Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    A million dollars for each girl is out of line? What's the price for molesting girls supposed to be?
    Usually in these types of settlements there is a settlement chart with allocations of funds to victims based on severity. For instance, not every victim was molested repeatedly. $1M or more would be, based on my experience, for a victim who was repeatedly molested and for whom it had significant long-term psychological and economic consequences. With 322 victims, not each one was repeatedly molested. Even the media indicated that this was a particularly large settlement.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,251
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    It is unjust. An employee committed a crime. But you go for the deepest pocket around. The school did not commit the crime. The lawyers representing the girls did. They raped the school and possibly taxpayers.
    The investigation led to the arrest of William Strampel, Nassar's boss at the university's College of Osteopathic Medicine, on charges of felony misconduct in office and misdemeanor criminal sexual conduct. Strampel has pleaded not guilty to the charges. https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/us/la...ent/index.html
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is unjust. An employee committed a crime. But you go for the deepest pocket around. The school did not commit the crime. The lawyers representing the girls did. They raped the school and possibly taxpayers.
    If your employee, within the course of his employment, commits a crime, as the employer, you are vicariously liable for the damages. Legally, this is the master - servant relationship, and goes back hundreds of years in common law. In other words, while your employees are on the job, if they steal, rape or commit assault, you are financially liable to the victims.

Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,399x in 27,955 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    I'm all in because it's the law and should be. Time to end the dirty old men crap. The girl was all in too and got taken down as it should have been.
    If there is a law that says one can take from someone not guilty to pay for the perp's crime that law is unjust. The perp committed the crimes, not the school.
    You use the taxpayer excuse as if the government isn't made up of taxpayers.
    You have no clue, do you? The state-run school did not commit any crime. The perp did. The taxpayers are not the state-run school. The taxpayers are not the government. A representative republic elects people to make laws on our behalf. We are not the government and the government is not us.

Personally, I would have done something different but that's me.
    Then you too would be a criminal. Will the taxpayers have to foot the bill for your crimes as well?
    I hope you never had daughters, I really do.
    I have two daughters. They both turned out well. But then I did not teach them that taxpayers would be on the hook if they committed crimes.

There is NO proportionality in this agreement. If I lost a limb at work I might receive $100K.
    And now you tell me that touching a $#@! is worth ten times that?

It is wholly unjust. This was a crime perpetrated by lawyers to enrich themselves.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    If your employee, within the course of his employment, commits a crime, as the employer, you are vicariously liable for the damages. Legally, this is the master - servant relationship, and goes back hundreds of years in common law. In other words, while your employees are on the job, if they steal, rape or commit assault, you are financially liable to the victims.
    Then the law is unjust. I also believe you have misstated the fundamentals.

But there were no damages. No one died. No limbs were lost. It is hard to tell if the girls were even concerned until this latest craziness set in. The girls just wanted to win. Now they want to cash in.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Mister D (05-26-2018)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The investigation led to the arrest of William Strampel, Nassar's boss at the university's College of Osteopathic Medicine, on charges of felony misconduct in office and misdemeanor criminal sexual conduct. Strampel has pleaded not guilty to the charges. https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/us/la...ent/index.html
    Naturally. Anyone can be charged with a crime.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,587x in 36,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But there were no damages. No one died. No limbs were lost. It is hard to tell if the girls were even concerned until this latest craziness set in. The girls just wanted to win. Now they want to cash in.
    Yeah, that just doesn't sound right.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-26-2018)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't know what the trauma of molestation did to these victims. You think that physical injury is the only kind that matters? Actually, psychological injury can be more devastating in the long run. It can destroy trust, self-esteem and peace of mind. Part of the problem is that the injury is really invisible, so the victims don't receive any help. Furthermore, even the mention of these things tends to invite judgment. Sexual abuse, molestation or rape - whatever you want to call it, destroys people's lives - the ability to form intimate relationships, a tendency toward drug and alcohol abuse, depressive disorders, hypersexuality.... all manner of dysfunctional behaviors that limit future success.

Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't know what the trauma of molestation did to these victims. You think that physical injury is the only kind that matters? Actually, psychological injury can be more devastating in the long run. It can destroy trust, self-esteem and peace of mind. Part of the problem is that the injury is really invisible, so the victims don't receive any help. Furthermore, even the mention of these things tends to invite judgment. Sexual abuse, molestation or rape - whatever you want to call it, destroys people's lives - the ability to form intimate relationships, a tendency toward drug and alcohol abuse, depressive disorders, hypersexuality.... all manner of dysfunctional behaviors that limit future success.
    Were they not all highly competitive girls? Girl parts got fondled. Big deal. Have you all gone completely nuts?

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,657x in 25,180 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were they not all highly competitive girls? Girl parts got fondled. Big deal. Have you all gone completely nuts?
    It is a big deal. Big.

MSU isn’t paying for the crimes of Nassar, vicarious liability doesn’t trigger for illegal conduct, it is for its own negligence and malfeasance which contributed to the molestation.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-27-2018),Dr. Who (05-26-2018)

+ Reply to Thread