User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Poland wants permanent U.S. military base, willing to pay for it.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,539x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    As it was in October of 2016, nearly 2 years ago, we had this same conversation.

Peter1469; The proto-state is falling just as I said it would the day it announced itself.

Ransom; The proto-state is falling......following direct military action by the US and western nations...not to mention the Iraq Military facilitated directly by the United States, the Russian military taking full advantage of the chaos to establish it's first ME presence in decades, and the Syrian Military backed by both Russia and Syria....Peter.

Your claim was that it would fail on it's own. That Sunni Tribal factions would reject them outright. That they had no staying power, urged we don't get involved, allow them to fight it out....that as long as the fighting stayed local, it actually made the west safer.

You carried on with department funding necessities when our intelligence agencies warned of this threat. You throttled any calls for action with caution tales of mission creep and/or cost analysis, you've claimed the US has no interests in the outcome in Syria in 2014....after claiming NOPD when violence predictably increased in 2011 Iraq.

Careful with your f'n just as I said bullshiit, Peter, there is more to what you've said. Your analysis on the Islamic State was a colossal fck up.
    You did not understand my claims. You don't understand much outside of Neocon ideology, and you even get that wrong when you attribute it to older schools of thought.

I never discounted US assistance. Remember my discussion of the shadow war?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,097x in 10,779 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a picture of da Nile, you're in denial. Any other questions?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,539x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

This is a picture of da Nile, you're in denial. Any other questions?
    Yes.

Why do you wallow in ignorance?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,097x in 10,779 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Yes.

Why do you wallow in ignorance?
    The primary reason for the defeat and rollback of the Islamic State can be asserted with the following undeniable facts.

A conclusion had to be reached, it had to be painfully obvious that the Islamic State was a threat to our vital national interests, a threat to our homeland, a cyber security threat, a terrorists returning from the battlefield threat, and international security issue requiring our full and overt intervention. That decision had to be made. Despite the obvious issue of mission creep. Despite the obvious chattering from our Isolationists. Despite those who vehemently opposed US overt military action......those wrong and erred would have to be overruled. Many previous to the attacks in Paris opposed military intervention. The French....came to the conclusion I started this paragraph with...and overruled their isolationists and late to the table Constituents....and got directly involved. The British Parliament showed surprising resolve...and voted to get involved militarily as well.

But necessary in rolling ISIS back...especially in Iraq where ISIS had been permitted to scorch across the Levant, take dams and infrastructure including banks, run over the Iraq Army, Peshmerga, and Shia militia alike. Make alliances with the Sunni Arabs in Anbar. And dig into Iraq's 3rd largest city, occupy it, mine and booby trap, and then await their jihad. The main piece of weaponry used to take all of this land...….the Toyota pickup truck...….the necessary and vital piece to that vital and necessary task.....was overt military action by the United States. And Obama began just that. With this Constituent's full support.

Conclusion had to be reached. Overt action had to be taken. And then the reminder when that tactic proves successful to the many Members who are my friends here who vehemently opposed overt US military intervention. Some opposed even covert actions, some insisted we all come home. This particular Member had been calling for direct overt military intervention after the murder and rape of Kayla Mueller.

You all know where you were, the record here is clear. Some were right. Some were wrong.

+ Reply to Thread