffers.
    and remember this as well.....a problem is created, then a solution is offered. Both cost a lot of money.
    Hegelian Theory at work here. Create a problem, then offer a solution...........
    Last edited by stjames1_53; 05-24-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  15. #9
    Points: 99,359, Level: 76
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78611
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    33,391
    Points
    99,359
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    4,768
    Thanked 10,576x in 7,956 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    There are so many people debating global warming. I have for a very long time thought that this is an argument that we should end. It is an argument that either side will loose in. The corporate interests will not allow it and will not stay silent. It is all about money. And, on the flip side those who know the science will not let it go either because they don't want to see the earth destroyed, at the same time on the other side the corporate interests do not want to see their bank accounts destroyed.

    Lets be real the mega corporations do not care one lick about the environment or the lives of the people they affect. If they want to frack your back yard they will do it regardless of how it affects you. It does not matter if you can light your water on fire or if you are dying the slowest most painful death. You mean nothing to them in the least you are just in their way. They have one goal and that is more power and nothing will stand in their way.

    It is also true that there are natural cycles of warming and cooling everyone knows that, But yes it is also true we can speed it up or add to it.

    We can all disagree on global warming, but one thing no one can disagree on except the mega corps is that crude in your tap water is bad for you. Mega corps will tell you its anti-aging and good for you harmless. But we all know better.

    One thing that can not be disputed is global pollution. We cannot say that we are not poisoning or polluting the earth and destroying the very earth that gives us life. It does not matter if climate change is real. If we stop global pollution and destruction then that will solve the climate change argument, because if we claim that is the cause then it is also the solution. End pollution!

    We may be a bit late though but better late than never.

    I know on one side many care a lot about infinite economic growth and that is understandable and they are happy that Trump cut regulations and that they can now work like mad and plunder all of the resources that have been off limit for so long and that all of the protections for the environment are being removed. They are happy like an obstacle has been removed. But there is a time coming in the near future where we will wish we could take it all back. When our waters are turned black and undrinkable, when our air is turned to poison and we get sick just breathing then it will be too late, there will be no second chances. Who will get to enjoy the fat bank account then? No one. Your fat bank account will do you no good then. Unless of course your bank account is fat enough to help you seed a new planet.

    There are only so many recourses on earth once we use them they are gone. When we take what is inside of the earth and put it on the outside. We will create an earth that is not conducive to life. Life as we know it is possible because the conditions for life are perfect. But when we change the conditions on this earth then the conditions for life will no longer be sufficient for life in our form. So lets stop arguing climate change and go for the real argument global pollution. Climate change arguing is a diversion from the real argument.
    What was the pause about? the lack of warming for over a decade after the turn of the century? In my little corner of the world the "pause" has been more like a regression to the winters I remember from my youth.
    There is little doubt that we could be contributing to a warming trend. There is also little doubt that the planet adapts to warming and cooling trends. We are not destroying the planet. We might make coastal cities retreat eventually but we're too urban to begin with. Species will adapt or be replaced .

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-24-2018)

  17. #10
    Points: 430,326, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    393243
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    142,184
    Points
    430,326
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    14,018
    Thanked 40,811x in 30,203 Posts
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Climate change. My opinion. Like climatologist Judith Curry, I believe climate change is a wicked problem. See Judith Curry on Climate Change. She's the one first discovered the warming hiatud @donttread mentions. In short it's probably way beyond man's capability of understanding.

    Does man affect the climate? Why of course we do. The question is how much?

    And the real question, to me, is how we deal with it, politically stop it and harm the economy, or adapt to it and help the economy. As Bjorn Lomborg has long argued, we need to get our priorities right, the world is full of problems and we can't solve all of them.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-24-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-24-2018),donttread (05-24-2018)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO