Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    There is nothing in the language you cited that says the NFL cannot do what it did.
    I disagree; to me the language is plain and simple.
    I hope they do bring their suit so the NFL's lawyers can show them for what they are. It is time for unions to go away.
    I get the impression if the union loses, you'll be over joyed. Out of genuine curiosity, what will your reaction be if the union wins??
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Safety (05-27-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,645x in 56,028 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m wondering if the Russians were involved in this to create a controversy.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    I’m wondering if the Russians were involved in this to create a controversy.

That is what nation-state intel agencies do. We do it. Everyone else does it.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,587x in 36,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post

I get the impression if the union loses, you'll be over joyed. Out of genuine curiosity, what will your reaction be if the union wins??
    I get the impression you support unions out of principle regardless of the issue.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,486x in 15,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overjoyed?

No. I really don't care a rat's ass about football. I do however, believe unions to exist for no other reason than to blackmail business owners and enrich their own hierarchy. It is kind of interesting to note how many union members despise their unions and are only members because they believe they have to be for their own protection... not from their employers, but from the unions. I remember back in the big coal strike in the late 90s how many union guys told me they hated Trumka and didn't want to be on strike. They were only there because they knew that eventually, the strike would be over and they would have to go back underground with the fanatics.
    When I was an investigator for the Tribune Company, they sent me all over the country to investigate union activity. I saw first hand, the threats, the violence, and on one occasion, the murder of a replacement worker.

There is a reason why organized crime has had such a close relationship with unions over the years. They think alike.

To answer your question... If it went to trial and the unions win, they win. I wouldn't put it past them to threaten and intimidate and blackmail enough jurors, lawyers, judges to get what they want. Even without the threats, courts tend to lean more in favor of unions, even when the law is not on their side. A judge wouldn't want to be seen as being "against the little guy" now, would he?
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I get the impression you support unions out of principle regardless of the issue.
    Honestly yes; you are correct; however I know when to pick and choose my battles.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Mister D (05-26-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overjoyed?

No. I really don't care a rat's ass about football. I do however, believe unions to exist for no other reason than to blackmail business owners and enrich their own hierarchy. It is kind of interesting to note how many union members despise their unions and are only members because they believe they have to be for their own protection... not from their employers, but from the unions.
    Interesting position; what studies did you read to come to that conclusion? I'd like to learn more about this as It might help me better understand your position regarding unions.

I remember back in the big coal strike in the late 90s how many union guys told me they hated Trumka and didn't want to be on strike. They were only there because they knew that eventually, the strike would be over and they would have to go back underground with the fanatics.
    If that was the case, then why didn't the rank and file vote him out of office? The coal miners have elections every 3 or 4 years. If a majority feels that he is doing the job, that's where it stops
    When I was an investigator for the Tribune Company, they sent me all over the country to investigate union activity. I saw first hand, the threats, the violence, and on one occasion, the murder of a replacement worker.
    So basically you were a union investigator, a very polite term for union buster; if you witnessed violence did you cause those involved to be arrested? Or just observe what they were doing? Finally, the murder of the replacement worker, did they catch the perp and if so, was he a union member? Was he directed by the union to kill this person or was it something he did on his own?

There is a reason why organized crime has had such a close relationship with unions over the years. They think alike.
    Those two sentences makes it difficult for me to take you seriously; with the stroke of a brush, you've painted unions in a negative light; are you aware that there are hundreds of labor unions and associations in this country?? I find it hard to believe that all or even a vast majority of them are in cahoots with organized crime. I've belonged to the same union for close to 40 years now and for some reason I've never seen anyone threatened by a union member, never seen any violence against anyone and of course no murders. Likewise there is no organized crime presence in my union.

To answer your question... If it went to trial and the unions win, they win. I wouldn't put it past them to threaten and intimidate and blackmail enough jurors, lawyers, judges to get what they want. Even without the threats, courts tend to lean more in favor of unions, even when the law is not on their side. A judge wouldn't want to be seen as being "against the little guy" now, would he?
    First off, I've never seen or heard of a trial by jury at the National Labor Relations Board; your conclusion is full of paranoia; that's not how the NLRB works. You ought to brush up on how labor law works in this country.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Safety (05-27-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically you were a union investigator, a very polite term for union buster
    I am guessing you don't know what The Tribune Company (Now called the Tribune Media Company) is. At its peak, it owned 47 television stations, 4 cable networks, 1 radio station and 10 newspapers. They didn't care about busting unions. They cared about news and the stories behind the news. I was an investigator for them and during the course of my contract investigated MANY incidents of union violence. It ranged from intimidation to destruction of property to battery to homicide. I investigated cases in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Detroit, Pittsburgh... I was spending about 300 days a year on the road and in hotel rooms.

Your "Why didn't they vote him out" nonsense is just that... nonsense. It may happen in small, insignificant unions, or local elections, but on the national scale, they vote for who they are TOLD to vote for.

Those two sentences makes it difficult for me to take you seriously; with the stroke of a brush, you've painted unions in a negative light; are you aware that there are hundreds of labor unions and associations in this country?? I find it hard to believe that all or even a vast majority of them are in cahoots with organized crime. I've belonged to the same union for close to 40 years now and for some reason I've never seen anyone threatened by a union member, never seen any violence against anyone and of course no murders. Likewise there is no organized crime presence in my union.
    If you believe that, you are either blind or belong to some minor union that isn't worth their time and effort.
    First off, I've never seen or heard of a trial by jury at the National Labor Relations Board; your conclusion is full of paranoia; that's not how the NLRB works.
    I didn't say anything about the NLRB. It is about worthless. Since this is supposedly a First Amendment issue, I would love to see a civil rights suit filed and the case heard in a Court of Law.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-27-2018)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unions started because employers had hired thugs to keep employees in line and keep from asking for raises or better working conditiions,. these company thugs beat and even resorted to murder.

Unions spawned on the waterfront when the mob took the backs of workers and started to beat and take out company thugs until the companies couldnt find any that take the job. Unions and Organized crime became synonomous. Workers loved Organized crime even though there were dues to pay because they got them more pay and better working conditions. It went on for many decades, until I believe the 70s organized crime was forced out of the Unions.

I laugh when people make absurd statements insinuating the unions are all bad the companies are all good and the victims, thats the biggest load of crap ever contrived.

The real history of companies in this country "before unions" is one of child sweatshop labor, underpaid women and men working in dangerous and sometimes horrific working conditions. NOTHING stopped those unscrupulous sometimes murderous employers except UNIONS and the govt creating Osha.

If you want the truth and not the bull$#@! version of unions go research predator companies, like the Triangle Shirtwaist factory fire, which led to the creation of Osha.

Those scumbag employers locked workers in the building with no way out, most of those killed were women and kids. There were other incidents like this but not to this level. Horrible working conditions unmaintained buildings killed workers

On March 25, 1911, the Triangle Shirtwaist Company factory in New York City burned, killing 145 workers. It is remembered as one of the most infamous incidents in American industrial history, as the deaths were largely preventable–most of the victims died as a result of neglected safety features and locked doors within the factory building. The tragedy brought widespread attention to the dangerous sweatshop conditions of factories, and led to the development of a series of laws and regulations that better protected the safety of workers.

https://www.history.com/topics/triangle-shirtwaist-fire

Fast forward to 2018, yes things have changed in the sense Osha and Unions forced companies to provide safe workplaces, forced them to spend the money to assure minimum worker safety.

Many Unions today are worthless and it appears their cycle of life is ending. They have been greatly diminished by the greed and corruption of those who run the unions. They collude with company boss's for their own gain. Which is most prevalent in Public Sector Unions, many times you will see a union rep suddenly get a promotion to supv or boss and leave the union. Or higher paid positions within the agency. Union boss's are killing the unions.

Im from the Northeast and I moved to fla, I have never seen such underpaid people in my lifetime. Most work for peanuts with no benefits. Right to work means right to work for nothing, many counties in fla have high unemployment and employers take quite the advantage.

Union boss' have no one but themselves to blame for slowly killing unions, with their greed and because of that greed and the desire to keep the good thing going they have made grave mistakes by making unfair demands that went to far.

On the other hand NO one can convince me that most companies wont bone their employees out of the same greed.
    I see it here in fla. There has to be a means for employees to get a fair wage and they are entitled to some benefits.

There are some who believe workers are employers chattel, $#@! that. Employees are the fuel that makes you money and keeps your business in business.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

gamewell45 (05-27-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't like your working conditions, you don't have to work there.

Unions act like the employees own the company. They don't. They get an agreed to wage for performing an agreed to service. If you don't like it, move on. Find something more to your liking.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-27-2018)

+ Reply to Thread