Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin D defficiency epidemic

I wanted to cover this topic because I believe it is important to us all. Our soils have become depleted of many minerals so we do not get enough minerals in our food any longer. Many of us are becoming deficient. There is a vitamin D deficiency epidemic in America and Globally as well. For one many people are not getting out in the sun as they used to due to our digital life, and the scare of Cancer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3068797/

If anyone does want to try any of these remedies please talk to your Dr and research it as things like Magnesium can interfere with some medications. I want everyone healthy and safe.
    I believe it is of great importance for all of us to be tested for our vitamin D levels and B12, and magnesium. There are so many health conditions that can be traced back to not getting enough minerals. Magnesium alone controls over 300 processes in the body it is so important and about 70 to 80% of the population is deficient in magnesium. Many people who get headaches can be headache free after one dose of magnesium and for some it may take longer. Improvements can be noticed right away in some.

Without the proper amount of magnesium in our body we cannot convert vitamin D to it's useable form. Going in the sun will not raise your D levels if you are magnesium deficient. But there are things to know if you want to supplement.

we can take up to 5,000 units per day of Vitamin D but this must be taken with vitamin K2 because vitamin D can cause calcium deposits in your soft tissues including arteries, and taking K2 will ensure that the calcium moves to the bones, and the K2 will also help to clear existing calcium deposits.

In order for our bodies to produce the useable form of Vitamin D we need to have proper magnesium levels. Women can supplement up to around 300 and men 400 per day. This will help your body to produce your vitamin D

In order for your body to use the magnesium properly you need to take B6, I get my B6 from all natural unfortified nutritional yeast. I just take a small spoon a few times per day. This link is not the one I take I am not endorsing I just want to give you an idea what to look for. https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Non-f...al+yeast&psc=1

Our B12 levels are also very important as if we do not have proper levels we can get all sorts of health problems. It is best to get B12 from natural food sources like Beef, Milk, Eggs, Yogurt. B12 vitamins can be dangerous if your do decide to supplement go for Methylcobalmin and not Cobalmin as it contains cyanide http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/99-...ntains-cyanide

It has been proven that older people who have dementia also have low b12 and vitamin D levels and sometimes supplementing can reverse dementia symptoms. That is pretty bombshell.

It is best to take vitamin D first thing in the morning with your breakfast it is fat soluble so you need to eat some fat with it for it to have the best absorbtion. Do not take magnesium at the same time as vitamin D because they compete with one another take your magnesium before bed. Take your vitamin B6 in the form of unfortified nutritional yeast in small doses through out the day because it exits your body through urine. It does no good to take a high dose you will loose it. I just take two small spoons per day.

For magnesium I make magnesium oil from magnesium flakes. It absorbs through the skin. The recipe is very simple just take one cup of magnesium flakes, add it to one cup of boiling water stir till dissolved and let cool put in a glass spray bottle as plastic will leech chemicals. And voila you have Magnesium oil. Do not use metal to stir use a wood or plastic spoon contact with metal will destroy some of the minerals. 4 sprays will give you 66mg you can take 10 to 20 sprays per day. The best place to spray it is your under arm because of the fatty tissue, and your lower stomach as well. It may itch and burn that is it absorbing. If you must wash it off then try to wait 20 muintes but it is best not to wash it off.

You can also take foot baths with magnesium flakes, that will raise your blood magnesium levels and it will be comforting and soothing. It will not itch like the spray.

There are also trace mineral drops that you can add to your water. I keep a bottle and just add 2 to 6 drops per glass of water. It is a way to get some much needed minerals. Heres a link again just an example, I do not buy form here.https://thrivemarket.com/p/trace-min...ea1e4a1aedb907 For me personally I found that taking the recommended amount made me have upset stomach.

You can also take magnesium supplements here is a link to the different kinds I am taking Magnesium Malate https://www.naturalnews.com/046401_m...bsorption.html

Also there is making sole water sole water has 84 minerals including magnesium. Sole water is just pink Himalayan salt dissolved in water. You can also take a foot bath with Himalayan salt. It has amazing abilities to help with allergies. I have severe allergies and if I add about 1/4 of a cup of Himalayan salt to the water in my foot bath and my allergies clear up within minutes. It does not seem to last more than a few hours but it is definitely something. might not work for every one but works for me.

How to make sole water
    Take a jar fill 1/4 full of Himalayan salt, fill with bottled water of your choice. Leave two inches at the top. Slightly swish the salt around by moving the jar in small circular motions. This is the only time you will need to stir your sole water. Let it sit over night in the morning if there is still salt in the bottom of the jar it means that it absorbed all it could. Then your sole water is ready. If there is no salt add more and check again the next day do this until there is still salt in the bottom. Do not use metal to stir or it will destroy the minerals, do not use a metal lid. Use saran wrap or a plastic lid. When you take the sole water start with 1/4 of a teaspoon and add it to a glass of water, you can work your way up to 1 tsp. You only need to take this once per day. They say to take it first thing in the morning on and empty stomach and then wait 15 minutes before eating or drinking anything else so your body can absorb the minerals. Your sole water should be clear water, that is the part you want to take. Do not stir the sole water. Just skim your tsp of sole water off the top with the clear water and add it to your water.

You will know when you have reached optimum magnesium levels when you get a loose stool at that point back off a bit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-29-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to add video of Sole water. I don't think this is the best, and you don't have to use the giant crystals to make the Sole you can just use the regular form This is just incase my directions are not clear enough. You can find better videoes I am sure.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

roadmaster (05-29-2018)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is agree. It's is becoming an epidemic in America the lack of vit D

6. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (05-29-2018)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I wanted to cover this topic because I believe it is important to us all. Our soils have become depleted of many minerals so we do not get enough minerals in our food any longer. Many of us are becoming deficient. There is a vitamin D deficiency epidemic in America and Globally as well. For one many people are not getting out in the sun as they used to due to our digital life, and the scare of Cancer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3068797/

If anyone does want to try any of these remedies please talk to your Dr and research it as things like Magnesium can interfere with some medications. I want everyone healthy and safe.
    I believe it is of great importance for all of us to be tested for our vitamin D levels and B12, and magnesium. There are so many health conditions that can be traced back to not getting enough minerals. Magnesium alone controls over 300 processes in the body it is so important and about 70 to 80% of the population is deficient in magnesium. Many people who get headaches can be headache free after one dose of magnesium and for some it may take longer. Improvements can be noticed right away in some.

Without the proper amount of magnesium in our body we cannot convert vitamin D to it's useable form. Going in the sun will not raise your D levels if you are magnesium deficient. But there are things to know if you want to supplement.

we can take up to 5,000 units per day of Vitamin D but this must be taken with vitamin K2 because vitamin D can cause calcium deposits in your soft tissues including arteries, and taking K2 will ensure that the calcium moves to the bones, and the K2 will also help to clear existing calcium deposits.

In order for our bodies to produce the useable form of Vitamin D we need to have proper magnesium levels. Women can supplement up to around 300 and men 400 per day. This will help your body to produce your vitamin D

In order for your body to use the magnesium properly you need to take B6, I get my B6 from all natural unfortified nutritional yeast. I just take a small spoon a few times per day. This link is not the one I take I am not endorsing I just want to give you an idea what to look for. https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Non-f...al+yeast&psc=1

Our B12 levels are also very important as if we do not have proper levels we can get all sorts of health problems. It is best to get B12 from natural food sources like Beef, Milk, Eggs, Yogurt. B12 vitamins can be dangerous if your do decide to supplement go for Methylcobalmin and not Cobalmin as it contains cyanide http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/99-...ntains-cyanide

It has been proven that older people who have dementia also have low b12 and vitamin D levels and sometimes supplementing can reverse dementia symptoms. That is pretty bombshell.

It is best to take vitamin D first thing in the morning with your breakfast it is fat soluble so you need to eat some fat with it for it to have the best absorbtion. Do not take magnesium at the same time as vitamin D because they compete with one another take your magnesium before bed. Take your vitamin B6 in the form of unfortified nutritional yeast in small doses through out the day because it exits your body through urine. It does no good to take a high dose you will loose it. I just take two small spoons per day.

For magnesium I make magnesium oil from magnesium flakes. It absorbs through the skin. The recipe is very simple just take one cup of magnesium flakes, add it to one cup of boiling water stir till dissolved and let cool put in a glass spray bottle as plastic will leech chemicals. And voila you have Magnesium oil. Do not use metal to stir use a wood or plastic spoon contact with metal will destroy some of the minerals. 4 sprays will give you 66mg you can take 10 to 20 sprays per day. The best place to spray it is your under arm because of the fatty tissue, and your lower stomach as well. It may itch and burn that is it absorbing. If you must wash it off then try to wait 20 muintes but it is best not to wash it off.

You can also take foot baths with magnesium flakes, that will raise your blood magnesium levels and it will be comforting and soothing. It will not itch like the spray.

There are also trace mineral drops that you can add to your water. I keep a bottle and just add 2 to 6 drops per glass of water. It is a way to get some much needed minerals. Heres a link again just an example, I do not buy form here.https://thrivemarket.com/p/trace-min...ea1e4a1aedb907 For me personally I found that taking the recommended amount made me have upset stomach.

You can also take magnesium supplements here is a link to the different kinds I am taking Magnesium Malate https://www.naturalnews.com/046401_m...bsorption.html

Also there is making sole water sole water has 84 minerals including magnesium. Sole water is just pink Himalayan salt dissolved in water. You can also take a foot bath with Himalayan salt. It has amazing abilities to help with allergies. I have severe allergies and if I add about 1/4 of a cup of Himalayan salt to the water in my foot bath and my allergies clear up within minutes. It does not seem to last more than a few hours but it is definitely something. might not work for every one but works for me.

How to make sole water
    Take a jar fill 1/4 full of Himalayan salt, fill with bottled water of your choice. Leave two inches at the top. Slightly swish the salt around by moving the jar in small circular motions. This is the only time you will need to stir your sole water. Let it sit over night in the morning if there is still salt in the bottom of the jar it means that it absorbed all it could. Then your sole water is ready. If there is no salt add more and check again the next day do this until there is still salt in the bottom. Do not use metal to stir or it will destroy the minerals, do not use a metal lid. Use saran wrap or a plastic lid. When you take the sole water start with 1/4 of a teaspoon and add it to a glass of water, you can work your way up to 1 tsp. You only need to take this once per day. They say to take it first thing in the morning on and empty stomach and then wait 15 minutes before eating or drinking anything else so your body can absorb the minerals. Your sole water should be clear water, that is the part you want to take. Do not stir the sole water. Just skim your tsp of sole water off the top with the clear water and add it to your water.

You will know when you have reached optimum magnesium levels when you get a loose stool at that point back off a bit.

Send your kids outside and stop mono culture.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read just today that the latest research says we get no benefit from taking basic supplements, like Vit D, E, calcium and multi vites. They say they found no evidence any of it benefits the body.

I take a multi, amino acids and some other herbs, tumeric, boswellia and D-Ribose
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (05-29-2018)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I read just today that the latest research says we get no benefit from taking basic supplements, like Vit D, E, calcium and multi vites. They say they found no evidence any of it benefits the body.

I take a multi, amino acids and some other herbs, tumeric, boswellia and D-Ribose

It's not as good as eating the vitamins but on the other hand don't believe every study you read.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true that vitamins in pill form are not as readily absorbed by the body and also are not used as well by the body. Our body prefers everything in it's natural form. This is the reason why I gave the most natural forms possible as example.

It is the best to get your vitamin D from the sun. But many of us can no longer produce our vitamin D from the sun because if we are magnesium deficient our body will not produce the vitamin D. This is why I made sure to explain many ways to supplement. You can supplement with real magnesium. Because it is the real thing the body will recognize it.

I am a firm believer in getting every vitamin you need naturally and from food sources. I have for most of my life eaten all natural and eat lots of foods that are supposed to be nutrient rich such as fruits and vegetables. But I have become deficient anyways. It should be impossible for a person with a diet like mine to be deficient. But I have learned that the soils are becoming depleted and that is why it is good to make sure you add minerals to your body.

The Trace minerals drops that you add to your water or even the Sole water are not supplements. They are the real deal they are minerals in the raw form . The Nutritional yeast is a natural form of B6 rather than a supplement.

I do take vitamin D liquid emulsion that is plant based with K2 in it but when my levels return to normal I will just be getting my Vitamin D from the sun only. I only have to supplement because my levels are so low. But I have found the causes for low levels when it should not be the case. I thought perhaps this information that I have gathered could be of benefit to others.

Sometimes when we are very deficient in a vitamin we have no choice but to supplement. It is very important to know your levels. It can be the underlying cause of so many health problems. It is an inexpensive test to get done and the benefits can be great.

If we can get our nutrients from food or natural sources it is the best because our body will recognize it.
    There is another very important mineral that we can only get through food that is potassium. We need 4,700 milligrams daily. But you can't get it in a supplement it can only be gotten through food. I found the highest of all in potassium is potatoes around 900mg and 1 cup of white beans around 900mg tomato juice or sauce is over 400mg per 8oz cup. Prunes are also a great source but I forgot the mg amount in them.

I also drink Tumeric tea daily I drink a turmeric tea with a dash of pepper and a bit of coconut oil. I don't know if it is doing much but it is not hurting me so I will keep drinking it. I will look into the others that you mentioned always looking to expand knowledge.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing I didn't mention is Vitamin D is not a vitamin, it is a hormone.
    Also I did mention this it is fat soluble so taking it with fat helps it to assimilate.

over all easy recap
    .you need b6 to absorb magnesium
    .you need magnesium to covert vitamin D from the sun
    .Vitamin D can cause calcium deposits in soft tissues
    .you need vitamin K to transfer calcium from soft tissues to bones
    .you need to eat fat with Vitamin D as it's a fat soluble hormone
    .you need to take vitamin D in morning, Magnesium at night because they interfere with one another

If your levels are not too low you can just take minerals and get a little bit of sun checking your levels is best.
    15 minutes in the sun will give you 10,000 units of vitamin D If you have darker skin it may take longer the lighter your skin the less time you need. After 15 minutes the Vitamin D production shuts down. Your body does not to OD you, production simply shuts down. Too much vitamin anything can be dangerous.

You need to ask Dr if you can take any of these because certain medications can have a dangerous interaction one I know of could be blood pressure medications.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with multi vites is there is not enough of the key vitamins there!And they add glue and binders in them.Take the big separate vitamins individually.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a relaxing soak for tired muscles add Epsom Salts to your bath or hot tub/spa! Epsom salts are magnesium sulphate. It works! And the salts are compatible with the tub/spa chemistry and will not cause scaling.
    Or, if nothing else, use it in a foot bath.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (05-30-2018)

+ Reply to Thread